question for frank or kelly

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Tito
Mass Poster

question for frank or kelly

Post by Tito »

what were randy's thoughts on marc bolan?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I wonder if Randy would have heard T-Rex? were they just a British only thing until Marcs death? then went more global after he was taken away from us at such a young age.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
krgarni
Cool Member

Post by krgarni »

Actually, we were very familiar with MB and T rex. Used to even jam it. Way WAY before QR we used to hang out at Rodney Bingenheimers club. Damn what a cool place! Ya walk in and Led Zep or Bowie is sitting there. And like the Starwood, you could be 13 years old and still walk up to the bar and get a drink! 12 year old girls who dressed 25, the whole glitter scene was awesum! And we were right in the middle of it. So Damn cool. Monster stereo blasting Suzi Quatro, the Sweet, Bowie and of course Bolin. That's where we used to rehearsh and play live with Smokey. Rodney just handed us the keys and we used to play there in the day time. Some of my best memories are of that place. And I gotta say, dickhead director did a really cool job of getting the feel from that era in his film. You guys are really gonna dig it. But more to the point of the question. We really liked Bolin.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

sweet thanks alot kelly!!!!
The One
Cool Member

Post by The One »

How about Tommy Bolin?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v204/Federaljim/4Stacks.jpg[/img]
krgarni
Cool Member

Post by krgarni »

Oh my oh my! Ya had to ask about Tommy. Here's some cool shit. Somebody found an old amp like a twin reverb that belonged to Tommy. In the back was a cassette tape with a bunch of songs, that he had never released. It's just him playing guitar and singing. Bad Ass!!! His producer has started a project where he's having bands, (famous, semi famous, gonna be famous) and he's asked the band that Kelle Rhoads and I are in, (The band is called "No Sky Today" by the way), to do one of the songs from the tape as he is going to release a complilation album of these unheard songs. Which I might add are cooler than shit. We've already recorded it and it turned out awesome. He told everyone to do the song anyway they wanted to do it. We metaled it out. So the players are, at least on that song, Me and Kelle, Wayne Findley (Michael Shenker Group), Fin Muir on singing (Pete Way) and Scotty Phillips (also Pete Way) Drums. The producer also, and get this! He wanted that little Japanese kid who's out there shredding up the whole place to do one song with just him and Kelle Rhoads. Cool huh?
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

That IS some cool shit !!
................................................................Image...............................................................................
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

krgarni wrote:Oh my oh my! Ya had to ask about Tommy. Here's some cool shit. Somebody found an old amp like a twin reverb that belonged to Tommy. In the back was a cassette tape with a bunch of songs, that he had never released. It's just him playing guitar and singing. Bad Ass!!! His producer has started a project where he's having bands, (famous, semi famous, gonna be famous) and he's asked the band that Kelle Rhoads and I are in, (The band is called "No Sky Today" by the way), to do one of the songs from the tape as he is going to release a complilation album of these unheard songs. Which I might add are cooler than shit. We've already recorded it and it turned out awesome. He told everyone to do the song anyway they wanted to do it. We metaled it out. So the players are, at least on that song, Me and Kelle, Wayne Findley (Michael Shenker Group), Fin Muir on singing (Pete Way) and Scotty Phillips (also Pete Way) Drums. The producer also, and get this! He wanted that little Japanese kid who's out there shredding up the whole place to do one song with just him and Kelle Rhoads. Cool huh?
It is great to hear you are doing this :)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Thrasherfan17

Post by Thrasherfan17 »

Hey Kelli. Maybe I should post this in another thread, but I was curious when you took pictures for Jake E Lee's "Retraced" cd, did you guys talk about Randy at all? Jake is one of my favs, and I wish he would play some shows. Since your both in Vegas, any chance of jamming together? Cheers.