Tonight!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wareagle
Mass Poster

Tonight!

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ammalato

Post by ammalato »

Do a search man! That's been posted several times here.
Life's a stage and we're all in the cast.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

cant find on here, searched it on google and many sites but cant find. u know of it?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

There are no masters available of any of Ozzy's songs. There are some creative folks with software who have increased the volume of the fadeouts, but there is no 'master' version for us to hear. The Osbourne camp has that all locked away somewhere and it will not see the light of day as long as Randy's estate is run by his mom. Any permission to use those recordings - even in Guitar Hero would need her approval. I doubt Mrs Rhoads would support a game where people pretend to play an instrument rather than actually learn to play it.
ammalato

Post by ammalato »

Paul, I hate to go back and forth with you. I wasn't saying that the master to Tonight is readily available, but the Guitar Hero game IS very real. The masters are being used in the game right now! They are the 2002 remasters, but it's Randy! If the Osbournes can re-record bass and Drum tracks 20 years later and reissue those abominations, I don't think it's that far fetched to think that they can grant permission to use Randy's tracks in the game.

After all these years, she's finally sanctioned a documentary, she's allowed Marshall to use his name for the reissue amp...it's not a stretch of the imagination. And it's not just a game....it's the biggest game going...and a HUGE revenue stream.

And yes, I believe Metal Matt had posted the clip of Tonight with the Fade removed. It's taken right from the album (not the master).

Needless to say. It's here...it's Randy!
Life's a stage and we're all in the cast.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

im sure theres more of a solo then whats on ther, but from this im guessin no 1 has it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

ammalato wrote:Paul, I hate to go back and forth with you.
That's what these boards are all about... it's all good.
BUHZERKER

Post by BUHZERKER »

This is one of my favorite songs. The outro solo still stands the hair on my arms and neck up..
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

BUHZERKER wrote:This is one of my favorite songs. The outro solo still stands the hair on my arms and neck up..
This is the only song EVER that made me cry, my good friend Frand told me once on the telephone that he only heard the 'Diary' album after RR had passed away and 'Tonight' made him cry, if 'Tonight' made Frank cry I know I am in good company.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

wareagle wrote:it is a beutiful song, i showed it to my mom who is all "ozzy is crazy, bit head off the bat thing" i give her the song, she goes "who is this, i really like it" i said its ozzy, she said she never though ozzy maade anything like tht. didnt make me cry but i love the song.
It is good you do that. I tell people that Ozzy Osbourne is really a great song writer.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

acctually ozzy didnt write any of the songs, just made how the lyrics go, like the rythm which is easy after randy made a guitar part. daisley wrote the lyrics.
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

My favorite Randy song
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

wareagle wrote:acctually ozzy didnt write any of the songs, just made how the lyrics go, like the rythm which is easy after randy made a guitar part. daisley wrote the lyrics.
Vocal melodies don't write themselves. Ozzy may or may not have written parts of his songs, but he did the vocal melodies, but according to most people, they do not matter. While this isn't a favorite song of mine, I really like Ozzy's melodies on this song.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

wareagle wrote:acctually ozzy didnt write any of the songs, just made how the lyrics go, like the rythm which is easy after randy made a guitar part. daisley wrote the lyrics.

:roll:

Easy??

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt