jimmy jangle jewlery

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Re: The Phoenix Az footage THE REAL Story

Post by Cryptic Night »

As would I.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

That would be something if the "Brothers" somehow were contacted by the ..."Powers that Be"
for the rights & permission to use in part or Full he footage from the Arizona show. Isnt the story that they have Two films from the 82 Diary show??? One by Ozzy & one by Randy???
And the 81 Blizzard show too???I'd assume Arazona also??
As for not releasing it in respect to the Rhoads'? Its a silent Film (or films) Its not like its some Sub-Par bootleg that sounds awful & may not be the greatest way to represent Randy.
They are "PRICELESS" & One of a kind,Intimate performnce footage of Randy Interacting w/Ozzy & the Crowd!!!!!!!!! Its So Exciting to me,Afterhours was just in a Very small studio w/a few fans,not the Electric,Loud Energy Soaked experience of a Sold-Out Crowd.
Just to be able to watch Ozzy & Randys Chemistry Close-Up & Chrystal Clear is what I am excited for,
even if this was all the Video footage that surfaced w/no audio...its better than nothing.
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

I stopped regularly posting here back when I was still in High School because not having any new Randy stuff and the lagging of the documentary was making me depressed. Now that I know that there definitely is new footage that isn't being released I'm even more depressed.

Long Live Randy and may he rest in peace.
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Well, I'm a new member here, but I'll throw in my two cents worth anyway.

While this is fantastic news, that someone other than the Osbournes has footage of Randy, I don't think we'll see this, unless these "Brothers" are willing to share, or can fetch a hefty sum for the footage.

It really, really saddens me, as a Randy fan, how little there is of Randy in video form, and that people are sitting on it. As someone mentioned, it's completely within their rights, but it is disappointing nonetheless.

It makes me wonder also if these guys would sell the footage if the price was right...I don't know them and can't exactly make a moral comment on them, of course, but money usually talks in these situations.

Thanks TA for sharing this with us, though...I have found it interesting, but also sad. Sad that we may not see footage of of favorite guitar hero. And this may sound odd, but I'm fine with the fact that we may not see this, or other footage at all. Of course I hope that we do, but I honestly feel that it's not worth getting emotionally involved over, as we as fans have zero control over it. I think that, as different as this may sound, to quote an old cliche, "if you love something, let it go...if it loves you back (or is meant to be), it will return". In this case, I've let being a fan closely following the footage situation go, and resigned myself to the fact that if someone, ANYONE who has the clout to release Randy footage sees fit to let some see the light of day, it will be a great day. If they don't, well, we'll always have the music itself, won't we? I hope this makes sense, and people know what I mean!
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Someone ought to do that on some popular Rock N' Roll websites and Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter accounts. Someone should post something to ask anyone holding RR footage to show it to us. Just us " True Fans". How do you consider yourself a true fan, being part of this website, downloading audio from the audio selection, and posting things like this and saying Randy is God of guitars!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

very good post crf!!!axe it wont do one shit of good chasing or stalking people who may or may not have footage dude!!things will work themselves out in the end...this has nothing to do with fans it has to do with the contract randy signed and the so called rearranging of the such contract after randy died..not to mention the lawsuits and deleting bob and lees work on the original albums...it has to do with all those legalities and people looking to make sure they get paid for thier work,be it ozzy sharon bob lee and whoever else was and still involved in this mess!!its not about the fans its about the paperwork man...let it ride and see what happens.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

better be out soon.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

it wont kid so hang on for the ride or jump off!!!!!
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

I'll hang for the ride :oops: :roll: :cry:
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

imagine 29 years!!this will be a walk in the park dude!!!!
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

Tito wrote:imagine 29 years!!this will be a walk in the park dude!!!!

Haha very true, I've been waiting for about 6 years now so I couldn't imagine 26 years! I'm sure SOMETHING will come out eventually and when it does it'll be awesome
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

YAY! I love the park, lol
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

orion_damage wrote:
Tito wrote:imagine 29 years!!this will be a walk in the park dude!!!!

Haha very true, I've been waiting for about 6 years now so I couldn't imagine 26 years! I'm sure SOMETHING will come out eventually and when it does it'll be awesome
:D
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Tito wrote:very good post crf!!!axe it wont do one shit of good chasing or stalking people who may or may not have footage dude!!things will work themselves out in the end...this has nothing to do with fans it has to do with the contract randy signed and the so called rearranging of the such contract after randy died..not to mention the lawsuits and deleting bob and lees work on the original albums...it has to do with all those legalities and people looking to make sure they get paid for thier work,be it ozzy sharon bob lee and whoever else was and still involved in this mess!!its not about the fans its about the paperwork man...let it ride and see what happens.
Thanks, Tito! :D

None of us knows for sure about the whole contract thing, but if indeed it did happen with Randy's contract, that's deplorable. I just hope, like everyone else, the footage gets out there. The man's legacy and honoring his musical contributions should supercede this whole mess, but it never does...because let's be honest, everyone who is seeing dollar signs will ultimately get their monetary chunk of things if and when footage is released. If there's one thing to be sure of, it'll be that.

Until that time, I'll sit back and wait like everyone else, and hope for the best.