So about this Blizzard pro shot footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

So about this Blizzard pro shot footage

Post by Shockwave »

Sorry to make a thread on it but did a search and could not find the original post by RR that talked about it(looked through about 40 pages worth of threads!)

So from what i gather its a pro shot show from the blizzard tour, do we know which show it was or anything else about it?

Second post here, but have been at the rr.tk boards for about 6yrs now
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Dave Tangye wrote: I know that there was a film recording on the first US Tour, New Jersey or ST Louis show, I am not sure. Not even sure if it ever was released.
See: Dave Tangye Interview Updated 24 May 2009
Also GuitarIdol (who did the interview with Dave) checked if he maybe meant the "After Hours", but Dave said the footage was not from that show. This is all we know right now + the witness from RomeoRose that the upcomming Documentary will come along with (the same?) '81 Blizzard show.

btw: All aboard! (always good to widen your horizon a bit! :) )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

thanks for the info from here in the threads and the PM's i received.

one other thing...If this actually does exist and is from one of these two shows(NJ and i forget the other one) are there any bootlegs of these shows that could be synced up to the video or would they have to use a different show?

Between what we have and for what seems to be a large collection of unreleased bootlegs Tommy Aldridge has, there must be a boot of either one of those shows to tie into it...again if it exist!

(same goes for the two diary shows that are supposedly out there)
Phineas J

Post by Phineas J »

I guess it is safe to say that the Osbournes are allowing Peter and Company to use this Blizzard live footage. Makes me wonder how they agreed to let this gem come out after so long, and notably not have Ozzy fully controlling it. Will Oz redo the vocals or will this be raw and uncensored?

Now the rumor of Diary tour footage is also really cool. It just seems odd that the Osbournes would let this video go without serious financial agreements. This dvd may out sell every other Ozzy product that has come out since 2000.

My questions would be:
Is it a confirmed Pro Shot, multicamera shoot?
Is the audio/video quality good? (watchable/listenable?)
Will we get the entire show? Assuming the entire show was filmed.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Man, I hope the performances are left alone...I shudder to think of Ozzy and his auto tuner vocals edited into footage nearly 30 years old.
I'm guessing we haven't seen/heard much of Ozzy from this era, as he was hard in the grip of his addictions...hence, his vocals weren't great and he flubbed lyrics.
God bless Ozzy, but I pretty much expect fuckups from him, and I won't be watching this footage for Ozzy's performance. I'm certain the line 'Fever of a breakout' may even come up in a song that isn't OTM :lol:
Really...warts and all should be the way it's seen. Even Randy goofing up on Suicide from AH was pure gold...it showed he's human, and that's what folks are hoping and striving for.
I understand that folks feel differently, but the footage would be gravy for me. Outstanding and unbelieveable for sure, but I do very much want to see Peter's film. There are a lot of folks that took part who we've never heard from. Their stories won't be the same ones we've been reading in rock/guitar mags for the past 28 years.
The Blizzard show would make a great addition to the film if and when it's released on DVD. I'm not putting too much hope in it, as there's too much time between now and whenever I can purchase this. The film is under contract to be released. The footage is not...as far as I know, which isn't much :lol:
Was this Bob and Lee, or was it Rudy and Tommy?
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Phineas J wrote: Is it a confirmed Pro Shot, multicamera shoot?
This was confirmed here a few weeks ago by the road manager of the band back in 1980-81.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:
This was confirmed here a few weeks ago by the road manager of the band back in 1980-81.
Road manager ..Are you referring to Dave Tangye or John Downing. John Downing was the tour manager from 1980 - 1981. Dave Tangye was more involved with PA and security. I know i'm nit picking but get you facts sorted Ian. :wink:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Road manager ..Are you referring to Dave Tangye or John Downing. John Downing was the tour manager from 1980 - 1981. Dave Tangye was more involved with PA and security. I know i'm nit picking but get you facts sorted Ian. :wink:
Sorry I was rushing the post so I could highlight the fact the pro-shot foorage was real and proved :wink: :lol:

I know that our UR detectives will straighten out my minor errors :wink:

When I leave this Shaun I have a Voodoo doll and I think its going to be you!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

Looking at the tour dates i can not find a St Louis show. Although there is a NJ show and that was there 3rd show into the tour, only a few days before after hours was shot.

Edit: There is another NJ show later in august of 81, still nothing for St Louis but there is another show near St Louis a week or two later.

So this could actually be from very late in the tour which makes sense. Most bands ALWAYS shoot video towards the end of there tours since everything is running very smoothly by then.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Im still confused.. Is this going to be on Peters Doc. Or is it going to be leaked as a boot.. Is this footage really out there? Or is this us hoping.. This would be the gem I been waiting for for over 20 years. I could Die one happy man if this is true and it comes out.. Dave
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

wyldeone wrote:Im still confused.. Is this going to be on Peters Doc. Or is it going to be leaked as a boot.. Is this footage really out there? Or is this us hoping.. This would be the gem I been waiting for for over 20 years. I could Die one happy man if this is true and it comes out.. Dave
From what we are hearing is that it will be released with the documentary. I hope to god its a late in the tour one, not early!

I loved Randy's fill on the montreal show and there on out.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

well maybe it might go from early to late?every song from a different date?
demon
Cool Member

Post by demon »

romeo said it was going to be released with the doc. my only question is how does he know?
"We have some pretty happy guys here tonight who like to have fun F-U-N!" Ozzy at Salt Lake City
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

JMPMKII wrote:Looking at the tour dates i can not find a St Louis show. Although there is a NJ show and that was there 3rd show into the tour, only a few days before after hours was shot.

Edit: There is another NJ show later in august of 81, still nothing for St Louis but there is another show near St Louis a week or two later.

So this could actually be from very late in the tour which makes sense. Most bands ALWAYS shoot video towards the end of there tours since everything is running very smoothly by then.
A couple of things to remember are that Dave Tangye was never 100% to which gig the film was taking from. He said NJ, St Louis and then he said he was not sure. Plus Dave didn't have any part in the Diary of a Madman tour. He did the 1981 US Blizzard tour which was his last tour with Ozzy & Randy. But he is sure that it was professionaly film and it was not the After Hours footage. I just hope its stood the test of time and hasn't deteriated in quality.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I would hope that those who happen to have historic footage, of any band, to have had the smarts to do what's necessary to keep something of that nature properly stored and archived properly as technology has advanced. As opposed to having a film can stuffed in a Rubbermaid tote up in the Attic with the Winter clothes and holiday decorations. :lol:
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!