Blizzard DVD trailer

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

halo8th
Cool Member

Re: Blizzard DVD trailer

Post by halo8th »

TAB wrote:
Trigger wrote:I am delighted chaps! Tito, isn't it odd that of all the footage we all knew about what we have seen is none that we had all speculated about, those who filmed it didnt come to the forums mentioning it which makes me wonder if the reason why we didn't know was because it was done for Ozzy and the band and they had no reason to mention it?

Should that be the case we still have plenty to look forward to.
I have been thinking exactly that, the Diary footage seems to be filmed on stage which would mean Ozzy's crew. So I agree, I think there is much more now.

I don't. They're not "saving" anything. Only way we'll ever see anything else is if something is lying around, buried and hidden. It's not likely, but you never know. There was such a small window...only a 2 1/2 month Diary tour window. I'll always be very hopeful though, its my "holy grail"
Anything is possible. Did you all hear about that 7th game of the 1960 World Series that was recently discovered in Bing Crosby's wine cellar basement a few months back? It was the complete game on film, nobody thought it existed. It was recently released on DVD. So it goes to show, you never know.
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

The more I watch the trailer, the more I have concerns. It seems like the Diary stuff is more footage of Ozzy and Sarzo. Just like the After Hours thing..."oh here comes Randy's solo - let's move the camera to Rudy Sarzo." I never understood this?? Don't camera men know when to focus on who??

Also, the only Diary footage I see of Randy is a somewhat blurred close up of the PDV during a solo.

However, I will remain optomistic since this is only a trailer. But, I was hoping for one like 5 second clip of Randy on stage that has good color and focus, and if I saw that here in the trailer I'd be stoked. Keeping consistent with "trailers"... Usually it's the best of the best footage.
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

However, I am still very grateful for this release! Anything Randy is always awesome.
myhero

Post by myhero »

Awesome!
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

halo8th wrote:I don't. They're not "saving" anything. Only way we'll ever see anything else is if something is lying around, buried and hidden. It's not likely, but you never know. There was such a small window...only a 2 1/2 month Diary tour window.
What about the material Wareagle was telling about last year? Does that material really exist, what happened to that story? :?:
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

Isodee wrote:
halo8th wrote:I don't. They're not "saving" anything. Only way we'll ever see anything else is if something is lying around, buried and hidden. It's not likely, but you never know. There was such a small window...only a 2 1/2 month Diary tour window.
What about the material Wareagle was telling about last year? Does that material really exist, what happened to that story? :?:
The footage that wareagle talked about does exist i spoke with bill shelley who had the footage and he confirmed that, and he also confirmed it was in the hands of the osbournes, which leads me to believe that the footage we are seeing in the trailer indeed came from him. I dont thing the osbournes just found this footage in there archives if they had it it would have came out for the tribute album not the after hours clips we see on crazy train from that video. Bill said to me he had more than one show. I approached him as im a film maker and was looking for footage of randy myself and bill runs the archives.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

AndrewT1976 wrote:The more I watch the trailer, the more I have concerns. It seems like the Diary stuff is more footage of Ozzy and Sarzo. Just like the After Hours thing..."oh here comes Randy's solo - let's move the camera to Rudy Sarzo." I never understood this?? Don't camera men know when to focus on who??

Also, the only Diary footage I see of Randy is a somewhat blurred close up of the PDV during a solo.

However, I will remain optomistic since this is only a trailer. But, I was hoping for one like 5 second clip of Randy on stage that has good color and focus, and if I saw that here in the trailer I'd be stoked. Keeping consistent with "trailers"... Usually it's the best of the best footage.

Do camera-men know how to focus? No.....a lot of camera-men don't know who and when to focus on. Remember, alot of them just film and could care less about the band or the band's music. So they don't care or even know about a "solo" half the time.
I will agree with you about the Diary footage. Also, i think what you've seen in the trailer is all we'll see regarding that. Its hugely obvious, considering when they went to nice, clear shots of Ozzy, they were taken from the Irvine Meadows/Brad Gillis show.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

halo8th wrote: I will agree with you about the Diary footage. Also, i think what you've seen in the trailer is all we'll see regarding that. Its hugely obvious, considering when they went to nice, clear shots of Ozzy, they were taken from the Irvine Meadows/Brad Gillis show.
I agree. Also, if there is a decent amount of Diary footage it would have at least been a footnote in the Disc bio. As oppose to the paragraph regarding the Palladium footage and no mention of a Diary show. It would have been mentioned.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

So why would there be pro-shot Diary footage that only contains a few shots? I understand the E.T. situation, but if this came from Ozzy's crew then why film only a little bit? They already had everything set up, why not just film it all?

I could be totally wrong - maybe Im just saying this because I want it to be true, but I think there has to be a lot more of that footage. There are theories that he's saving it for next year (30th and 5th) which might make sense.

Having seen the trailer it's going to be such a tough wait. I've been listening to bootlegs non-stop since yesterday morning. This is awesome.
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

Yes, I agree with everyone about this, and I didn't even know anything about an Irvine Meadows show that was from SOTD w/Gillis. Why would they include footage from a performance after the Blizzard/Diary albums (especially if they are trying to promote something new)?

I also agree about the footnote thing. They would be saying something in a footnote like "featuring 22 min of never released DOAM tour footage." But they don't.

I think we're in for another "Don't Blame Me" type video, where there are 5 second blurry clips that are talked over by guys like Wylde and Halford. It wouldn't surprise me.

There also is the DEFINITE possibility of more footage being released on the 30th anniversary of Randy' death. Think about it, the Osbournes make a ton of cash off of this $150 box set, it causes a little attention, then boom - a DVD set of maybe some more live performances. George Lucas does this all the time. How many times has he released different Star Wars DVD sets? Isn't there like 3 or 4?

That's why my message to the Osbournes is just release all the darn footage, and we'll buy it once, and then we can move on.

There is no way they ONLY have a high quality video of Irvine Meadows from that tour. IF ANYTHING, they would have heavily filmed the beginning of the tour when there was all the hype.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

AceVader wrote:So why would there be pro-shot Diary footage that only contains a few shots? I understand the E.T. situation, but if this came from Ozzy's crew then why film only a little bit? They already had everything set up, why not just film it all?
just my opinion.. but I think if Ozzy and Sharon had this in the tank the whole time we would have seen at least Clips of it before now. We have seen Ozzy use After Hours clips for 25 years... I just think if his crew filmed this.. He would have used some of it before now.

But a lot to be excited about for sure.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

axeman_12656 wrote:
AceVader wrote:So why would there be pro-shot Diary footage that only contains a few shots? I understand the E.T. situation, but if this came from Ozzy's crew then why film only a little bit? They already had everything set up, why not just film it all?
just my opinion.. but I think if Ozzy and Sharon had this in the tank the whole time we would have seen at least Clips of it before now. We have seen Ozzy use After Hours clips for 25 years... I just think if his crew filmed this.. He would have used some of it before now.

But a lot to be excited about for sure.
Ozzy said a long time ago that Tribute was the only material he had of Rhoads. We know that wasnt true. I dont really put any stock in what Ozzy says regarding Randy material. I mean no disrespect to him, but even if he did know about something he wouldnt necessarily remember it or care to tell the public about it. For some reason (and maybe due to issues with the Rhoads family) they are funny about anything Rhoads related. I think we all know that.

So, point being, the fact that he hasnt used it for anything or talked about it doesnt tell me that it doesnt exist. He could swear up and down that he has now released everything Randy - related in his posession and it would go in one ear and out the other just based on how it has been handled in the past. I'm glad this new material has come to light, I'm really glad the Diary stuff is on there, and I hope for more. I'll still hope for more when he says there isnt any lol.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Not only are we completely over a barrel and in no position to argue anyway, but like others; I am actually pleased and excited with this release! Ozzy and Sharon don't have to do this and also don't owe anyone anything. I have the same attitude towards premiership footballers being paid a handsome sum of money for what they do, as I do about Sharon business savvy and what she does; ie if you have a talent - and that talent is able to make you money, then why the hell not?

24th March - only 1 official live Randy release
May - a whole new Ozzy/Randy box set! That's positive! (God I am sounding like Johnny Depp's Ed Wood :) )

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

ps off topic slightly

But a lot of the premiership guys are always being slated in media for being millionaires etc, I am sure it is the same with American football. But we (the public) don't know the half of a lot of the kind things they do.

At my wife's last job the school wrote to David Beckham asking if he would sign a football poster, so they could auction it to raise money for this girl's special electric wheel chair. It was a huge sum of money because she was very ill. If I am correct it was near £100000.
A letter came back from his mother in law saying they were on holiday but they were really moved and would like to buy it for her. It is all too easy to see the worst I suppose is what I am saying.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

halo8th wrote:
AndrewT1976 wrote:The more I watch the trailer, the more I have concerns. It seems like the Diary stuff is more footage of Ozzy and Sarzo. Just like the After Hours thing..."oh here comes Randy's solo - let's move the camera to Rudy Sarzo." I never understood this?? Don't camera men know when to focus on who??

Do camera-men know how to focus? No.....a lot of camera-men don't know who and when to focus on. Remember, alot of them just film and could care less about the band or the band's music. So they don't care or even know about a "solo" half the time.
I will agree with you about the Diary footage. Also, i think what you've seen in the trailer is all we'll see regarding that. Its hugely obvious, considering when they went to nice, clear shots of Ozzy, they were taken from the Irvine Meadows/Brad Gillis show.
Yeah we camera men do know how to focus but back in the days of super 8 and super 16mm a lot of the cameras didnt react well under low light conditions and some had fixed focus so you could do much with them other than point and hope for the best.
You are talking 29 years ago its not like cameras today that do it all for you.