Randy Rhoads stories

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Film Director

Post by Film Director »

have you busted many other Randy myths while you have been recording the film?
YES

has it been fun meeting Randy through his closest friends?
Well, I already knew Randy but by talking with people who were closer to him than I was I have definately learned alot.

PMM
Peter M. Margolis
Film Director
Los Angeles, CA.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Thanks Peter for taking the time to answer our questions on this forum. I know it means a lot to me and to the others.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I love the stories. Lets keep 'em coming guys.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

you might have read the one kelly garni told about the time kelly, randy and randys girlfriend jan got arrested driving around in hollywood. it seems someone in the car threw a beer bottle at a gay hustler on selma street. that would have been my friend tony. what kelly didn't mention was that the prostitute was exposing himself and taunting the cars as they went by. the deputy didn't see that part though. tony was pretty wild and those two guys got into a lot of mischief together. i remember tony telling me about a party he and randy were at. the guy who lived there was this old man and he was quite drunk. those two thought it was hilarious to hang pieces of baloney off the old mans ears while he was passed out in an easy chair.
frank

Post by frank »

i found these stories hard to believe at first. the randy i knew was very serious minded. meanwhile, randy thought it was curious that tony and i should be good friends. i explained that i had met tony through meradith and while we became fast friends through our interest in music, i didn't share his wild side. randy explained that he had something of a jekyll and hyde personality. he was very moral and grounded but he did cut up at times. i got to know dr. jekyll/good part very well.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Sounds like me uncle frank, im quite the old soul most days, but i can get up to mischief.

I remember meowing in a elevator and these old people infront of me were like "did you hear that margret?" and i kept meowing and they turned to me and said "did you hear that young man?" and i was like "nope hear what?" 8) surely enough when we got off the old ladies went to the security gaurd on the floor we were coming off and to him there was a cat in the elevator...

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
frank

Post by frank »

hey tom, thanks for that. yeah, he was awesome, wasn't he? just the stuff he did noodling around was inspiring. the way he put it all together too, the hammer-ons and the blinding scales, chords, fret tapping and squeals, i swear he sounded like five guitars going at the same time.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

hey uncle frank

long time no speak :P anyways.. how are you? I hope you are well :D I got a question.. how did randy react if he made one mistake?

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
frank

Post by frank »

siro_angel wrote:hey uncle frank

long time no speak :P anyways.. how are you? I hope you are well :D I got a question.. how did randy react if he made one mistake?

Simon
oh my god, yes. he used to really beat himself up over mistakes. i didn't notice it at first. i remember meradith saying "wow, he looks really pissed off!" during the gig. or i'd rave later about his performance and he'd get a pained look on his face and list all the blunders that he had made. a real perfectionist.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

frank wrote: oh my god, yes. he used to really beat himself up over mistakes. i didn't notice it at first. i remember meradith saying "wow, he looks really pissed off!" during the gig. or i'd rave later about his performance and he'd get a pained look on his face and list all the blunders that he had made. a real perfectionist.
Aww "bless his cotton socks" as my friend would say, bless him he really is an inspiration.

So how are you frank?

Simon
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

frank wrote: i remember meradith saying "wow, he looks really pissed off!"
:lol:
i actualy find it really hard to imagine what randy would look like when he was angry, i can only ever realy picture him looking happy :D
frank

Post by frank »

his anger was always inward as i recall. he was hardest on himself.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters