Unreleased studio cuts from Blizzard broadcast?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Unreleased studio cuts from Blizzard broadcast?

Post by whoopiecat »

A forum member on black-sabbath.com posted something about a local radio show in PA doing some sort of tribute regarding the 30th anniv of BOO.
I also found this while reading his reply:

http://envisionradio.com/pressreleases/?p=617

The Rockin’ 80’s host Zander will play the album that jump-started Ozzy’s career in the ‘80s song by song, as well as exclusive bonus cuts, including unreleased versions of songs from the recording sessions, live tracks from the Blizzard of Ozz tour in ’81, and audio from “The Prince of Darkness” himself.

Original post:
http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33699

I'm at work, (not working!), and am unable to persue the envision radio thing further. The first link states that the whole Blizzard show they did will be available for download through Monday the 6th.

The live/unreleased studio stuff can't be from the forthcoming Legacy release, can it? Doesn't seem possible....

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Re: Unreleased studio cuts from Blizzard broadcast?

Post by cableguyxx »

whoopiecat wrote:A forum member on black-sabbath.com posted something about a local radio show in PA doing some sort of tribute regarding the 30th anniv of BOO.
I also found this while reading his reply:

http://envisionradio.com/pressreleases/?p=617

The Rockin’ 80’s host Zander will play the album that jump-started Ozzy’s career in the ‘80s song by song, as well as exclusive bonus cuts, including unreleased versions of songs from the recording sessions, live tracks from the Blizzard of Ozz tour in ’81, and audio from “The Prince of Darkness” himself.

Original post:
http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33699

I'm at work, (not working!), and am unable to persue the envision radio thing further. The first link states that the whole Blizzard show they did will be available for download through Monday the 6th.

The live/unreleased studio stuff can't be from the forthcoming Legacy release, can it? Doesn't seem possible....

T.

September 20th officially marks the 30th anniversary of the release in the U.K.
of OZZY OSBOURNE'S solo debut, 'Blizzard Of Ozz'. We mark this monmentous occasion with our '30 Years Of Blizzard Of Ozz' radio special! We'll track the album start to finish, including the original recording of a bonus track recorded during these sessions, and hear from OZZY and others about their recollections of this important time in OZZY's career. Then, we'll play some select tracks from a summer of '81 performance on the 'Blizzard Of Ozz' tour in North America.
Sounds like You looking at Me + some live stuff from the summer of 81, which would include the show from Montreal, which was King Biscuit. That would be my guess. A nice surprise for a casual listener, but for us.... :?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Thanks for clarifying, D 8)

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Has anybody heard this to Confirm what exactly was played???? I am curious if there was anything "New" or if they just played those Couple alternate takes from Blizzard???
No1UNo
Cool Member

Post by No1UNo »

I haven't heard this broadcast, but I expect a couple of bonus tracks from Blizzard - beyond the remixes of You Looking At Me Looking At You to be alternate mixes of No Bone Movies and Steal Away The Night.

I'm sure others here have heard them - the original version of NBM contains audio of a woman moaning and talking (during sex) during the outro while Ozzy scat sings; SATN includes a 1-2-3-4 count in by Lee Kerslake with a guitar-heavy mix.

Any other potential bonus material that anyone is aware of?