Frustration Thread

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

stlrox

Frustration Thread

Post by stlrox »

Ok friends, fans, and just common folk...

I just felt like venting to the masses. I am frustrated beyond belief with all the drama that has been going on this past year and the lack of a documentary that was promised to all of us. I have no clue what the true story is, and honestly I don't care, I just want to know once and for all what the "true" status of the documentary is. Everything has been way too quiet since all the backlash over the trailer. Even Romeo Rose has disappeared from all the boards (though I am not sure that is a bad thing). But it seems everyone involved with the film is M.I.A too. WTF?? Mrs. Rhoads and the family has got to be frustrated I am sure. No updates at all? If the project is scrapped tell us, if its delayed again, tell us. Please. Now you got this "tool" who is working with Kelly bashing everyone involved in this board, again I say WTF? I never had the pleasure of knowing Randy personally, but from the descriptions of those who have, I don't think he would be happy with the way this thing is going.

Just my 2 cents, sorry If I upset anyone, just had to get that off my chest..
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

That is perfectably reasonable Stlrox, I know the feeling, I remember I was really excited that a feature length documentary was coming about Randy Rhoads, but as the years went on, my interest lost in the documentary, hearing about the trailer sparked my interest again, but with the attacks on UR that followed it, it felt a little, TOO convienent that because a trailer was leaked and my interest has faded again.

I have not seen much in the way of news about the documentary either, but then again, media quietness during productions aint uncommon, I mean Star Trek (2009), who saw that coming? we heard it was about kirk meeting spock, but thats all we knew.

I think PM's documentary has been a bit of a case of how bad behind-the-scenes can be, but hey, theres always my documentary ;) it wont be as grand as PM's but it will be as strong as the fan base allow it to be.

Simon
Paiste2002
Cool Member

Post by Paiste2002 »

Bravo Simon!! Private message me brother I am sure I can talk to Drew and maybe agree to an interview for your documentary as well as Craig Turner. Just let me know man.

Best Regards,

Craig
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Paiste2002 wrote:Bravo Simon!! Private message me brother I am sure I can talk to Drew and maybe agree to an interview for your documentary as well as Craig Turner. Just let me know man.

Best Regards,

Craig
Simon! :)
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Have done so, check your PMs craig. :)

Simon
stlrox

Post by stlrox »

Simon,

Maybe that is the way to go...I have been thinking about submitting something for the documentary made by the fans. While I never met Randy I did get lucky enough to see him perform a few short months before his passing. Both incidents have had a major impact in my life.

Kudos to you for takin on the task, I support 200%.

Jerry
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

stlrox wrote:Simon,

Maybe that is the way to go...I have been thinking about submitting something for the documentary made by the fans. While I never met Randy I did get lucky enough to see him perform a few short months before his passing. Both incidents have had a major impact in my life.

Kudos to you for takin on the task, I support 200%.

Jerry
I would love it if you participated, you could talk about what you saw of Randy and what was he like, and also when you heard about his passing, how both incidents affected your life.

Simon
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I share your frustration but at least if we see nothing else we did bring you the trailer, I know that at the time some thought we were being rash by showing it but I feel that considering the time PM has taken and his lack of information regarding release we were justified.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
MrCrowley

Post by MrCrowley »

Does the end justify the means? In this case, I don't think so.

It's probably not, and shouldn't be, a surprise that Peter hasn't talked to us for awhile. Can't really blame him. He's also trying to submit it to Sundance, probably doing last minute editing and will continue to do so after it's back from Sundance.

I have no expectations of Peter to come chat on a forum when he has better things to do. I'm sure when he has time he'll update the situation. But for those who are saying "at least we got the doco if we never seen the flm (paraphrase)"...you have to be kidding. I don't see a way where the public will not see the film. Dakota ain't just gonna hide it away.

It will be finished, or Peter will be sued. I'm pretty damn sure we are going to see a film, and probably by March next year or so, like he said.
'Nothing Else, Bite The Pigeon'