An idea about Ozzy and RAndys Releases....

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

sbjch1997

An idea about Ozzy and RAndys Releases....

Post by sbjch1997 »

Randy only died 29 years ago. I think Ozzy is saving the real gems for next year for the 30th anniversary of diary and 10th anniversary of the reissued blizzard and 25th anniversary of the tribute album (i think these dates are right correct me if i am wrong) and his death. Anyone else feel this way? Ozzy is saving everything for next year. I don't know why but i defanitly think that there will be footage within the next few years and a new live concert.
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Re: An idea about Ozzy and RAndys Releases....

Post by sytharnia »

:shock: oh god please don't start another thread that will be full of totally unfounded speculation.....

"won't somebody think of the children"
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Why? You sound like you are losing grip with reality and trying to make deals to get back on level ground. I understand, you are the madman saying, "Sharon will put everything out next year, Ha ha!" We have all been riding waves of hopes and disappointments. Let's just wait and see what comes out. No more speculations. Come down from the edge...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Oh! Guru Han why didn't i think of that, you know 'it all'. Are you somekind of undercover agent and know more then us ?. You'd fucking shit yourself if these words turned out to be true. Your just as informed as the rest of us but have the word stuff from your mouth to your arse. Why do you like to mock people with a different view other then what yours is ?.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Ha ha ha.
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Oh! Guru Han why didn't i think of that, you know 'it all'. Are you somekind of undercover agent and know more then us ?. You'd fucking shit yourself if these words turned out to be true. Your just as informed as the rest of us but have the word stuff from your mouth to your arse. Why do you like to mock people with a different view other then what yours is ?.
Blind speculation is a little ridiculous, be it overly pessimistic or optimistic. He, here at least, didn't claim to KNOW anything, and prescribed a 'wait, see, and hope for the best' approach- that seems pretty reasonable.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

sbjch1997 wrote:Randy only died 29 years ago. I think Ozzy is saving the real gems for next year for the 30th anniversary of diary and 10th anniversary of the reissued blizzard and 25th anniversary of the tribute album (i think these dates are right correct me if i am wrong) and his death. Anyone else feel this way? Ozzy is saving everything for next year. I don't know why but i defanitly think that there will be footage within the next few years and a new live concert.

HAHA.....NOT a chance, brother. Don't slip into "sad" territory and start reaching for the stars. Its a nice thought, but there's a better chance of you walking on the moon tomorrow.
These releases are a one-time only. The only way you'll ever see anything else at this point if some hidden diamond that no one knew about is somehow miraculously unearthed.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Hey GuitarEGO5682, (that how you act) if you actually read my posts not just copped an attitude you might understand where I'm coming from. I'm sure you can speculate some more how you know you will feel when you own the boxset or what other releases she could put out. Maybe someone could do a documentary on Randy and simply release it... Can't you see how painful this is for some?
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

halo8th wrote:
sbjch1997 wrote:Randy only died 29 years ago. I think Ozzy is saving the real gems for next year for the 30th anniversary of diary and 10th anniversary of the reissued blizzard and 25th anniversary of the tribute album (i think these dates are right correct me if i am wrong) and his death. Anyone else feel this way? Ozzy is saving everything for next year. I don't know why but i defanitly think that there will be footage within the next few years and a new live concert.
HAHA.....NOT a chance, brother. Don't slip into "sad" territory and start reaching for the stars. Its a nice thought, but there's a better chance of you walking on the moon tomorrow.
These releases are a one-time only. The only way you'll ever see anything else at this point if some hidden diamond that no one knew about is somehow miraculously unearthed.
For many years people reacted like this. But see now: the Palladium show will be available within 2,5 months on dvd. 8)
Also a tourmanager himself (Dave Tangye) said one or two shows were pro-filmed in 1981..... I think there are still enough clues there is more out there. Not sure where you comming from but stuff not being released for decades doesn't mean it does not exist. For decades the 'nay' sayers used that theory. $haron once said they were sitting on 'tons of stuff' they couldn't use. The upcomming dvd maybe give some new clues for stuff we didn't even know about..... who knows! :wink:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:For many years people reacted like this. But see now: the Palladium show will be available within 2,5 months on dvd. 8)
Also a tourmanager himself (Dave Tangye) said one or two shows were pro-filmed in 1981..... I think there are still enough clues there is more out there. Not sure where you comming from but stuff not being released for decades doesn't mean it does not exist. For decades the 'nay' sayers used that theory. $haron once said they were sitting on 'tons of stuff' they couldn't use. The upcomming dvd maybe give some new clues for stuff we didn't even know about..... who knows! :wink:
+1
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
Phineas J

Post by Phineas J »

It would make sense to ration the Randy stuff and spread it out from a business sense, but to be honest I dont think they are planning much else. Unless the Rhoads family dynamic changes and they decide to get actively involved in releasing more stuff, I dont see Ozzy bothering too much with any leftovers.

I would love to see Ozzy do a "Tribute" summer tour to promote Randy's legacy and all he meant to world of music. Bring in Rudy, Tommy, and Don....and Zakk play the guitar. Do a "legacy" set and recreate the castle with the same setlists. That would (IMO) give everyone a chance to kinda feel the old excitement that Ozzy brought when he was still a madman with a hot new guitar player.

I would love to be wrong, but unless these box sets go through the roof in sales, we probably wont see much...especially in a short time period.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Phineas J wrote:It would make sense to ration the Randy stuff and spread it out from a business sense, but to be honest I dont think they are planning much else. Unless the Rhoads family dynamic changes and they decide to get actively involved in releasing more stuff, I dont see Ozzy bothering too much with any leftovers.

I would love to see Ozzy do a "Tribute" summer tour to promote Randy's legacy and all he meant to world of music. Bring in Rudy, Tommy, and Don....and Zakk play the guitar. Do a "legacy" set and recreate the castle with the same setlists. That would (IMO) give everyone a chance to kinda feel the old excitement that Ozzy brought when he was still a madman with a hot new guitar player.

I would love to be wrong, but unless these box sets go through the roof in sales, we probably wont see much...especially in a short time period.

I personally wouldnt want to see this. At one point I respected Zakk, and yes he is a Randy fanatic like the rest of us, but I dont wanna hear his downtuned, butchered, sloppy renditions of Randy's classics. Ozzy's pipes cant handle it anymore either. I think the best way to promote the Rhoads legacy is to simply release what is available. Randy's awesomeness speaks for itself.

I mean no disrespect to your post, by the way - if we were talking about Zakk 20 years ago, then I'd love to see it.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

hansolo wrote:Hey GuitarEGO5682, (that how you act) if you actually read my posts not just copped an attitude you might understand where I'm coming from. I'm sure you can speculate some more how you know you will feel when you own the boxset or what other releases she could put out. Maybe someone could do a documentary on Randy and simply release it... Can't you see how painful this is for some?
What's in a name... look :shock: i can do the same Han Rsol..........O
Thank you and good night !!!! my ego needs a rest .....ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz :roll:
shawn
Cool Member

Post by shawn »

sytharnia wrote:oh god please don't start another thread that will be full of totally unfounded speculation.....

"won't somebody think of the children"
That is funniest thing I have read here for a while, I award you 10 internet points.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

What's in a name... look :shock: i can do the same Han Rsol..........O
Thank you and good night !!!! my ego needs a rest .....ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz :roll:

Wow :?: Wait, I don't understand. Are you attempting a comeback? Look, it's trying to think. Dude, if your guitar playing is anything like your posts responses, you need to go practice. Move to Montana, get a horse, don't talk to anyone and go practice. I haven't heard any constructive comments or ANY comments besides my username. I'm not even sure what we disagreed about and that I find that the most puzzling. Maybe that's the part you really don't care about, just the back and forth. I'm sorry your parents argued...