Claims of Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Phineas J wrote:Unfortunately until an official release about it is issued, we will have to hope and pray that it is quality material.
I'm sure it will be quality material.
I don't think it will be that ET footage because once Rudy Sarzo said that footage was too 'jittered' to use. And if it will be Palladium it won't be the crappy footage we have now. I bet he will release some real good quality footage. It has to be something that is good enough for the masses, not for the RR nutz only, there is no point for him to do that.
My bet is still that St. Louis show Dave Tangye talked about, Palladium would be great too! Only hope it will be the second show because in the first one Randy didn't do a spotlight solo.

I think what happened now is that the Rhoads family finally gave permission to Ozzy to release something. That Twitter message is put up to get the crowd ready. I don't think it was that spontaneous....... All part of the plan. :wink:
The Rhoads won't give permission if it's crappy quality. Hence about those QR footage which won't be released officially either. It's not good enough to release officially. So whatever it will be, it will be good quality footage. (my 0.99)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Um that QR footage is better quality than any Ozzy footage I've ever seen, and I've seen all that is readily available. The QR footage won't be officially released because Kevin had it stolen from him and whoever has it now has already made it available. It had nothing to do with video quality.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Randy's family has much say in what Ozzy does. I think that out of respect Ozzy doesn't put stuff out without talking to them about it.

As for this Twitter thing, I think they are testing the waters to see if it is worth releasing a DVD. Of course the 2000 or so message board fans will buy it, but will anyone else? If they are monitoring the reaction here and at tk, chances are they will say it's not worth it. If I were Sharon Osbourne and I read the comments about "$haron" and Ozzy being too stupid to know what he has been watching, I'd say, "Screw it, these 'fans' don't deserve anything new. They have no respect for what we have already given them, all they do is bitch."

And for any fan who has footage, I would keep it to myself as well. Those people earned the right to have what they have by either filming it themselves or by spending the money to buy it. Now all these Internet users feel they deserve stuff for free to boost Randy's 'legacy'? We deserve nothing because we spend all our time talking shit about people and doubting everyone who offers anything up. Doubting privately is one thing, but openly, disrespectfully doubting is stupid.

If you all had waited for footage to be posted Monday, you would have known if it was real or fake without all the hullabaloo that took place. You don't have to feed the ego by responding all the time. If you stop doing that, he will stop returning here.

The drama makes it interesting around here, because when the drama isn't here, no one talks about much anymore. People come and read and leave, there is no discussion. We all need to show an interest in Randy without the drama. All 3 boards have that problem, no one is talking about anything anymore. A question here and there and a one sentence answer... then nothing, unless it involves talking smack or drama.

Maybe it's time for Randy to rest in peace and us to move on?
6stringer

Post by 6stringer »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Um that QR footage is better quality than any Ozzy footage I've ever seen, and I've seen all that is readily available. The QR footage won't be officially released because Kevin had it stolen from him and whoever has it now has already made it available. It had nothing to do with video quality.
To an extent, quality was definitely an issue, according to Kevin in the early 90's. During an interview around the time of "The Randy Rhoads Years" project, Kevin said that Mrs. Rhoads felt the footage was too dark. And let's face it, much of it is. They should have brightened up the stage show a bit, if they were going to film.

As far as the guy that made the footage available, it's a shame he didn't take the time to do a proper transfer. The color saturation is poor, and the annoying lines that run through the footage could have likely been avoided, by running through a proc amp and a time base corrector. The average 'Joe Schmoe' doesn't own this stuff, so it is what it is.

If Kevin's tapes would have been made commercially available, we would have had a much higher quality transfer available to us. Now, it's unlikely that we'll ever see a better source than what we've already got. You need the master tapes to do it properly, since once it's digitized, it's too late too remove the analog anomalies. Anyway, i'm rambling here... 8)
The Flying Dutchman

Paul Wolfe wrote:Um that QR footage is better quality than any Ozzy footage I've ever seen
You're making a joke right?
Paul Wolfe wrote:I could be wrong, but I don't think Randy's family has much say in what Ozzy does.
You would be very suprised......
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Just got back from the Ozzy book signing outside chicago, Ozzy was really cool and talkative I was really suprised by this . I told him I am looking forward to seeing the Rhoads footage he found. He perked up and told me It was very good quality. I asked if it was pro And he said yes multi cameras. The he made the remark that he cant beleive after all these years how much intrest there still is in Randy. We should be seeing it soon. This is strait from the OLDman himself No B/S All the times I met Ozzy this was the only time he was really talkative. to bad I couldnt chat for a few more with him. I think anyone on this board going to the signings in Cali. should ask more questions
Cornelius

Post by Cornelius »

Thanks! That's some promising news. A multi-camera shoot would definitely rule out both the Palladium bootleg and the ET footage. Fingers crossed...
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Awesome news Wyldeone! Thanks for asking! I hope you don't mind, I shared the news with credit to you of course, on rr.tk and facebook RR page. This is truly an amazing confirmation.
Last edited by cableguyxx on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

cableguyxx wrote:Awesome news Wyldeone! Thanks for asking!
Amazing news and it proves we were right to keep the torch burning about footage and Randy for so long!
We can't bring Randy back but something like this will introduce him to so many more people and give him a place in history as a real pioneer of his art.
I remember the excitment I felt when I first heard Randy and the way I strived to hear new stuff by him that that first introduction encouraged. I envy people who experience those same fellings for the first time because I will never have a chance to discover him in that way again.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Great news Wyldeone. Seems to confirm our greatest hopes!!
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

We could still be looking at it being from the capital theatre as that would be multi camera shot, but where ever its from i cant wait thanks for getting the info, the more this question is asked to ozzy the more he will see how important it is to us fans. I cant wait.

jas.
6stringer

Post by 6stringer »

wyldeone wrote:Just got back from the Ozzy book signing outside chicago, Ozzy was really cool and talkative I was really suprised by this.
Didn't know Ozz was in the area today, or I would have gone! Thanks for the info, great news. 8)
The Flying Dutchman

wyldeone wrote: We should be seeing it soon.
That's very good news!
Thanks for asking Wyldeone!

Still..... 'After Hours' was also multi camera's right.....
I need a date & place of that footage very quick! :lol:
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

I'm sure they regret afterwards, that's why it took 29 years.......
I don't think for one second they just discovered or 'forgot' about the footage they want to release now. People are already asking for decades, from the very first time since 1982.......
How much time needs to pass to forget a whole show was filmed?

Problems with the doc.... and then suddenly footage surfaces after so many years. It's so obvious.....
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

wyldeone, what other questions would you have asked if you had more time ? I'm curious what any of you would have asked him ???