Randy's students...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Randy's students...

Post by whoopiecat »

Does anyone know if Randy resumed teaching at Musonia while on break during his time with Ozzy?
There was a three month gap between the first Blizzard UK tour and the recording of Diary.
Another month between finishing Diary and the start of the US Blizzard tour, and a month and a half between the last of the Blizzard tour and the start of the DOAM tour in Europe.
Also, a month between the UK & US Diary tours.

Appreciate the help...
Tom
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Paiste2002
Cool Member

Post by Paiste2002 »

Yes when Randy was on break from the Blizzard tour and at home in Burbank he gave a select handful of students lessons. It was very low key as to not create a ruckus. But yes he did indeed go back to Musonia on tour break.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Thank you for your help, Paiste 8)

Tom
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I don't think Randy's lessons with Frank Santa Cruz continued, I am certain his lessons ended when Randy came here to Britain so he wouldn't have been part od Randy's select few.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Robert LaFonde of rhoadscholar.com says in his book that he got a call from Randy's mom to let him know when Randy would be home on break and to set up some lessons with him.
Paiste2002
Cool Member

Post by Paiste2002 »

Thank you Paul. Randy wasn't in England first of all he was in Burbank and yes he also hung out with Frank. Nice Frank drop by the way but when you drop Franks name make sure the stories add up. Yes Randy was indeed in Burbank. I saw him at Musonia and around his house.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Randy wasn't in England? :? I am pretty sure that's where he was, recording Ozzy's albums. Do you mean Randy wasn't in England (teaching students)?

I don't see any reason to question Frank about his time with Randy. He's got the post cards, the lesson plans, and the private photos to prove it.
Paiste2002
Cool Member

Post by Paiste2002 »

On tour break Randy spent time in Burbank. Frank spent time with him to do that.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

NicDots, I have been looking on this site for "Franks post cards", to prove what you think to be true. Can you re-post those please ! Paiste2002, I believe is right when he says Randy was spending time in Burbank, when not on tour. He loved his family and friends in Burbank, and missed them so much when on tour. My understanding has always been that Randy was not teaching students in England , but himself, getting lessons from Classical guitar teachers . Maybe someone is misunderstanding Franks posts ?

Cheers!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Frank received post cards from Randy when Randy was in England recording Blizzard. When the band took a break at the end of the recording, Randy returned to Cali... Randy taught lessons to some students, Quiet Riot played a couple gigs and Frank and Meredith spent an evening with Randy and Jody.
Paiste2002
Cool Member

Post by Paiste2002 »

Yea maybe some. Randy came home on a break as I stated and gave a handful of select students some lessons. As another person stated he spent time with Frank and did the QR shows.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Frank received post cards from Randy when Randy was in England recording Blizzard. When the band took a break at the end of the recording, Randy returned to Cali... Randy taught lessons to some students, Quiet Riot played a couple gigs and Frank and Meredith spent an evening with Randy and Jody.
I know they spent a weekend together December 1981 because Frank told me about that one in detail.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I would like to thank you all for your help. I saw a youtube vid recently which some of you may be familiar with...
Bald guy, t-shirt, holding a Jackson PDV in his lap while he spoke...he claimed to have been taught by Randy between the BOO & DOAM tours, which when I checked Randy Perry's tour timeline here, I saw that was a timespan of a month and a half.
As I understand it, he was questioned by memebers and students both here and TK, and was proven a fraud.
If anyone here knows the thread in question, could you direct me to it?
Thanks again to all for your time and help.

Tom
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

Last time I was with Randy was in Burbank, at his home...while on break from England.

He was not giving lessons at that time, but was getting together with old friends and playing. Is that the same?

Best,
Gary
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Gary

Nothing to do with the subject but nice to see you

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt