Heavy Metal Holocaust 1981

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Ritchie
Mass Poster

Heavy Metal Holocaust 1981

Post by Ritchie »

Hey all ,
I was just talking to an old friend of mine who worked for AudioLease p/l .. the P.A company who supplied sound for the HMH at Port Vale and he was part of the crew that day . I asked him if he recalled seeing any video cameras or film crews that day , he said " oh yeah ... the local TV news crew was there filming and covering the event and he did see them rolling the tape during Ozzy's set ! he said that they were there ( tv crew) becuase the P.A assembled that day was the most powerful ever put together and was pushing 120kw out the F.O.H !! and even made it into the Guiness book of records apparently . He could'nt remember which TV station it was though .. ugh ! anyhow , just thought i'd let y'all know .
demon
Cool Member

Post by demon »

really??!!
"We have some pretty happy guys here tonight who like to have fun F-U-N!" Ozzy at Salt Lake City
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

damn i hope it turns up eventually and its in good condition!!!!thanks alot!!!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thanks for that!
Who knows! :)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Pure speculation of course, but in looking at the tiny clip on youtube of that very event, Randy speaking with, I think members of Motorhead, I notice some of the comments under it. One fellow commented that he had worked at the Port Vale event. 7/28/81 I think he said he was 16 or 17 at the time and is now 44 or so. His comment to other posters was that Sharon hid all of the footage away after Randys' passing, out of respect. I wonder if all these years, family members,or friends ,have requested this footage from them, and the answer was always, "No, there is no footage." That could be a reason it stays hidden. I think it is reasonable to think close family ,and close friends, such as KG or Kevin, would have requested such. How can it reappear if people were told it never existed ? Hmmmmmm :wink: :fish:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Well that makes them very easy to trace! as Matt will be well aware.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

man if it was taped i hope peter got a hold of it for his documentary!!!!that would be awesome!!!!!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Tito wrote:man if it was taped i hope peter got a hold of it for his documentary!!!!that would be awesome!!!!!!
we don't need it in slices! we need it here and in full :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
romeorose
Cool Member

Post by romeorose »

This is good news, I'd love to see the HMH footage if it is found. Good to hear the reports that camera crews were there filming there that day.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Heavy Metal Holocaust 1981

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ritchie wrote:Hey all ,
I was just talking to an old friend of mine who worked for AudioLease p/l .. the P.A company who supplied sound for the HMH at Port Vale and he was part of the crew that day . I asked him if he recalled seeing any video cameras or film crews that day , he said " oh yeah ... the local TV news crew was there filming and covering the event and he did see them rolling the tape during Ozzy's set ! he said that they were there ( tv crew) becuase the P.A assembled that day was the most powerful ever put together and was pushing 120kw out the F.O.H !! and even made it into the Guiness book of records apparently . He could'nt remember which TV station it was though .. ugh ! anyhow , just thought i'd let y'all know .
I don't know about the TV station being there, i asked Dave Tangye about this gig and he never mentioned anything about TV crews etc. Too many photos have been seen and people who went to the gig never seen any cameras including the owner of this photo. Look at that P.A Motorhead did go into the record books for being the loudest band. You could here them 5 mile away the locals didnt appreciate the noise with shit loads of complaints to the council.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

good point trigger...EEEEOOOOPS!!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Tito wrote:good point trigger...EEEEOOOOPS!!!
:lol: I just stressed the oppinion of 'Lets see it because we have waited LOOOOOOOOOONG EEEEEEENOOOOOOOOOGHHH!! :wink: :lol:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
I don't know about the TV station being there
I live about 8 miles from Donington Park and what I remember about every August coming up to 'Monsters of Rock' was that a film crew would often go out the day before and film the festival from our (only) local/regional TV station. They reported on the Festival all set up and ready to open its doors the next morning!
You would see the camp sites full of sreaming rockers, the iconic race track buildings, inside the museum, shots looking at the stage and PA then other short clips of the acts doing soundchecks.

Back then we only had the BBC who cover all the UK and had individual regional offices to make sure each region had its local news covered and then one independant channel that operated like the BBC. They had regional local news offices.

Donington and Port Vale FC where HMH took place were both in my region and the local news companies would have likely covered HMH the same as it covered 'Monsters of rock'. And one clear memory of HMH was that regioal news was full of it for a long time due to Motorhead making a world record attempt, I remember us rock heads talking about the up coming HMH festiaval and how amazing it was going to be.

So in brief back then in Britain we had one national station with two channels and one independant divided into regions mine wa the central region.