RR Custom Gibson Reproduction Release

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Re: RR Custom Gibson Reproduction Release

Post by Axeman1956 »

Yea. It will be expensive unfortunately.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

I like the fact that Gibson is recognizing him and getting his name out there. I'm sure it will be a NOS guitar, not a relic with all the little scratches and such in it. If it were me, I'd probably just go find an actual white '74 and make the changes to it myself. It's not like it was a heavily modified guitar in the first place.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

NoQuattro wrote:I like the fact that Gibson is recognizing him and getting his name out there. I'm sure it will be a NOS guitar, not a relic with all the little scratches and such in it. If it were me, I'd probably just go find an actual white '74 and make the changes to it myself. It's not like it was a heavily modified guitar in the first place.
Yea. Instead of paying an extra 3k because of some different paint finish, you can go pay at max 200 dollars for someone to paint it for you. If they are your friend, they'll probably do it free lol.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

8)
For those who really want to have one, have a little patient and buy one after a year or so when the price lowers a bit. To be honest I'm more interested in the booklet (hopefully some new pics, info etc. :) ) that probably comes along with.
Also I see brand new 1959RR amps popping up here regularly for even less than a standard Marshall 1959RI amp. :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Yea, that's if it's not a limited edition.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

NoQuattro wrote:I like the fact that Gibson is recognizing him and getting his name out there. I'm sure it will be a NOS guitar, not a relic with all the little scratches and such in it. If it were me, I'd probably just go find an actual white '74 and make the changes to it myself. It's not like it was a heavily modified guitar in the first place.
I agree 100 percent with this post. I'd love to have a '74 custom, even if it wasnt white. But I have to admit white would make me want it even more. I cant see paying through the nose for this.

I dont have any of Randy's guitars, or the 1959 RR, but in this one case I WOULD like to own one, as a subtle tribute.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Yea. I own a few guitars. 1 fender and 2 gibsons. I just don't have enough money to afford all that Randy Rhoads stuff. The Amp is 4.5k, and I'm sure his signature models go for 4-5k +
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Axeman1956 wrote:Yea. I own a few guitars. 1 fender and 2 gibsons. I just don't have enough money to afford all that Randy Rhoads stuff. The Amp is 4.5k, and I'm sure his signature models go for 4-5k +

My thing is, I am NOT Randy. If I had money to burn, sure, I'd probably grab all the tribute stuff. But not to play and use. Well, maybe the 1959RR. I'd buy the stuff to hang on the wall IF I could afford it. I feel like the white custom, though, is subtle enough that I know what it is, and another Rhoads freak would see it and immediately think the same thing, and we'd probably smirk at each other knowingly. I'd still play it though without felling like I was trying to rip Randy off. Im not saying that anyone that has tribute guitars is doing that, I think the guys around here that have all the guitars is cool as hell, like I said I would probably do the same if I could easily afford it.I just personally would feel weird about it. But as the situation stands, realistically, I'd just love to have the LP. I'd like just as much to have the Concorde, but I wouldnt feel right playing it all the time.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

This is all you need .. nice price , nice vibe
http://www.elderly.com/vintage/names/gi ... -16381.htm
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Ritchie wrote:This is all you need .. nice price , nice vibe
http://www.elderly.com/vintage/names/gi ... -16381.htm
Still, the white one is 1.3k. This one is 2.5k. I mean, yea, I can afford this one you showed us, but it's only got a different finish. I love Randy, but there's no reason to spend extra $$$ for a different paint finish.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Well if you just want a white gibson then you can buy a studio for like 800$....

but that one for 2.5 has had a fretjob.... (just me being nit picky :)
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

it's mighty nice though. Both models are
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

wareagle wrote:Well if you just want a white gibson then you can buy a studio for like 800$....

LOL how long do you thinks frets will last ? the guitar is 36 yrs old !
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Ritchie wrote:
wareagle wrote:Well if you just want a white gibson then you can buy a studio for like 800$....

LOL how long do you thinks frets will last ? the guitar is 36 yrs old !
Good point. I wonder how old that guitar they're selling is. If it's one that is old, the fretjob wont last long at all
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

exactly, also shows heavy use....