Q's & A's Interview with Dave Tangye Ozzy's P.A

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Q's & A's Interview with Dave Tangye Ozzy's P.A

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Dave Tangye was road manager for Cumbrian band Necromandus before becoming personal assistant and close friend of Ozzy Osbourne during the Sabbath years. After the break up of Sabbath he would work with Ozzy again, this time for the Blizzard of Ozz tour 1980 - 1981.
If you would like to ask Dave any questions please post them up and i'll do my best to get them answered.
Could you make sure that you mark your questions with your name underneath Cheers.
This is a collection of Ozzy memorabilia that Dave has collected during his time working with Ozzy and Black Sabbath.
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Tue May 05, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

Haha I come from Cumbria :) i'd like to ask him some questions but will do when i thought of one :)

Simon
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

Me too. Born and bred in Cleator Moor 8)
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

been there a few times in the past lol

Simon
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Dave Thanks for taking the time out to do this interview. It's well appreciated. I have a few questions for you:
During your Blizzard period with Ozzy what was the feeling when you found out Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake had been fired from the band. Could you give me an insight of how the crew and other band members felt about this. I understand that you are still friends with Bob Daisley and keep in touch ?.

What was your first reaction when you heard Randy Rhoads playing Live for the first time. Who do you prefer listening to Tony Iommi or Randy ?

I have noticed over the years Ozzy seems to be very forgetful when singing Live on stage. I know he now has an autoque for his lyrics and timing etc. But has this ever been a problem for Ozzy with him having dyslexia. Was he very self critical of his voice, as alot of his Live recordings have been polished up in the studio with lyrics redone.

GUITARIDOL5682 Shaun
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Mon May 11, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Shaun

Well steered back on course LOL

My question is,

Ozzy was reported to be very lost and depressed, especially towards the end of Sabbath. Did he confide in you what it was about his new venture that seemed so different than before, ie what was it that made the Blizzard line up feel special?

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Hi Dave,
When you see the modern day Ozzy Osbourne on the telly, star of reality TV, media faourite and popular celebrity, what are you thoughts on how he compares to the crazy rock ' roll Ozzy Osbourne of the late 70's early 80's.
Thanks,
Fozzy41
(Gaz Forrester)
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:Hi Shaun

Matt
Eye eye !!.. Captain.." Hoist the yard arm and pump up the sausauge.. " :wink:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:Hi Shaun

Matt
Eye eye !!.. Captain.." Hoist the yard arm and pump up the sausauge.. " :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D HA HA!! I AM IN STITCHES!
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

Dave:

Thanks so much for taking time to share with us.

Someone is bound to ask this, so I'll wade in with the obvious.

As you may know, the holy grail for RR admirers is video/film footage.

Do you have any recollection of any filiming/video (personal or professional) being done by band, friends, or crew during rehearsals, performances, or recording sessions?

Although I am aware of the bulky video equipment available at the time, handheld film cameras were quite common. To me, it seems a bit unrealistic that none was done even casually as Ozzy was well established and quite famous at the time of Blizzard and Diary.

Much appreciation for your reply.

Tim
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Dave ,
You must of been very concerned about Ozzy's well being, with his excess for drug and drink binges. Did it ever worry you that Ozzy could become a victim of his own vices. We seen what happened to Bon Scott and John Bonham. Did you ever have to tell Ozzy to kick it into touch especially if it was a gig night or an occasion to keep sober. Or did you just go with the flow and get shit faced yourself ..
GUITARIDOL5682 Shaun
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Hi Dave,
Over the years working with Ozzy did you take any rare and previously unpublished photos of the Ozz, especially from the stage 'cos I remember seeing Blizzard of Ozz back in 1980 and vaquely remember seeing some burly bouncer type of guy on the stage but at the side, a great place to take photos, but I'm sure youre job was mainly to make sure there wasn't an invasion of fans onto the stage I suppose.
I remember my mate getting onstage and a couple of bouncers, ( probably including you) was chasing him around the stage as he tried hugging Ozzy and dodging around Bob Daisley and Randy Rhoads as he gave you the runaround before jumping back into the crowd, it was so funny, like something of a Carry On film.
Last edited by Fozzy41 on Thu May 07, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Another question Dave,
Did you get to keep any of Ozzy's stage outfits from the 70's and early 80's, the tassled tops ones I mean, 'cos I think shortly after you stopped working for him he ditched that image.
Personally I thought he looked cool as fuck in those tassled tops, I wonder what happened to 'em all.
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

hi dave

you were so lucky to work with the ozzy osbourne band back at such a vital time in its creation but did you ever work for them after 1981 snd if do was it different after randy died?
Randy rocked