Just wanted to share this

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mauk 1

Just wanted to share this

Post by mauk 1 »

I had Tickets to see Randy/Ozzy in Kansas City at Municipal Auditorium in 1981..
My Older brother ( and yes his real name is Randy also) was taking me..I was 13-14 years old..
My mother caught wind of Ozzy's Bat head biting , and laid the hammer down and forbid me to be able to go...I believe that show was In November 1981... and we all know what happened 4 months later....

I was devestated..I still have my unused tickets safe at my mothers house locked up..

And this is the ironic part..

A few weeks ago,, My father ( 70 years old) was wanting to reside part of they're house... None of the contractors were free to do it.....
I have been online and seen that Ozzy was coming to K.C. this January..
last, and only time I got to see him was the Ultimate Sin tour w/Jake...
I get a phone call from my mother asking if I would help him because if she did ,,WWIII would break out... :D
(It was my once a month, 4 day weekend coming up..So I had free time to help)
She said that she would be glad to pay me...I refused payment,,,But I did agree to help,if I could use her Credit card and order these Ozz tickets I found..and I would pay her for them....she agreed,, and It was a deal...
The next day I went to work ..( I work midnight to eight a.m.) and after ,went over to they're house to do this job that was only going to take a couple hours...
9 hours later we were finished... :roll: :lol:
My father was overjoyed at the job I did for them ,, he couldnt thank me enough...
They were going to knock off some money of the price of the tickets as a payment for doing the job...instead they bought the tickets for me..(Mom always remebers that 1981 concert I didnt get to go to, and my love for Randy still to this day)
So I guess this is her way of making it up to me after all this time..
I know Randy wont be onstage this time....But The man that plucked him out of L.A. and showcased him around the world will be... and guess what...
Ill be on the floor,, 12 rows from the stage..... :D

So I guess its Ironic...she wouldnt let me go to the One show,,,,But Ends up Buying me 12th row tickets for this one...... :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Whipper
Cool Member

Re: Just wanted to share this

Post by Whipper »

Good story! Hope you have a great time at the show!!

Do you think it's possible she feels guilty enough to spring for the 'Meet & Greet' package too, that's going for $1,000? :wink:
Ric

mauk 1

Post by mauk 1 »

Im lucky she spent over $300 for these (2 tickets)...but that would be an awsome,lifetime experience ....
ImageImage
slobberface

Post by slobberface »

Interesting story, sorry you couldn't see Randy! I'm seeing Ozzy Jan. 28th here in Vegas..Though i'm not a huge fan of Gus G it should still be a great show 8)
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

The bat biting didn't take place until Jan '82 Des Moines, Iowa (she could of heard of the dove biting at CBS). Your show was before that, supposedly Nov '81 which was during the UK diary tour which got postponed due to Ozzy's sickness. Kansas City had some dates earlier '81 and probably later '82. What is ironic is that you still talk to your parents after missing the Randy show. That show might of changed your life. You seem like you are still 13 with, "My mom bought me tickets to see Ozzy!" AND They're means they are, not their (was wanting to reside part of they're house). And what the hell does that mean? Have fun watching Ozzy get through the set ASAP, littered with "I love you", "Smoke them joints" and "Clap those hands". That was the difference between Ozzy and Randy. Randy loved to play and lived for the moment. Ozzy just wanted to get through the gig. He would phone it in if he could. His crappy voice on most of the bootlegs demonstrate this.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

I'm seeing him on december 3rd at the Izod center