Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: If Randy were still alive...

Post by Trigger »

Kixy wrote:Also, Trigger, nice signature, I love that song :) David Bowie <3
I am glad you like it, its a fantastic song one of Bowies best and maybe even one of the best rock tunes ever written 8) I thought nobody would ever recognise it, glad to have another Bowie fan on site.

PS, if I could have seen Randy play guitar in Bowies band it would have been
Heaven on Earth :wink: 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

Cryptic Night wrote:
sik_kreations wrote:i think he would have kept playing with ozzy a little longer, quit, went to school, got the degree, played with quiet riot some more. then kept teaching at musonia. and possibly joined another band.
Hate to burst your bubble there, but I really don't think he wouldn't have played with Quiet Riot. At least, he wouldn't have made any albums with them. Kevin showed him the demos for Metal Health, and Randy said it was "just noise" Quiet Riot was more of a glam band, and Randy wasn't really into that. (As far as I know)

He would have stayed with Ozzy for 1 more studio album and the live album that was supposed to be. That's because of legal reasons, not because he wanted to. In fact, Randy had been apparently trying to get out of his contract so he could leave as soon as possible. He really wanted nothing to do with the circus Ozzy was putting on.

As far as most here know, Randy was going to leave Ozzy's band as soon as possible, go to school, get his degree, and maybe make classical guitar albums in a studio. Anything else is purely speculation.

hate to burst ur bubble, but i didnt say, record an album with quiet riot, i said play, just like he came back on break and played with riot again. everything he could have done if he didnt pass is all "speculation".
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

sik_kreations wrote:hate to burst ur bubble, but i didnt say, record an album with quiet riot, i said play, just like he came back on break and played with riot again. everything he could have done if he didnt pass is all "speculation".
Quiet Riot was going to be hitting it big. I don't think the fact that Randy passed away somehow made Metal Health a number 1 album, so with that knowledge, Quiet Riot would have been a famous band with someone else. Randy wouldn't have been playing with them because if he would have, it would most likely have been just for some bar show or something. (Like the Whiskey A Go-Go) And as we know, Quiet Riot would have been too big for some bar show. It's possible he would have played some reunion shows before they released Metal Health, but I don't think he would have afterwards.

And, it's not really speculation to say what Randy was going to do. We know for a fact he wanted out of Ozzy's band, he wanted to go to college (UCLA) to get his classical degree, and we know he would have made a live album with Ozzy and most likely he would have made another studio album with him. Only thing that would have changed that is if Randy found a legal way out of his contract with Ozzy, in which case he would have just said goodbye to Ozzy and the band and just go to college.

So, not everything is necessarily speculation because we know for a fact that Randy wanted to do it. How long it would have taken him to do these things would be purely speculation, but we know for a fact that he would have done them eventually.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

In the trailer did Carlos Cavazo not mention something about ' If Randy hadn't of died you'd be out of a job'. Which could of been said in a nasty manner to him from a fan. Or was Randy promised his old job back if he left the Ozzy 'circus'. I know after his death all the guitarist who filled his shoes had some kind of slagging or 'not worthy' approach from some fans. But this could of been a project he could of done without any problem as he never officially left QR. Kevin pushed him into joining Ozzy.
Kixy

Post by Kixy »

Trigger wrote:
Kixy wrote:Also, Trigger, nice signature, I love that song :) David Bowie <3
I am glad you like it, its a fantastic song one of Bowies best and maybe even one of the best rock tunes ever written 8) I thought nobody would ever recognise it, glad to have another Bowie fan on site.

PS, if I could have seen Randy play guitar in Bowies band it would have been
Heaven on Earth :wink: 8)
:D I agree Time is a beautiful song I'm glad to meet another Bowie too :), and wow David Bowie and Randy on the same stage, I think I'd pass out haha, it would have been cool enough seeing Bowie with Mick Ronson, but with Randy, wow. We can dream lol.
Destiny B

Post by Destiny B »

Speaking of Quiet Riot, I heard the singer is dead? is that true? I haven't really heard any new stuff from them or any talk about them besides like on this site and other websites i get on to listen to them. Is this because the singer is dead, or are they broke up? Totally confused :) lol
"I Love my rainbow family...we're like a pack of skittles."
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Destiny B wrote:Speaking of Quiet Riot, I heard the singer is dead? is that true? I haven't really heard any new stuff from them or any talk about them besides like on this site and other websites i get on to listen to them. Is this because the singer is dead, or are they broke up? Totally confused :) lol
Kev died in 2007 from Natural Causes in his Hotel Room. It's very sad.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

no kevin died in his house from an accidental cocaine overdose..
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

oh... I heard that he died from natural causes in a hotel room... I'll have to look into that a bit more.
Destiny B

Post by Destiny B »

that is sad. how old was he?
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

He was 52 years old.
Destiny B

Post by Destiny B »

oh...alright lol for some reason i thought he was older
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Nah. He died too young. He should've lived for another 20 years lol. Why must the good die young. Now, the only original members of QR are Sarzo, Garni, and Forsythe... Kinda sucks that they are the only people who " Really Know about Randy" since he was a kid.
Destiny B

Post by Destiny B »

true. i think people should at least get to live to be at least 90.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

yea. He was taken 40 years before that unfortunately.