Tribute Album

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

cowboys1

Tribute Album

Post by cowboys1 »

I was planning on buying the Randy Rhoads tribute album on ebay and saw that some of the records come with a poster and some do not. Can anyone please tell me what poster comes with the album?
DMRX
Mass Poster

Re: Tribute Album

Post by DMRX »

The Original US release of Tribute as well as internationaly (as far as I know) Just is Two records w/a Gatefold cover & each record inner sleeve has the Collage of pictures (as in the CD book).It wasnt released w/a poster unless mabey some of the 12" Crazy Train Live singles may have had a poster w/it.I believe some countrys releases dont have the gatefold ,but no Poster as far as I know.You may be confusing it w/the Original UK press of Blizzard???That came w/a poster of the (Original) Band w/it.I actually have a copy but No Poster:(
Heres a Pic of mine & its the same as everyone Ive seen

ImageImage
Except this one from YugoSlavia
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Mine dosnt have a poster either, crazy train or the album, one of my uncles got a nice big poster of the cover from a sitar mag, cant remember which one.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

cowboys1 wrote:I was planning on buying the Randy Rhoads tribute album on ebay and saw that some of the records come with a poster and some do not. Can anyone please tell me what poster comes with the album?
The later editions of the Epic CBS Tribute album was made as a double album package. But without the fold out gatefold sleeve. They have 'DOUBLE ALBUM SET' wrote across the right hand corner. The pics which appeared on the earlier gatefold edition are the very same as the inserted poster. These had a sticker on the front mentioning the poster and that it was a limited edition. But i have bought quite a few in job lots and they all have the poster inside. This may have been a UK issue only. So if you do by one on ebay be sure to ask the seller as they are some times missing. See how this one below has a sticker and the next one you can see how the sticker was removed.
Attachments
RR Tribute album 1987 - 2.jpg
RR Tribute album 1987.jpg
cowboys1

Post by cowboys1 »

Thank you all so much for your help....Makes buying the record off ebay a little easier....Thanks
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi cowboys1, are you in the UK or USA etc ?. As you'll find the Tribute album with the poster is seen more at ebay.co.uk then ebay.com you should be able to pick it up for $12.00 = £5.00