Great News

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: Great News

Post by Shockwave »

Alright, I think I am done with this thread. I think we picked 3 or 4 sentences from Sharon to death. When you look into something this much you get different meanings than what the most simplest explanation is.

The simple explanation...

There are 2 full shows, they are both done on equipment that required real changes about every 20 minutes.

There is a 3rd film...

Thats it, You cant possibly get out of that that one of them is 13 minutes of palladium, it contradicts everything that was said...

This is going to be a fun 6 months of arguing :D :D :D
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Isn't that all we ever do on these sites???? Haha
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I just bought my Ozzfest tickets!

Im 31, Never saw him yet. Bought 2 tickets one for me and one for my 11yr old son. Hopefully he can get in? I am not sure if there is a age restriction???
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Solos wrote:Guys, don't get your hopes up.... I knew this was gonna happen. Damn it!!!

Straight from the horses mouth. Seems like a cool cat though... At least he got something!

Re: Randy Rhoads Palladium footage
Re: Randy Rhoads Palladium footage Nope, thats it. Just 13min.
In '81 I was a HUGE Motorhead fan so I saved all my film for them and only had 13min of film left for Ozzy. Sound, color 8mm film was really expensive in 1981.

You have to understand in 1981 Ozzy was not a huge solo artist and Randy was unknown. Motorhead was huge even though they were the opening act. I kick myself a lot for not splitting the footage evenly between the two bands. Otherwise I'd have had about 35min of Ozzy instead of 13min.

The ONLY reason the Palladium footage is out there is because someone in Ozzy's camp starting selling copies to collectors in the mid 90's. I gave it to Sharon & Ozzy in 1989 here in NYC during the "No Rest for the Wicked" tour. Until then no one outside my friends had seen it - and even then they had to come to my house when I set up the 8mm projector. I had it transferred to VHS in 1988.

Glad the world is enjoying it though. I recently had the footage re-transferred to digital and cleaned up a bit. Looks great.
(block user)
(mark as spam) ReplyDelete
So that 13 minutes Palladium we've seen for years comes from a pro-shot source? I really doubt it. I'm sure the original tape will be much better quality, but hence the shaking of the camera, the way it zooms in and out, that can't be pro-shot. With all respect but it's filmed by an amateur. Who maybe wants some attention now.

Of course it would be nice if we can see a better quality tape of that, but it can't be the pro-shot palladium Ozzy was talking about. That 13 minutes is not pro-shot....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Solos

Post by Solos »

The Flying Dutchman wrote: So that 13 minutes Palladium we've seen for years comes from a pro-shot source? I really doubt it. I'm sure the original tape will be much better quality, but hence the shaking of the camera, the way it zooms in and out, that can't be pro-shot. With all respect but it's filmed by an amateur. Who maybe wants some attention now.

Of course it would be nice if we can see a better quality tape of that, but it can't be the pro-shot palladium Ozzy was talking about. That 13 minutes is not pro-shot....

The O's said back in January that they "found" a clip of Ozzy and Randy playing together in an early show shot in New York. The source of the bootleg claims to have given Sharon a cleaned up copy of it during the taping of The Apprentice, which would've been around that time. The only show that the O's have discussed publicly is a show from New York, making it sound like the NY Palladium bootleg is the centerpiece of the three "films" they have.

I guess most people don't want to believe it, or don't understand marketing 101... its all about the hype. If Sharon were to say "We are going to release a cleaned up version of the Palladium show, the (insert another bootleg we've most likely already seen), and an official release of After Hours" then this boxed set wouldn't get as much hype. Of course they are going to be a bit mysterious about exactly what they have. It is pretty obvious to me... I'm sure I'll still buy it anyway though. The rerelease of the original BOO and Diary are reason enough. My original CD versions have been kept in safe keeping since 2002, so it would be nice to get new copies.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Somebody's a Debbie Downer..... Haha
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

They don't mention show names cause the only people that care which show it was are diehard fans. To the general public and most musicians it's just a ozzy show with randy. Who cares where it was played, its a couple shows. We are the only ones discussing this.

Solos wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote: So that 13 minutes Palladium we've seen for years comes from a pro-shot source? I really doubt it. I'm sure the original tape will be much better quality, but hence the shaking of the camera, the way it zooms in and out, that can't be pro-shot. With all respect but it's filmed by an amateur. Who maybe wants some attention now.

The O's said back in January that they "found" a clip of Ozzy and Randy playing together in an early show shot in New York. The source of the bootleg claims to have given Sharon a cleaned up copy of it during the taping of The Apprentice, which would've been around that time. The only show that the O's have discussed publicly is a show from New York, making it sound like the NY Palladium bootleg is the centerpiece of the three "films" they have.

I guess most people don't want to believe it, or don't understand marketing 101... its all about the hype. If Sharon were to say "We are going to release a cleaned up version of the Palladium show, the (insert another bootleg we've most likely already seen), and an official release of After Hours" then this boxed set wouldn't get as much hype. Of course they are going to be a bit mysterious about exactly what they have. It is pretty obvious to me... I'm sure I'll still buy it anyway though. The rerelease of the original BOO and Diary are reason enough. My original CD versions have been kept in safe keeping since 2002, so it would be nice to get new copies.
[/quote]
Solos

Post by Solos »

And no, I'm not trying to be "Debbie Downer". I just think alot of you guys are getting your hopes up and are going to be disappointed. I was one of them... ;) It is fun to talk about the possibilities though and I understand that. I don't want to get in the way of that if my posts are upsetting anybody.

Say what you will about Sharon, but you cannot argue the fact that she knows how to make money. Creating a bit of hype is just one way to do that. If they had a full, proshot Diary show for example, you can bet that she would be talking about it.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

i want to wish sharon the best!but as you are saying we dont know what we are going to get..anything new for me is fine.....but im just as excited and skeptical as everyone else so we'll see!!i still want to lick sharon and ozzy's mouth for this new announcement!!!!!lets see what happens!!!its only 6 months away!!!!much better than 28 years!!we can do this guys!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Solos

Post by Solos »

That's the thing... IMO, when this box set come out in November, that's it. If nothing new surfaces it is safe to assume that there isn't anymore, unless it is a bootleg stashed away in someone's closet. I would imagine that the O's contacted all the possible "pro" sources when this latest RR project was undertaken.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

You know, I think this footage to be released by the O's is "plan B" for the failing with the doc. It's obvious the Rhoads don't want the doc come out. It slowly fades away already.... Instead they finally gave their blessings to the O's to release something. I'm also sure that the Rhoads are informed well before they made the announcement in public. And if it went that way there is no way we will see some 'crappy' footage, otherwise the Rhoads would never go along to have it released. :wink: I think the O's will do a fine job!

*the third/second show could be the St Louis may 22nd '81 show, just a couple days after Cleveland, the band was in great shape then!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

I wonder if Wreckage of My Past will be one of the films included. Patience ... it will be released soon. Thanksgiving will be here faster than you think. :)

The website for Wreckage is down ... says the site has expired. There's no new info on The Internet Movie Data Base, except the release date is 2010: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1293839/
funk49

Post by funk49 »

Well here's my two cents worth. I have some pro shot footage of Foghat from 1978 which was shot at the NY Palladium. The quality of the film is awesome with three camara angles one camara from in front of the stage maybe from a balcony and one on each side of the stage with close ups. If one of the concerts is from the Palladium I don't expect to be dissappointed at all. I also think one of the films will be a full Diary show since they are re-releasing the two albums it only make since to release a concert tour of each album to compliment the package. I also would not be surprised if the third film is with Bob and Lee from the 1980 UK tour. I think it would be cool if they released some complete pro audio shows from each concert tour too.
Funk
FUNK49
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I elect we don't all wish our lives away too; there is a nice summer to enjoy, good friends and lots of other stuff going on like the World Cup!

When it comes it comes in my opinion 8)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I do agree that that it will be one show from the blizzard tour and one from the diary tour to compliment each album. I was reading through the thread in off topic about wyldeones passing away and in one of his old post from january he got to meet ozzy and asked him about the footage. He said ozzy said the ny footage WAS multi camera and pro shot.