news on footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

Only BOO and DOAM were altered. BATM is the original. (Well, remastered, but original bass) Bob was paid upfront for that, so he doesn't have the right to receive royalties for it.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Thanks Cryptic :D
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I dont understand why bob and lee took so long to complain, I mean come on, should they have started bitching about it in 1981, and why the he'll would he go and record multiple ozzy albums afterwards? I would be bullshit and would not work with the person until everything was settled.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Shockwave wrote:I dont understand why bob and lee took so long to complain, I mean come on, should they have started bitching about it in 1981, and why the he'll would he go and record multiple ozzy albums afterwards? I would be bullshit and would not work with the person until everything was settled.
When none of the people who are involved in this are with us anylonger a very interesting book will be written that covers the whole tangled mess that is Ozzy's band 1980 to the last days of his Empire.
I hope I am alive to read it because I am sure the music will survive and will be critically aclaimed.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Im enjoying the back and forth banter and speculations gentleman.. Carry on!

Now for my 2 cents.. I personally think that just about everyone involved with Randy Rhoads is doing a poor job of preserving his legacy.. I read about the whole mess with Bob Daisly being involved with the documentary, ive seen the behavior of others regarding the documentary. We have seen how Sharon AND Ozzy have handled it. They removed Bob and Lee from the original recordings.. And if i recall on the "Don't Blame Me" documentary it was Sharon talking about that "magic" that was in the rehersal room when Ozzy first went solo.. And she decided to remove half of that "magic" from those 2 awesome albums.. I think even in some ways the Rhoads family has done more harm than good for Randys legacy..

And before anyone gets all butt hurt, Im not taking a cheap shot at anyone in the Rhoads family, but it just appears that on the surface they have done a lot to hinder the progress of Randys legacy.. So regardless, were finally being thrown a bone, were gonna get some new footage of Randy. Who knows what it will be.. I hope we dont get let down.. That would just be a shame.. I am still pissed that no one can seem to tell us what that footage is.. I know that there arent many of us that post a lot on these Randy forums, but we all know that Randy has inspired thousands and thousands of people to pick up the guitar.. His talent has always been recognized by practically everyone, and I just believe that we deserve to have anything with him on it.. And I know that more than just us 50 regulars feel the same way. Thats just how I feel about it..

Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Remedylane wrote:Im enjoying the back and forth banter and speculations gentleman.. Carry on!

Now for my 2 cents.. I personally think that just about everyone involved with Randy Rhoads is doing a poor job of preserving his legacy.. I read about the whole mess with Bob Daisly being involved with the documentary, ive seen the behavior of others regarding the documentary. We have seen how Sharon AND Ozzy have handled it. They removed Bob and Lee from the original recordings.. And if i recall on the "Don't Blame Me" documentary it was Sharon talking about that "magic" that was in the rehersal room when Ozzy first went solo.. And she decided to remove half of that "magic" from those 2 awesome albums.. I think even in some ways the Rhoads family has done more harm than good for Randys legacy..

And before anyone gets all butt hurt, Im not taking a cheap shot at anyone in the Rhoads family, but it just appears that on the surface they have done a lot to hinder the progress of Randys legacy.. So regardless, were finally being thrown a bone, were gonna get some new footage of Randy. Who knows what it will be.. I hope we dont get let down.. That would just be a shame.. I am still pissed that no one can seem to tell us what that footage is.. I know that there arent many of us that post a lot on these Randy forums, but we all know that Randy has inspired thousands and thousands of people to pick up the guitar.. His talent has always been recognized by practically everyone, and I just believe that we deserve to have anything with him on it.. And I know that more than just us 50 regulars feel the same way. Thats just how I feel about it..

Matt
Matt's always speak sense :lol:
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Remedylane wrote:Im enjoying the back and forth banter and speculations gentleman.. Carry on!

Matt
Regretably, i have to agree.

Had Randy's legacy been promoted even half as well as many other dead legends, i've no doubt this board would be a lot more busy.

Rob
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

+1 here at UR we know that some people believe that saying anything questioning choices the Rhoads family have made is wrong, but had they handled his legacy in a more open way and been ready to accept Randy's image been anything less than angelic Randy would have been much more understood accepted and remembered.

I think a blind unquestioning devotion to the accepted image of Randy only benefits those who wish to maintain the status quo for personal reasons and erodes randys legacy further than it has been so far, also we have to question what is being gained by controling oppinions? a place where questioning is controled starts to resemble a 'Banana Republic'.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Shockwave wrote:The fact is whether or not we like it is thAt Randy is not known by all and the demand is not there for it. Ozzy cannot(well he could) just put out release after release of the same two albums worth of songs he recorded with Randy, not many would buy it. The bottom line is that Is If ozzy had ten pro shot shows of Randy only one would ever get released on DVD. Many thousands will buy that first release, but let's say a second or third show is ever released, it would probably sell less than 5k-10k copies at most.
I think that if Kiss fans were willing to buy three different volumes of many concerts, Randy fans would buy a volume of concerts as well. I certainly would. I'm sure even if fans don't post here it doesn't mean they won't go out and buy one or more concert volumes of Randy. Not everyone likes to participate in the forums or twitter.
clashradio
Cool Member

Post by clashradio »

Yes, I also would buy everything that Randy did (with Ozzy only, no QR). demos, live, tv, anything. And for the die-hard fans, they should do what the Doors do. Available to order online only. Like the Bright Midnight series. I think Elvis has tons of offical cd's only avaiable to order online. Randy freaks unite!
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

When none of the people who are involved in this are with us anylonger a very interesting book will be written that covers the whole tangled mess that is Ozzy's band 1980 to the last days of his Empire.
I hope I am alive to read it because I am sure the music will survive and will be critically aclaimed.[/quote]

I want Jake to write a book purely because he's probably the only person ever involved with the Osbournes that wouldn't give a crap about what they thought of it and I doubt seriously they could pressure him into anything at this point. Not sure it would do anything for Randy's legacy but I'm sure it would be an honest look at his (Jake's) time with Ozzy, I doubt Jake will ever do that, but I'm sure it would be alot more interesting read than anything Ozzy or Sharon has written.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I am just awaiting my holy shit #2 thread ...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

clashradio wrote:Yes, I also would buy everything that Randy did (with Ozzy only, no QR). demos, live, tv, anything. And for the die-hard fans, they should do what the Doors do. Available to order online only. Like the Bright Midnight series. I think Elvis has tons of offical cd's only avaiable to order online. Randy freaks unite!
A "diehard" Randy Rhoads fan would want Quiet Riot material and practice tapes and lesson tapes... any "fan" who is only interested in Ozzy stuff isn't a "diehard" fan. Randy Rhoads was brilliant before Ozzy met him, anyone who doesn't see that is not a diehard fan.
krgarni
Cool Member

Post by krgarni »

I do everything I can! I want everyone to be able to enjoy Randy and be inspired. I must confess that I am at times held back. At the moment though, I think I'm being held up! (picture bass player with hands in the air)
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

krgarni wrote:I do everything I can! I want everyone to be able to enjoy Randy and be inspired. I must confess that I am at times held back. At the moment though, I think I'm being held up! (picture bass player with hands in the air)
Yes, but you are but one man! Keeping a legacy alive is not something an individual can truly achieve. Hope you dont think anyones throwing mud in your direction. Everyone appreciates your efforts, im not sure keeping the torch alight, so to speak, is your responsibility anyhow.

Rob