UR interviews Bob Daisley

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

UR interviews Bob Daisley

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hello everyone

I have just had a message from Bob Daisley on facebook agreeing to do an interview with UR.

It will be a phone interview this time (he said online ones take too long) so please can the questions be short, as I will be notating the answers by hand. Also if you would be so kind to keep it to two questions per person.

We will have to patient with Lee as by his own admission he is not too savvy with the old computer keyboard, but all in good time! :)

I am also away on holiday at the moment so this wont be done for a little while, but pease feel free to start contributing questions.

Cheers

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i can never think of anything to ask, until now :idea:

1) Do you enjoy touring? Or would you rather stay in the studio and just do the occasional gig?

2) You've been lucky enough to work with many great artists in your time. Besides your work with the Blizzard of Ozz what has been the most exciting period of your carrer musicaly?

cheers Bob!

Rob
deportationblues

Post by deportationblues »

Hi Mr. Daisley.

Thanks for doing this.

1. I was wondering, how do you think the interplay between you and Lee Kerslake affected Randy's rhythm playing?

2. which drummers do you most enjoy playing with?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

This is another amazing scoop for us at UR Matt, I think everyone who loves Randy will have questions to ask. I will but I need to give this some thought 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

hey bob thank you so much for answering our questions...which guitar did randy practice on the tour bus more? the electric, or the spanish guitar?
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

Mr. Daisley,

When you and the guys were songwriting for BOO and DOAM, did the songs seem to produce themselves organically or was it a conscious, structured effort to produce a song?

Also, do you find yourself listening to those albums occasionally?
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Mr. Daisley,
I know your preference is to use a pick, but I often wondered if you used fingerstyle on either of the two albums you recorded with the Blizzard of Ozz?
I've been a fan of your playing and your tone since :D
Thanks very much for sharing your time and talent.

Tom
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
krandall

Post by krandall »

this is great Matt! Hi Mr.Daisley,what was the most craziest thing you and Randy did? like pulling some prank on someone that stands out and what is your most favorite memory about Randy-Thanks,Kevin
www.krmusicalproducts.com
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Thanks for getting this together, Dweebs. Unfortunately, I can't really think of any good questions...but thanks just the same!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Nicole...

I love youxxxx
I am sorry if I dissapointed you going off on one in the other thread, please forgive me.

Yes it is an amazing opportunity! I might ask one of the UR mods to change my name to Pasrkinson!

Mattxx
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

...What are you talking about? :lol: As if you could ever disappoint me. But really, I don't know what you're talking about.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Matt if you got some loving in you, who to share it better with then our Nic.

Matt have you been doing the Hulk thing and kicking off and being very blasphomous and shit. I missed that, what you been getting all fired up for...that's not like you.
Gabriel Raphael
Cool Member

Post by Gabriel Raphael »

When will it take place brotha :)
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Hi Shaun

You are right! It takes so much to make me mad LOL, it really does. I hope with age I can more and more rise above things.
Basically my drinks were spiked last night :) and I became very primitive and neanderthal in my online behaviour.

My tolerance reduced to wanting to become Hulk himself. By the way Shaun, I have lots of brotherly loving feelings towards you too!!!

Matt