What would you ask Ozzy? I may be able to have it answered.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: What would you ask Ozzy? I may be able to have it answer

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I recently heard Jack Osbourne talking about the Ozzy film he's making based on the 'I Am Ozzy' biography. This is nearly 3 years in the making come November. Is this film nearing completion and does he have any ideas on when it will be released ?. Try to get him to talk about the film and he may let us know who is playing the different characters i.e Ozzy and RR. any cameo appearences on his behalf.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I recently heard Jack Osbourne talking about the Ozzy film he's making based on the 'I Am Ozzy' biography. This is nearly 3 years in the making come November. Is this film nearing completion and does he have any ideas on when it will be released ?. Try to get him to talk about the film and he may let us know who is playing the different characters i.e Ozzy and RR. any cameo appearences on his behalf.
I believe Jack Osbourne is working on a serious documentary on OZZY to erase the stain of The Osbournes TV show.
Sharon mentioned the movie based on Ozzy's book as being something else entirely...
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

So, the documentary that was to be included with the Rhoads box and Jack's film are two different animals?
Very curious as to what this is, (no, not the Dakota doc!), though like I said before...the Ozzy camp has historically been famous for turning out a like product to be competetive.
I was always under the impression Jack's film was to be a doc itself, not like the Doors film, (thank goodness!).

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Well the info i got was from an interview last week when Jack Osbourne was interviewed during the itunes festival last month. He mentioned quote the 'film based on the I Am Ozzy autobiography'. That it is coming up for nearly 3 years in the making come this November. If you remember when Ozzy was interviewed on the 'Later with Jools' BBC programme they joked about who would play Ozzy. So i'm thinking that Jack is involved with a film not a docu. If he is doing a docu film aswell great news but with Ozzy being involved in the Ozzfest etc how would he find time to be doing this aswell ?.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Good points, Shaun. I was going with the doc theory based on the trailer that was posted a year ago, when the working title of 'John' was dropped in favor of 'Wreckage of My Past':
http://vimeo.com/4621976
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I totaly forgot about that docu and its due out sometime this year. That looks more like a video diary or possibley a history of Ozzy from Black Sabbath to now ?. We are just like mushrooms mate left in the dark and fed full of shit :wink: What do we know ???
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

I sent her some of the questions from this thread, guys. She has a list of 11 possible questions, and she thinks she might get to ask a total of 2. Possibly just one, so again, no guarantees. But she just might, one of the questions on her list is about the upcoming footage. I'll get all the info I can from her after the interview and post it.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ace is this interview being done in the UK or USA ?. You said this is for a Newspaper ? Which one will it appear in ?. Cheers for doing this and hopefully we'll get some answers we've been waiting for. :wink:
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Ace is this interview being done in the UK or USA ?. You said this is for a Newspaper ? Which one will it appear in ?. Cheers for doing this and hopefully we'll get some answers we've been waiting for. :wink:
USA. Well, the paper is based here in the USA, I have no idea where Ozzy is right now, it's a phone interview like I said. She said the article is for Ozzfest, it should be out next week but I dont see why she wouldnt be able to get me a transcript as soon as she is done.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Just a quick update, she DID ask him about the DVD. I dont know how she phrased it but she will have a transcript tomorrow. She told me "dont get too excited, he gave a bizarre half-ass answer". No shocker, coming from Ozzy I suppose. I will let you guys know as soon as she tells me. Im just glad she was able to ask him. She told me this over text so that's all I know right now.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

AceVader

cheers!
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

AceVader wrote:Just a quick update, she DID ask him about the DVD. I dont know how she phrased it but she will have a transcript tomorrow. She told me "dont get too excited, he gave a bizarre half-ass answer". No shocker, coming from Ozzy I suppose. I will let you guys know as soon as she tells me. Im just glad she was able to ask him. She told me this over text so that's all I know right now.
Really no offense (And thanks for doing this by the way!) but it was kind of a stupid thing to waste that question on Ozzy. He's given us all the information that he's going to give us. The rest is probably going to be a surprise. So it really doesn't surprise me that Ozzy gave a "half-assed" answer.

Not saying the question I asked was more important to ask or anything, but asking something like "What date is it going to be released, what's on it" is pointless. They've given us the info they WANT to give us, and that's that. If there was more info that they WANTED to give us, they would have. Simple as that.

Thanks for trying though. And welcome to the forums!
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Thanks, Ace... I appreciate the effort 8)

T.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Some great questions posted there, at this moment in time they are the sort of questions I'd ask, but I bet all you'd get from him is "You'd have to speak to Sharon about that, fuck all to do with me" Or words to that effect.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Fozzy41 wrote:Some great questions posted there, at this moment in time they are the sort of questions I'd ask, but I bet all you'd get from him is "You'd have to speak to Sharon about that, fuck all to do with me" Or words to that effect.
That may be exactly what he said. As mentioned above, she said he gave a "bizarre, half-ass answer". I cant get a hold of her to find out exactly what that was, hopefully some point today I will get the exact words that he used.