Day on the Green Possible Camera Angle

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Day on the Green Possible Camera Angle

Post by Axeman1956 »

Now, I seen the pictures of the day that Ozzy and Randy played during The Day on the Green, except it was a different band playing the time the pics were taken. Well, I noticed the thread where the picture pointed out a camera on the left side of the stage, if you look at it. Well, 3 years later in '85, Metallica played there, and the only camera angle is one from a camera to the left of the stage. It shows Cliff Burton, Lars, Kirk, and James from one angle. I'm sure that the camera from that spot caught Ozzy and Randy playing. Here is the vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22W38jJk ... embedded#!
Jazznroll
Madman

Re: Day on the Green Possible Camera Angle

Post by Jazznroll »

I never knew that footage was shot at a day on the green, i seen it shitloads of times but i for some reason dont think ozz's show was betamaxed.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Thats a good vid for just a single camera. This issue with the DOTG Ozzy gig has been mentioned alot. From the photos taking and the feedback from the people who went. If this gig was filmed it would of been a super 8 camera from someone in the crowd. For all the bands who played here over the years evidence has been shown in photo stills and clips of film of camera crews filming bands like Led Zeppelin Lynyrd Skynyrd Peter Frampton AC/DC the list goes on. Plus with it being a Billy Graham promoted gig. I'm sure it would of been documented that the Ozzy gig was pro shot. How much footage has came from the other bands on the same bill. I haven't seen anything from Pat Travers, Heart, BOC, Loverboy, 415 unless i've overlooked these.
Attachments
Day on the Green poster.jpg
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Well, why would no one film "The Star Guest" band? Makes no sense to me. They filmed all the other bands, and not Ozzy...... some camera crew.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

So you've seen footage of Pat Travers, Heart, BOC etc from the same day ? If you have, then that changes the chances of the band being filmed. But why would Ozzy be filmed and non of the others ?. It makes sense if no footage is available from any of the bands, because non of them were pro filmed .
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Why bother with support acts back then, filming would probably cost a bomb.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
harpoon v wrote:check it out!!!Oakland - 21/07/1979 Live Aerosmith http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4oZFpKw ... re=related
(They had cameras in 1979 why not 1980 ?) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAr9hUiW ... re=related (I have no dout that we will one day see the a day on the green show with randy.)
mmm..... check out the second vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAr9hUiW ... re=related
The vid starts with images from distance, I wonder from what position it was filmed? (soundboard area?)
Check out this 1981 photo when Ozzy played there:

My point: could that sounboard area above be the position for that distance camera regarding the Aerosmith vid?
And if there was a cam there, how many people would notice....?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=746&hilit=soundboard&start=135
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

Axeman1956 wrote:Now, I seen the pictures of the day that Ozzy and Randy played during The Day on the Green, except it was a different band playing the time the pics were taken. Well, I noticed the thread where the picture pointed out a camera on the left side of the stage, if you look at it. Well, 3 years later in '85, Metallica played there, and the only camera angle is one from a camera to the left of the stage. It shows Cliff Burton, Lars, Kirk, and James from one angle. I'm sure that the camera from that spot caught Ozzy and Randy playing. Here is the vid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22W38jJk ... embedded#!

Several points:

1) I was at BOTH the 07/04/81 DOTG (which Heart headlined) annnnnnnnnnnnd the 08/31/85 DOTG Show (which Scorpions headlined). That's 4 years, not 3.

2) There WERE actual video/movie film cameras (large ones) at the 08/31/85 show. There were NOT any such thing at the 07/04/81 show ... anywhere .... period. Promise.

Here's a shot at the 08/31/05 show, when the video/movie film cameras were being used (just out of the frame of the photo - to stage right - which they are posing to). There's also this douchebag photographer, directly in front of the stage, behind the barrier (in the pink shirt - opposite side) ruining my "otherwise decent" photo.

3) No.Video.Cameras.Were.At.07/04/81.Day.On.The.Green.Show.None.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Great picture.That photog looks like zloz.
I THINK THATS THE most hideous spandex ive ever seen.And i saw a lot in the 80s.It took 25yrs but better late than never.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

oth wrote:That photog looks like zloz.
I did say "douchebag." :wink:
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

Lmfao
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

lol!!!!!!whats the scoop on the animosity RRP!!!????chime in dude!!!!!!???
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Okay... case is closed. unfortunate, but thanks for the truth!
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

It was worth a look, Axeman. Nice hypothesis though. One day.....one day....