"Letters to the Rhoads family"

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Sweet_Amber

Post by Sweet_Amber »

Dears Mrs. Rhoads,
My name is Stefan and I'm from Iceland. I think I cannot express in words how much your son has inspired me as a guitarist, aswell as a person. I've been listening to Randy's music for about 4 years now (I'm 15) and for the first time I heard him, it was just unbelivable. I unfortunetly didn't have a chance seeing your son live, but a day doesn't go by that I don't think of him. Mrs. Rhoads, your son changed my life.

Sincerally, Stefan.
If you can't walk, then you definetly can't run!
Frodo777

Dear Mrs. Rhoads

Post by Frodo777 »

Dear Mrs. Rhoads,

I am a new guitarist (i just turned 16 and i started when i just turned 15), and Randy is my favorite guitarist, i'm truly sorry about what happened 25 years ago. i don't really know much to say, but just know that i'm thinking about you and your family and you're in my prayers. Your son is an inspiration, i wish he was still here.
Attachments
a picture my friend took of me playing either crazy train or Dee, although i think it's crazy train because i'm using a pick.
a picture my friend took of me playing either crazy train or Dee, although i think it's crazy train because i'm using a pick.
*~Metalhead 4 Life~*
dtjdp

Post by dtjdp »

Dear. Ms. Rhoads - It has been many years since I have seen you. I was in LA back in 1988 and I stooped by your school to chat, but you were to busy and asked if I could come back later that night after you closed. On coming back to your school later on that same evening my rental car broke down and you were so kind to clear your schedule the following night so you could chat with me and my friend. You told me some wonderful stories of Randy. My favorite was the one around the holidays when Ozzy and Sharon wanted to come by but you and Randy were already dressed for bed, so Sharon and Ozzy showed p in their PJ's.

I showed a lot of pictures that I had purchased of Randy and after I returned to Md. I sent one of the pictures to you. It is a 11 x 17 b/w Randy is playing the Poka Dot V. I think you had it displayed on one of Randy's old amps in your school.

Well I just wanted to drop a line to let you know that I think of you often and I listen to Randy all the time. I have quite the collection of videos, albums, magazines, pictures, posters and pins. I know there is a documentry in the works and if there if room for fan input, I be glad to show my collection or say a few words. I won't be on the west coast anytime soon as my work schedule does not allow my vacation time. But, I 'd be happy to call in.

Take good care of yourself.

dtjdp

zachrockafellow

Randy

Post by zachrockafellow »

Dear Ms. Rhoads

Hey! I just want you to know that Randy was one of the biggest influences in me as a guitarist. I am a 14 year old guitarist, and I spend most of my days and nights practicing Randy's songs. I hope that someday my family and I will be able to meet you and your family, and I think about what it would have been like to have seen Randy live or even to have met him in person, and I can not describe how thankful I am that you and your family can still be a part of all of our lives. I've been a fan since the day I was born, and Randy will never be forgotten in the hearts of his fans, thank you.

Take care,

- Zach Rockafellow