More AZ footage pics

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Re: More AZ footage pics

Post by jasonmusicman »

Hi guys.
I just had another email back from bill.
I asked him could he share any info on what footage he had and this was his reply:
Hi Jason:

Thanks for replying and for being a Randy fan. he was such a great guitarist - underappreciated and a very amazing genious.

The Randy footage is being looked at for possible use from Sharon. I'm sorry I can't speak about it because I'm sworn to silence on the subject. But you know, whatever Sharon and Ozzy do , they will do it right. They are good people and just trust them.

Best Wishes,
Peace & Blessings,
Bill Shelley
Shelley Archives Inc

So i think its just a waiting game now. What it does tell me though is that on the video interview with sharon when she said she had footage in the archives i now believe it wasnt there archives, if it was they probably would have used it on tribute.
So unfortunately we are no where near to finding out what footage bill has but it does confirm that indeed sharon is looking at it and from his reply it definitely sounds like his footage not sharons.

Cheers.

Jas.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I'm sure it will be fantastic whatever it may be. Think positive thoughts everyone...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

That's pretty interesting and hopefully it turns out true. I think with all the attention and new photos coming out it really is just a matter of time, either way Ozzy had a massive cod piece!
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

And this is the AZ show?? Either way, Randy footage would make my year, even decade.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

This Could be Extra special if this guy actually had a large archive,like the one Lintball spoke of,I mean most would have to say that was Bullshit,but he Did Come up w/the Soundcheck & it was Amazing Quality!!!!(And Incomplete) IMHO.But he claimed that his Uncle or someone had about 6 or 7 shows.Mabey this guy had mutiple shows as I said he could have any number of given Venues in the area or even the NY Regonal area!
So we can only Guess & hope thatin that May 2010 Press conference when she said
"We have Two shows in the archive;& Another film of Randy"
Could this be the Two shows? or the "Mystery 3rd film",but I guess the first two are mysterys too??? Could the 3rd be the ET footage,the Documentary,the AZ footage,from the sounds even
if they did reach some kinda agreement w/Sharon I would only think that they would have to be "Sworn to secretcy" Too! ...Right?
I dont assume she would be refering to ET or Hopefully After Hours as a "Show".
To me I Honestly think that the Two shows are the Double bill at the Palladium,being that it was sorta Like Popping Ozzys Solo American Cherry,to two (way advanced) sold out shows nonetheless! Only seems Logical to film those
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Maybe it gets released on the 30 year anniversary of the Blizzard Invasion of '81?
Bongo Christ

Post by Bongo Christ »

Hello there, I discovered this site after searching for info about the 30th Anniversary Editions and must say am overwhelmed with the amount of knowledge and information members have, I've learnt so much more about unseen footage. However I felt the need to comment on these brothers (whom I had never heard of before I must admit). In my head they're like a couple of horrible Dickensian type characters, 2 ageing brothers living together in full knowledge that they are in possession of something that would bring untold joy to many, many thousands across the world yet they have decided to keep it to themselves for nigh on 30 years. Anyway, my point is and I apologise for any offence caused but with the release of 2 shows and the documentary only months away (I'm an optimist) I would like to tell them to stick their audio-less recording up their arse as we don't need it.
Thanks.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Ha ha ha.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Welcome Bingo!!!!!! I Take it your a True RR fan!
See guys he found us by trying to find info on the Anniversary Editions!!
There are Way Way more RR fans out there then are actie on theese boards!
This is mainly to the folks who think that only a couple thousand will buy the R Doc/Release whatever they may be.

But being that your new here,Im 31 & have been waiting since I was 6 for this & w/all the Delays (for lack of better words) I just hope this all comes out! But we were told last Jan from Ozz then in May told Nov FOR SURE!!! And still now no updates or release dates:(
I just hope that theese current Delays are due to Compiling EVERYTHING Deemable they can find!!!!! Ozz prob woulda released anything to coincide w/Tribute.that was when VHS Music
Concerts were in their Heyday,even if the audio wasnt up to par youd think they woulda used some clips for the Promo Videos ,PM Prob obtained something sold it & his share of the project to the Osbournes,which some say was his motive the whole time ,Echos of Kevin DuBrows
Reasons for decline:So I am glad about the shows!!!
The Doc While inevitably great....just wont be "True" it'll be one sided??? Oh well
we'll get the Concerts!!!
Mabey the Doc is holdin up Ozzys release??
They should Bury the Shit (I know easier said) Arange some agreement for "Peoples" Credits/royalties & past compinsation (I can dream)
But how awsome would it be since Everyone involved is still Alive & active
Bob,Lee,Max,Don, & of course Ozzy & Sharon------
Theese two records deserve a Classic Albums Treatment
Sorry went off there....Welcome...LOL
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Yea.. I been waiting since I was 8 years old!!!!!!!!! When I found out there was no great footage of Randy.... I waited... got After Hours.... then a void. They kept sayin they would release, but it never happened. The stuff was coming in November, but no it isn't until sometime in 2011, or so they say...
Lespauly
Cool Member

Post by Lespauly »

Why in the world would someone keep something like this to there selves?? Come on already and sell it to all of us for like 20 bucks a dvd..They could make a small fortune and bypass all the others like Sharon,Ozzy and the record co. Ozzy does not need any more money..
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

:wink:
Last edited by TAB on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

I don't think you know the legal system very well. If they sold it to us, and Sharon found out (Which believe me, she'd eventually find out) then they could easily get their asses sued.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Bongo Christ

Post by Bongo Christ »

Doesn't make sense to me TAB that Sharon seems to be in talks with the guy from NY, yet not only wasn't she prepared to enter negotiations with the Brothers but even went as far to threaten them with legal action if they were to release it themselves? Surely they would want all the footage they could get their hands on to release.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

You don't know the specifics of it all.

It's possible that the guy from NY offered Sharon a deal she felt was fair, whereas it's possible the brothers wanted more than Sharon was willing to spend on it, thus her claims of it being "Stolen" footage.

And don't forget, the NY show that we're guessing it is, is apparently pro shot, whereas the Arizona footage is amateur footage. The guy from NY most likely had some sort of permission to film it (Whether from Sharon, the record company, or whatever) making it not "illegal" at all.

The Arizona footage was filmed "illegally" because they were not given legal permission from ANYONE involved with the band's management.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.