Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Simple solution...

Bob gives ozzy the tapes

Ozzy gives bob royalties...
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1nice one shock!!!!!
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

That's how you WANT it. This is how that idea would go though:

Bob gives Ozzy the tapes, Ozzy cuts Bob's parts off and re-records them, he makes money while Bob bitches about it (Bob has the right to, just like about BOO and DOAM)

Ozzy gets all the royalties for it.
hahahahaha
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Ohhh if it were so easy??I wish!!But I bet there are Both shitty sounding practices like Suicide Jam,but I bet he has alternate takes of everything from the two albums ,& Id assume alot of it is instrumental versions before Ozzy put Vox on or different lyrics ect..ect..ect...DIFFERENT SOLOS!!!!
But I dont think he has any multi tracks that he could just "Remove Ozzys Vox" God the possibilites of what he could have keepp me up at night & have for years before this announcement he had made Years ago he had said he had numerous tapes Ive been waiting since then.
Someday,I am just glad in knowing that the measures were taken & the Tapes DO EXSIST & HAVE BEEN TRANSFERED for Prosperity!!
tHANK GOD FOR THAT.It really couldnt have costed too much for those tapes to be transfered Professionally and preserved.In the big picture even if it cost 10,000$ that wouldve been worth it & I am positive it wasnt even near that much prob less than 1000.Unless he had HOURS &HOURS &HOURS then it could be expensive.I would guess that he has between 12-25 tapes varying in length.Thats just my Guess/Wish.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Nic, not all that surround Randy's memory are douchebags. Keep the faith my dear ! :wink: :fish:
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
hansolo wrote:Burn those recordings now Bob, they are evil! That would solve the problem! You can't be tortured by recordings if they no longer exists (pulls a gun out and shoots self)...
They are Bob's and none of us has a right to them. He owes us nothing.

Randy, by the way, never sat around idolizing and wishing to here more from some guitar player, he practiced and created his own music. If you really like what you've heard of Randy's playing, use it as inspiration, spend all available time learning theory and technique, and go create music.

That's how to honor Randy Rhoads' memory.
Hi Paul.

I absolutely agree that the recordings are Bob's, that he owes Randy fans nothing, and that he should do with them as he pleases.

I however, sincerely doubt that Randy fans have somehow managed to sour the memories of a man who knew Randy; these boards can be exceptionally toxic, dumb places, at times, but in the grand scheme of things, they are fairly insignificant- these boards don't have, and shouldn't have, a whole lot of influence. Furthermore, if Bob wants to release the material, be it for monetary gain, or some feeling that they are important to rock history, that is his prerogative. I would certainly buy it if released: Randy is one of my favorite players to listen to, and anything I haven't heard I'm interested in hearing, particularly things that didn't make albums- its nice to remember he was human too, sometimes.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I agree 100%, if Bob Daisley decided to release this stuff, I'd love to hear it. It's the 'fans' who "insist" and beg and talk like they "deserve" to hear these things that bother me.

As for the fans influencing his memories, remember, Peter Margolis claimed to be a fan (and former student) and he's soured a lot of people. Not to mention that a lot of people on these boards feel it's their right to email Bob and bother him with questions all the time.

It just seems to me that this 'community' as a whole gets out of line a LOT by acting as if someone 'owes' them footage or recordings or pictures... personally, if I were Sharon Osbourne, I wouldn't give Randy's fans a damn thing based on the way she's talked about at these sites.

Just an opinion, and not an important one at that.
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I agree 100%, if Bob Daisley decided to release this stuff, I'd love to hear it. It's the 'fans' who "insist" and beg and talk like they "deserve" to hear these things that bother me.

As for the fans influencing his memories, remember, Peter Margolis claimed to be a fan (and former student) and he's soured a lot of people. Not to mention that a lot of people on these boards feel it's their right to email Bob and bother him with questions all the time.

It just seems to me that this 'community' as a whole gets out of line a LOT by acting as if someone 'owes' them footage or recordings or pictures... personally, if I were Sharon Osbourne, I wouldn't give Randy's fans a damn thing based on the way she's talked about at these sites.

I totally agree paul, People are always moaning about not get this or that, its never enough to know theres things on the horizon they just have to push and push. As others have said we have waited nearly 30 years for stuff to surface a few more months or years aint gonna matter as long as we get something in the end.

jas
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I agree 100%, if Bob Daisley decided to release this stuff, I'd love to hear it. It's the 'fans' who "insist" and beg and talk like they "deserve" to hear these things that bother me.

I don't think she plans on 'giving' anything :lol:

-Nor should she. They have every right to sell that stuff, and sometimes the O's get a bumwrap for their business savvy.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

What has Sharon said about these sites???

And I have emailed Bob a couple times and he has never seemed mad or anything. I never really asked about Randy, it was about something else (Related to Randy, but not directly about Randy)
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

I Agree with solo. Advertise them Us RR fans will know what they are. charge for them Hold out untill say 500 units or more are sold then ship to all who bought them.. HELL EVEN IF ITS JUST 45 min. of demos. or getting the songs going. alternate takes we would buy!! the reason for holding until a certain amount are sold is if he sent a copy to the 1st person who bought it would be everywhere leaving Mr. Daisley screwed again!! Thats just my 2 cents.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

wyldeone wrote:I Agree with solo. Advertise them Us RR fans will know what they are. charge for them Hold out untill say 500 units or more are sold then ship to all who bought them.. HELL EVEN IF ITS JUST 45 min. of demos. or getting the songs going. alternate takes we would buy!! the reason for holding until a certain amount are sold is if he sent a copy to the 1st person who bought it would be everywhere leaving Mr. Daisley screwed again!! Thats just my 2 cents.
I'd be into this... Excellent idea.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote: Not to mention that a lot of people on these boards feel it's their right to email Bob and bother him with questions all the time.

Paul ok you did say that this was not an important opinion but on the whole Sharon doesn't do herself any favours to be slurred. She is very much like her father a hard business woman who takes no shit. She has done things in the past that have been very much frowned upon from throwing glasses or her own piss into peoples faces. She broke a glass ashtray over Motorhead's drummer's head. Alot of her doing is for publicity,i think the dove antics were planned and the biting the head off was done for the shock factor. Which she did thank Ozzy for afterwards. Just sometimes she goes to far and her plans back fire on her. I must admit when people found out about her cancer. Some people did make bad remarks which are read upon as been very cruel. But she has made her bed, and not a very tidy one if that.

As far as Bob D getting emailed ?. i think he is very much like Rudy Sarzo, Kelly G etc and wants to share his knowledge of Randy with his friends on line. I wouldn't say it bothers him, or he simply just wouldn't reply. Remember that he has to be grateful to all his fans. If it wasn't for us he'd be buskin on the streets. I know Bob has a massive back catalogue of musicians he's played and recorded with, but the Ozzy 1980-81 era seems to be his glory. After all if he hadn't of made those albums would he be so popular now ?.

I remember reading in Lemmy's book about his writing contributions to the No More Tears album. He stated that those songs have made him the most money out of all his albums he's wrote/co-wrote with others. I found that some what impossible but it just brings home how much Ozzy has made in record sales over the years.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

So Sharon has made a reputation for herself.

Now, if the general perception of you was that you are an asshole, and people on sites like this continually called you an asshole, how inclined would you be to give ("make available" for you jokesters) those people something which belongs to you which they insist they 'deserve'?

As for emailing Bob or anyone else who is in the limelight... it is my personal opinion that writing them and asking questions is fine - especially if they have published their email on their own website. It's the emailing and begging for things like these tapes Bob has. Not that anyone here has. Or posting on a website begging for more material that bugs me. This younger generation is the epitome of 'I want it NOW!' You are used to getting things quickly and easily and simply want MORE. When I was younger, it was half the fun to have to search for what we wanted. It makes things more valuable to have to work for them.

At least this place is a step above tk. I've noticed that they turn on everybody in a heartbeat - especially if they say anything negative about Peter Margolis. Kevin DuBrow was a hero there, until he decided not to back this documentary. Kelly Garni was a hero until he spoke badly about Peter M. Bob Daisley has recently been slagged for commenting negatively about his dealings with Dakota. I'd bet that if Delores Rhoads published a statement about negative feelings towards this film, tk would turn on her, too.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

Paul Wolfe wrote:So Sharon has made a reputation for herself.

Now, if the general perception of you was that you are an asshole, and people on sites like this continually called you an asshole, how inclined would you be to give ("make available" for you jokesters) those people something which belongs to you which they insist they 'deserve'?

As for emailing Bob or anyone else who is in the limelight... it is my personal opinion that writing them and asking questions is fine - especially if they have published their email on their own website. It's the emailing and begging for things like these tapes Bob has. Not that anyone here has. Or posting on a website begging for more material that bugs me. This younger generation is the epitome of 'I want it NOW!' You are used to getting things quickly and easily and simply want MORE. When I was younger, it was half the fun to have to search for what we wanted. It makes things more valuable to have to work for them.

At least this place is a step above tk. I've noticed that they turn on everybody in a heartbeat - especially if they say anything negative about Peter Margolis. Kevin DuBrow was a hero there, until he decided not to back this documentary. Kelly Garni was a hero until he spoke badly about Peter M. Bob Daisley has recently been slagged for commenting negatively about his dealings with Dakota. I'd bet that if Delores Rhoads published a statement about negative feelings towards this film, tk would turn on her, too.
your slag you just proved you are no better than tk and why I hate all these boards. Go further up Kelly's butt :P I am done with all these places..