A WORD TO THE WISE

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Film Director

A WORD TO THE WISE

Post by Film Director »

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU REMOVE RADY RHOADS DOCUMENTARY TRAILER FROM YOUR SITE IMMEDIATELY AS YOU WILL BE NAMED IN THE LAWSUIT THAT IS BEING CREATED AS I WRITE THIS NOTE.
THIS MATERIAL WAS PROCURED ILLEGALLY.
IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY I MAY BE FORCED TO SHUT DOWN PRODUCTION OF THE FILM.
Peter M. Margolis
Film Director
Los Angeles, CA.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Why would anybody want to screw the project up?? Remove the video before we lose the entire DOC. For Gods sake we are less than a year from the whole thing and more being released...keep the peace dump the video. No wonder the Rhoads family kept Randy's stuff under gaurd,who needs bs like this when they finally open up to us the fans.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I wonder how Romeo Rose got a hold of this footage to begin with. :shock: I mean, did he actually steal it? How is that possible?
romeorose
Cool Member

Post by romeorose »

i am making a short film right now for peter margolis, my response to peter and it will be online in a short time...
krgarni
Cool Member

Post by krgarni »

Romeo, I know you will do the right thing. And it was great chatting with you today as it always is! I look forward to another one of your films. Blues. You know what I mean. Blues.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Come on you nasty pirates, remove the trailer for everyone's sake. Although I do think Peter needs to learn how to spell "Randy" correctly! After all he is the Director! We have Randy's music now, and latter we may see more about Randy's life and unseen footage we never realized existed. Mateys', What say you?, All for one and one for all ? Arrrrr Remove the trailer, and if Peter does not deliver a fabulous documentary on my friend, then will walk him off the plank, or he'll be a bag of bones. Even if Peter can not deliver a masterful adaptation of Randy's life, someone will, because the love is there. I believe his music will live on with all the young followers you have here, and on many other sites. Randy's legacy will never be forgotten! Have faith! Cheers
deportationblues

Romeo Rose is: a) a comedian or b)a poor excuse of a human.

Post by deportationblues »

All respect for Peter to actually DO something about making a documentary on Randy Rhoads.

Get permissions, do all the legal stuff, actually film interviews, raise money to complete the project, etc.

Everyone needs to keep this in mind.

How many of us have honestly done even a fraction of that? Honestly?

Talk is cheap, do something about it.
Nifareus

Post by Nifareus »

I'm tired of all this legal jargon being thrown around recently;

to Peter, get ontop of things man and cover your ass legally it should have been the first thing you did rule number one in the entertainment industry.

I don't care how it happened but these are the people who are about to give you money for this documentary; threatening legal action against an online community is def. not making me want to give you any money from my pocket.

It's obviously your fault that the trailer was leaked out, seriously man your mistake. You had possession of it literally or in digital form it was still your responsibility to make good decisions about it's well being.

Besides there are people here that don't really even care about the documentary so maybe address people individual seriously PR Peter, PR.

I didn't see the trailer and I don't plan on it
(or the film now for that matter)

Just a thought, Thanks.
The Flying Dutchman

Re: A WORD TO THE WISE

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Film Director wrote:I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU REMOVE RADY RHOADS DOCUMENTARY TRAILER FROM YOUR SITE IMMEDIATELY AS YOU WILL BE NAMED IN THE LAWSUIT THAT IS BEING CREATED AS I WRITE THIS NOTE.
Hey Peter,
Aside from the trailer, do you have any updates about the documentary?
What's the target date for release?
Nice to see you back here btw!

*btw, in case you missed it here, we recently got confirmation about a '81 Blizzard concert being filmed pro-shot, maybe a better destination for those lawsuit $$$$ ? :wink:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
romeorose
Cool Member

Post by romeorose »

Well onto more positive things like what this is all about, the music.

So here's a video of me playing Randy Rhoads Dee I filmed today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdwH6kc14SQ
Paiste2002
Cool Member

Post by Paiste2002 »

Very well played!
butters

Post by butters »

Peter , i feel that you should have calmed downed before you tried to bully the very people that will , would have paid for the dvd .
You come straight out swinggin' and very , very ,very defensive screaming lawsuits , stopping production , damn ! I hate to say this but your acting like a kid mad at his friends screaming
"" IM TAKIN' MY TOYS AND GOING HOME "".

Film Director wrote:I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU REMOVE RADY RHOADS DOCUMENTARY TRAILER FROM YOUR SITE IMMEDIATELY AS YOU WILL BE NAMED IN THE LAWSUIT THAT IS BEING CREATED AS I WRITE THIS NOTE.
butters

Post by butters »

You just keep making yourself looking more and more like the moneyhound i figured you were from the very beginning . Sorry if yo don't like it , but i have a right to my opinion and it seems dead on ..
It's just a way to up the selling price . Let me ask you this , why did you make a 10min trailor if you didn't want a soul to see it ??????!!??
Please , enlighten us with a responce . But i seriously doubt you will .
Ive never liked you making this for profit , and i never will . I know , you could care less but id bet theres more than just me who feel this way too .

william - linv5800@comcast.net in knoxville tenn . And yes , i was there .

uote="Film Director"]I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU REMOVE RADY RHOADS DOCUMENTARY TRAILER FROM YOUR SITE IMMEDIATELY AS YOU WILL BE NAMED IN THE LAWSUIT THAT IS BEING CREATED AS I WRITE THIS NOTE.
IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY I MAY BE FORCED TO SHUT DOWN PRODUCTION OF THE FILM.[/quote]
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Why rehash this again?

Oh, and what's with everyone bitching about someone making some money off something related to RR? Jackson/Fender do it every day and you guys buy the guitars. Marshall did it with an amp that was basically the same as their others, only in white. Hal Leonard publishes tab books. Karl Sandoval. GMW Guitars. That guy with the Zeus who got a TON of money AND a guitar.

Yet if someone sells a guitar pick or makes a movie, people bitch about profiteering off the the name of Randy and how his family should shut these people down. Why?
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

I agree with Paul. If Peter puts his time, resources , efforts and work into it. He is entitled to make some kind of money. It doesn't mean that's his motivation to do this project. It's stupid to think so. Yea someone in his camp trusted someone with a demo of what they were doing. They got burned. I have read a few disrespectful remarks here towards him but yet they can't hold thier breath till he is done with it.