Claims of Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

6stringer

Post by 6stringer »

TheMrAxeman wrote:Was capitol theatre recordings black and white?
Most of them, but there are some color recordings out there.
Jazznroll
Madman

Re: Claims of Footage

Post by Jazznroll »

Well im 18 and ive been into randy rhoads for 6half years and im extremely greatful for audio and video we get off here and tk .

So thank you lot again.
Cheers
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

I would think that the Passaic show was recorded,being that most shows were at the time and there are quite a few gigs from 1974-1984 taped there in B & W ,but there are a few that are in Color & the footage Ozzy is releasing is supposed to be Color???
I hope we get a show w/both bands,that would be Ideal for me to see the energy & Chemestry of both bands.I dont mind which show/band it is or if it is Color or B & W !!
I Just cant wait,I am SO excited just knowing that there will be Footage from more than One source & more than one show!!!!!Totally Excited!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Not to rain on your parade, but there is no way we'll be seeing live footage of the Blizzard Band with Bob and Lee anytime soon.
As Bob stated, neither he nor Kerslake have been in touch with Oz. Sharon is in a bit of a predicament here, as Ozzy publicly blamed '02 on her, (though he makes it seem like he just found out last week), because now fans and peers alike know what she has done. Ozzy said so.
For Sharon to set this historical clusterfuck right in my eyes, the following would need to happen:
1. Make peace with Bob and Lee. These guys were your friends once. They helped you out of a major rut. Especially Bob. They helped lay a foundation for you to build your empire upon.
2. Do right by Bob and Lee. Yeah, they're gettin' paid for one job, but you're fuckin' them on the other. They should be reimbursed for any legal costs incurred while attempting to get from you what was rightfully theirs in the first place.
3. Give Dakota full cooperation, (warts and all), to help get the film about your friend, (your friend!), finished properly, and his tale told complete.
4. Release the anniversary box of Blizzard and Diary:
a. Both albums remastered by Max Norman from originals for digital, compact disc and vinyl.
b. Both 2-disc editions have any applicable b-sides, fade-outs, alternate takes & studio chatter.
c. 2 disc DVD containing 'Wreckage of My Past' documentary, as well as 70 min pro shot show of BOO UK tour '80, 90 min pro shot show from DOAM tour '82, and the After Hours footage remastered.
5. Include 4 mini replica tour books from the UK & US tours for both albums.
She should get started now, for Thanksgiving isn't that far away.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

whoopiecat wrote:Not to rain on your parade, but there is no way we'll be seeing live footage of the Blizzard Band with Bob and Lee anytime soon.
As Bob stated, neither he nor Kerslake have been in touch with Oz. Sharon is in a bit of a predicament here, as Ozzy publicly blamed '02 on her, (though he makes it seem like he just found out last week), because now fans and peers alike know what she has done. Ozzy said so.
For Sharon to set this historical clusterfuck right in my eyes, the following would need to happen:
1. Make peace with Bob and Lee. These guys were your friends once. They helped you out of a major rut. Especially Bob. They helped lay a foundation for you to build your empire upon.
2. Do right by Bob and Lee. Yeah, they're gettin' paid for one job, but you're fuckin' them on the other. They should be reimbursed for any legal costs incurred while attempting to get from you what was rightfully theirs in the first place.
3. Give Dakota full cooperation, (warts and all), to help get the film about your friend, (your friend!), finished properly, and his tale told complete.
4. Release the anniversary box of Blizzard and Diary:
a. Both albums remastered by Max Norman from originals for digital, compact disc and vinyl.
b. Both 2-disc editions have any applicable b-sides, fade-outs, alternate takes & studio chatter.
c. 2 disc DVD containing 'Wreckage of My Past' documentary, as well as 70 min pro shot show of BOO UK tour '80, 90 min pro shot show from DOAM tour '82, and the After Hours footage remastered.
5. Include 4 mini replica tour books from the UK & US tours for both albums.
She should get started now, for Thanksgiving isn't that far away.
If all of that happened, my head would explode.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I Know, mine too! :lol: But it'd be the balls for one shining moment, right??

Not for nothing...if she apologized and paid up, then, all of that shit could happen!
I'd buy three right there! One to watch, one to keep at a friends house is case of catastrophe, and one off-site in cryo-stasis...
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

[quote="whoopiecat"]Not to rain on your parade, but there is no way we'll be seeing live footage of the Blizzard Band with Bob and Lee anytime soon.
[quote]
Well Sharon has already Publicly stated that they are in fact,rereleasing the Original performances,so obviously she would have to credit & pay Bob & Lee,which I am sure she is well aware of & all of the "Loopholes" to pay as little as Legally possible but They will be the Originals none the less.So For this release to have the original musicians on it & whatever bonus stuff that is in store for us will Obviously have them on it too (with the exception of whatever may exsist from before Lee joined) Whatever live stuff would probibly have Rudy & Tommy except the MR.Crowley E.P. wich was multi-tracked & used for Goodbye TR & No Bone on Tribute,Mr.Crowley,you said it all & Suicide from the Live E.P,I am assuming & Looking forward to hearing a Quality Live version of You Lookin at me...

So Bottom Line-She is sucking it up (and crediting/paying)for the proper performances & Outtakes,so if something (Video) exsists from that period,Id think it would be Featured as well.Shes already paying them & probibably just a Lump sum/Royaltie as a Package rather than per song...but who knows im not a lawyer???
Id like to think that they would have filmed Ozzys "Debute Show" at the Apollo for prosperity,one would think,being his debute & Sold-Out in adavnce,right??
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

i think there was some talk about some rehearsal footage... that may have bob and lee...
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Yes, Dave, I know the original albums are being released. My 'Rain on you parade' comment was toward the hopes of seeing live video footage of the Bob and Lee lineup.
This is the main reason I've been telling people the past couple of months not to get their hopes up so high.
If Sharon still has yet to contact these guys, and the product is due in just a little over four months, then it isn't looking very good.
It'd be awesome if Ozzy and Sharon got into an awesome 'he said-she said war in public, though...check out this quote:
Osbourne's wife and manager, Sharon, explained the re-recordings in a press conference: "Because of Daisley and Kerslake's abusive and unjust behaviour, Ozzy wanted to remove them from these recordings. We turned a negative into a positive by adding a fresh sound to the original albums."
Ozzy wanted to remove them?! But he didn't know anything about it!! This cannot be!!!
Sharon really doesn't have to pay the guys anymore than she already is...the Supreme court ruling in her favor back in '04 said so.
On the other hand, the guys also don't have to participate either, and that'll really fuck things up.
With all the shit Sharon & Ozzy have going on, are you still trying to convince yourself Shozzy bought Peter's doc? They have enough problems on their plate as is. :lol:
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

whoopiecat wrote:Yes, Dave, I know the original albums are being released. My 'Rain on you parade' comment was toward the hopes of seeing live video footage of the Bob and Lee lineup.
This is the main reason I've been telling people the past couple of months not to get their hopes up so high.
If Sharon still has yet to contact these guys, and the product is due in just a little over four months, then it isn't looking very good.
It'd be awesome if Ozzy and Sharon got into an awesome 'he said-she said war in public, though...check out this quote:
Osbourne's wife and manager, Sharon, explained the re-recordings in a press conference: "Because of Daisley and Kerslake's abusive and unjust behaviour, Ozzy wanted to remove them from these recordings. We turned a negative into a positive by adding a fresh sound to the original albums."
Ozzy wanted to remove them?! But he didn't know anything about it!! This cannot be!!!
Sharon really doesn't have to pay the guys anymore than she already is...the Supreme court ruling in her favor back in '04 said so.
On the other hand, the guys also don't have to participate either, and that'll really fuck things up.
With all the shit Sharon & Ozzy have going on, are you still trying to convince yourself Shozzy bought Peter's doc? They have enough problems on their plate as is. :lol:
I dont see why the osbournes have to get consent on the release, they own the full rights to both albums. Bob and lee fought this in a court of law and lost, they got performance rights on these albums as they were classed as session musicians thats the reason why bob couldnt do anything about themselves being removed from the albums. I really do think the osbournes will bury the hatchet at some point. And im sure that will happen soon if it havent already. It maybe bob has been sworn to secrecy on this.

jas.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Good way of looking at it J. Didn't know if Sharon would want to include the guys somehow. To work toward burying the hatchet, so to speak.
They may own the rights to the albums themselves, but I would think studio outtakes/chatter and unreleased video are a whole different ball of wax.
It would be outstanding to see all of this resolved, once and for all.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

maybe theyre planning a reunion with bob and lee!!!!jk ..who the hell knows but i just want this set!!!!we have waited a long time..
Livewire8195

Post by Livewire8195 »

Tito wrote:maybe theyre planning a reunion with bob and lee!!!!jk ..who the hell knows but i just want this set!!!!we have waited a long time..
Man if that happened, it would be one of that greatest things ever. They'd need a good guitarist though. Gus G just doesn't cut it for me. Get Jake E Lee back!!!
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Like I said before,They (Ozbournes) may own the Rights & recordings,but Bob at least is owed writing credits(royalties) as well as Performance,Lee was only given songwriting credit on a handful of the tunes since he had joined like One week before they recorded.So anything that may be on this Box set (demo/early versions,ect..) Probibly doesnt have Lee on it so his Royalties would/could be adjusted accordingly (which Im sure they are/will be) butBob had writen 90% of the lyrics & played on All of the songs,so I assume hed be getting more,right??Logically. So as I had said Sharon is probably either paying them a Flat Rate for the Set as a whole for the performances,but who knows....mabey they will credit the Proper other Drummers & Keyboard players.But I'm sure it will be as small a percentage as she can Legally get away with.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Trigger's Claim
"A very reliable close friend of many years was shown Mr Crowley a while ago."
not pro-shot
much focus on Lee's drums, but with Randy and Ozzy in the shot
This means that we can be certain that 2 audience recorded shows from 1981and one another March '82 show are held by one group of individuals.

Lee and bob were only on the 80' tour...