Scott Shelley

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Scott Shelley

Post by Paul Wolfe »

It's interesting the people coming out of the woodwork with this documentary... Scott Shelly
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Whoever wrote up the "About me" part of the page misspelled Randy's last name. :lol:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

NicDots wrote:Whoever wrote up the "About me" part of the page misspelled Randy's last name. :lol:

Yeah, I found that odd.
Last edited by Paul Wolfe on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

I just hate people spelling his name wrong :(
bigduke6
Madman

Post by bigduke6 »

somethings not right about this....this says this guy is 53 years old...Randy would have been 52 this year. Supposedly Shelley taught Randy when he was about 12 or 13.....meaning this guy here was 13 or so when he was teaching at Musonia...doesn't add up does it...
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

bigduke6 wrote:somethings not right about this....this says this guy is 53 years old...Randy would have been 52 this year. Supposedly Shelley taught Randy when he was about 12 or 13.....meaning this guy here was 13 or so when he was teaching at Musonia...doesn't add up does it...
+1

i was thinking the same thing :?
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

Delores talks about Shelley here....

"He found this acoustic Gibson guitar that my father used to relax and enjoy. He played acoustic guitar. He was actually a doctor and he just used it to relax and get his mind off his problems," she explains. "Randy grew up right here in my school but when he picked up that guitar, that was his life. That was it from then on. He started taking lessons but that didn't last too long because he wanted electric guitar. I did have a good electric guitar teacher at the time (studio musician and producer, Scott Shelly), so I said, 'Fine, he could switch.' The only electric guitar we had here in the school was an old semi-acoustic Harmony with F-holes. He didn't care, that was just fine, just as long as he could play electric guitar. The guitar was almost as large as he."