I need some detective help, please (Documentary-related)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

MrCrowley

Post by MrCrowley »

Okay...

Was the film submitted to Sundance (one of the first things I'd ask Kelly Rhoads when talking to him about the film)?

Why would Kelly Rhoads tell KG to not speak about what the Rhoads' family thought of the film, but openly tell you without even asking you not to mention it?
'Nothing Else, Bite The Pigeon'
JohnBB

Post by JohnBB »

Again that is a question for KG not me..and no it did not make it to sundance. The question should be ..
ok I think I have been very informative and have contributed to the the community with some truth. If it offends anyone or you just can't believe it
jump back on the Andrew/ Peter train its just that easy.

I think Peter is GAY most of his friends are...
MrCrowley

Post by MrCrowley »

and no it did not make it to sundance
Well I imagine that's only something someone would know who's talked to Kelly. What a shame, it would've been good if it got in.
I think Peter is GAY most of his friends are...
And that is relevant why?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Mike you took the words out of my mouth, why is sexuality important? :roll: anyone is free to dislike PM if they so wish but his private life and how he chooses to lead it isn't part of why anybody should dislike him.
Those cavemen attitudes are from the past and will remain there.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
MrCrowley

Post by MrCrowley »

Mike? Maybe you're confusing me with another member called MrCrowley? :)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

MrCrowley wrote:Mike? Maybe you're confusing me with another member called MrCrowley? :)
Yes I was :lol: but my point still stands. :wink:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
MrCrowley

Post by MrCrowley »

JohnBB, I hope you see that I am a man of rational and logical thinking, which initially made me doubt your claims. With the recent statement that the film not making it in to Sundance leads me to have more faith in your word and what you are saying. We'll find out in just over a month if you were right and we could even find out tomorrow whether Kelly Garni and the Rhoads family did in fact watch and dislike the film.

I'm not one to jump to conclusions or assert without fact, it's good to be apprehensive until a clearer picture is available.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

NicDots wrote:
I have no idea what Romeo did with the trailer or who he is working with/for.
Hows that?He posted the trailer on youtube and otherr hosts and posted a thread here with links to it and had the link to it in his signature.
Oh,excuse me, he hijacked the trailer from somebody at pm's work through some nefarious deception and then posted it.For that,he was widely celebrated by many here on this site.There were a few very active and animated threads here on that.

Seems like RRP wanted a fight with AK and got what he wanted.I dont know why he s whining about the guy calling him horseshit.Totally childish.You see the same thing on tk except they ass kiss the movie and censor any dissenting views.This is only a movie,people.Move along.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

oth wrote:
This is only a movie,people.Move along.
Well said, adios my friend

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Had someone check to see whether the doc was submitted, and was told ne, but the working title could have been changed as Sundance supplemented a Chinese doc for 2009 called "Last Train Home." So who knows ???????? Whether it was or not is immaterial at this point.

JohnBB2 or whatever, IMHO this site handles the truth, as well as it's sources, pretty well. But that's just my one million cents....................... :fish:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

First off, 'enoonmai' and 'oth', regardless of your age, you are little punk children who hide behind made up names and talk shit that you cannot ever back up. You show up here and attack and NEVER contribute anything but venom.

Secondly:
enoonmai wrote:last i checked, most documentarys were interview based.
Actually they are information based. They document information on a subject.

Interviews with Chris Holmes, Mike Batio, Paul Gilbert and John 5 are not going to provide any valuable information that hasn't been regurgitated for over 25 years. Interviews with family, friends, students and bandmates would provide new, valuable information.

Thirdly, Peter Margolis got involved in a community of fans who are passionate. He has done a poor job of handling the very audience who will find an interest in his film. Short of Oprah discussing it on her show, the only 'future generation' this film will ever influence is the generation of children whose parents make up this community.

Mark my words, this film will be a joy for fans, everyone else will watch and move on (unless Peter Margolis is the greatest documentary filmmaker of all time - which he might be, I've never seen any of his work).

And finally, if you want to talk shit to me, USE YOUR REAL NAME, I have no time for cowards who hide behind false pretenses and sling mud.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

oth wrote:
NicDots wrote:
I have no idea what Romeo did with the trailer or who he is working with/for.
Hows that?He posted the trailer on youtube and otherr hosts and posted a thread here with links to it and had the link to it in his signature.
Oh,excuse me, he hijacked the trailer from somebody at pm's work through some nefarious deception and then posted it.For that,he was widely celebrated by many here on this site.There were a few very active and animated threads here on that.

Seems like RRP wanted a fight with AK and got what he wanted.I dont know why he s whining about the guy calling him horseshit.Totally childish.You see the same thing on tk except they ass kiss the movie and censor any dissenting views.This is only a movie,people.Move along.
I tend to stay away from drama. After Romeo Rose said those horrible things at the .tk board that caused his banning there, I decided to not ever read his posts.
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

oth wrote:Seems like RRP wanted a fight with AK and got what he wanted.I dont know why he s whining about the guy calling him horseshit.Totally childish.
I actually haven't gotten what I wanted. I haven't had anyone point out the "horse shit" (sic) email on my part, prior to 10-23-09 - because it doesn't exist.

I didn't ask it so 4 (or so) people could have some back-and-forth pissing match.

It was a sincere question, meant to show and expose the unprofessional methods of this Andrew Klein douchebag.

That's it.

Serious question, oth. Are you 14 or 16 - or how old? Your lack of reading comprehension would lead me to believe even younger, but I'll give you the benefit of a doubt.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

RRP, he can't read well with his head up his ass, it must be dark in there.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Paul Wolfe wrote:First off, 'enoonmai' and 'oth', regardless of your age, you are little punk children who hide behind made up names and talk shit that you cannot ever back up. You show up here and attack and NEVER contribute anything but venom.

Secondly:
enoonmai wrote:last i checked, most documentarys were interview based.
Actually they are information based. They document information on a subject.

Interviews with Chris Holmes, Mike Batio, Paul Gilbert and John 5 are not going to provide any valuable information that hasn't been regurgitated for over 25 years. Interviews with family, friends, students and bandmates would provide new, valuable information.

Thirdly, Peter Margolis got involved in a community of fans who are passionate. He has done a poor job of handling the very audience who will find an interest in his film. Short of Oprah discussing it on her show, the only 'future generation' this film will ever influence is the generation of children whose parents make up this community.

Mark my words, this film will be a joy for fans, everyone else will watch and move on (unless Peter Margolis is the greatest documentary filmmaker of all time - which he might be, I've never seen any of his work).

And finally, if you want to talk shit to me, USE YOUR REAL NAME, I have no time for cowards who hide behind false pretenses and sling mud.

Congrats,you just about contradicted yourself from 1 paragraph to the next("Interviews with Chris Holmes, Mike Batio, Paul Gilbert and John 5 are not going to provide any valuable information'....'Mark my words, this film will be a joy for fans' ).Wow,you are good,huh?

Such venom in your posts too.Do they teach you that at sunday school?Are you a teabagger by any chance?Not very christian-like.
The only time i contribute is the autograph/forgery thread or when i throw cold water on bs threads such as this one where rrp wants sympathy or your jesus/darwin thread or anything by your hero,romeo.
Honestly there is so much bs and contradictions on these threads its embarrassing.I dont mind pointing it out.I remember i was calling out romeo and everybody here was telling me off and defending his hijacking of the trailer and now what happened to him?What an embarrassment.

BTW,i dont work for,know or care about peter or anybody else connected with this crap.I just like to point out bs which flows freely like Niagara Falls on these threads.The opportunity to point out how full of bs romeo was and his defenders was too rich too pass up.Honestly his defenders were an embarrassment and are eating lots of crow now-arent they?

Now i would like to know if people here who agree with rrp on him wanting a licensing contract for a few pictures then how or why do they support romeo hijacking a trailer (that took months to make) without permission?Awaiting your answer.