Ozzy News Clippings 1980 - 1981

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Ozzy News Clippings 1980 - 1981

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Randy Rhoads* a virtual unknown :shock: That would of been an awesome debut gig if it ever happened.
The 2nd night at the Hammersmith Odeon 21st September this gig didn't go ahead. An extra show happened later in the tour 26th October.
According to this clipping Ozzy & co were due to headline one of the nights at the 1981 Reading Rock Festival but alas they turned that one down aswell.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The greatest shame is that had they played Reading in 1980 the audio for this show (RR's first with Ozzy and his first outside Cali') would have been recorded and traded. The trading circuit was washed out with everything from Reading back then so we would 100% have RR's first OO show.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah i've always asked the question why Ozzy didn't want to play at the Reading Festival ?. I don't think he's ever played there ?. He wanted the debut gig of the 1980 tour to be "something of an Extravaganza". I wouldn't say the 'Glasgow apollo' was anything of that description. An elegant theatre in it's prime, that eventually turned into a damp smelling flea pit that ended its life dilapidated then bulldozed to the ground. The Reading festival was always being recorded for Radio One's Tommy Vance's Friday night rock show we would of had a sound board quality show and more then likely some footage from the gig. They used camera men to film the show to be put out Live onto large screens either side of the stage. A few bands have had film released from different years at the festival Iron Maiden, Twisted Sister, Y&T, Tank, MSG just to name a few.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Great clippings. Thanks Shaun! 8)
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Great to see these old press clippings Shaun, cheers.
Any chance of posting up the press cutting announcing the extra dates to the 1980 UK Tour.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Thanks for posting up the clippings, Shaun.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Yet again you have spoiled people again Shaun. Thanks a million

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:Great to see these old press clippings Shaun, cheers.
Any chance of posting up the press cutting announcing the extra dates to the 1980 UK Tour.
Gaz is that the one with the spelling mistake ? It mentions the new single 'Gravy Train'. Or is it the full page advert with the first part of the 1980 tour ?.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Gaz is that the one with the spelling mistake ? It mentions the new single 'Gravy Train'. Or is it the full page advert with the first part of the 1980 tour ?.
Shaun I'm sure its the one with the spelling mistake. Its got all the extra dates added on to the end of that first UK Tour I think.
I remember seeing it in Sounds I think it was, I remember been so excited I nearly wet my pants 'cos in amongst the extra dates was my home town Hull, and no band hardly ever came here to play a gig so it was unbelievable for me.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Gaz i think this is the one with the extra dates mentioned. The poster below shows the earlier announced dates. Between the two these are all the dates known for the 1980 UK tour.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Thanks a lot mate, really is appreciated.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »