Re: Carlos Cavazo

Talk about Quiet Riot with Randy here

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

El Cochino

Post by El Cochino »

Carlos is an outstanding guitar player.... if I'm not mistaken, didn't Carlos meet Kevin through Randy or did he recommend him to Kev?

I've heard and seen stuff from 3 legged dogg... good stuff!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/BruinJer/HeavenHell.jpg[/img]
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

El Cochino wrote:Carlos is an outstanding guitar player.... if I'm not mistaken, didn't Carlos meet Kevin through Randy or did he recommend him to Kev?

I've heard and seen stuff from 3 legged dogg... good stuff!
From what I heard Carlos was already a well known guitarplayer in the area as well when Dana Strum made a list for guitarplayers to audition for Ozzy. Randy was on that list but also Carlos who played in a band named Snow then.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Ace5150

Post by Ace5150 »

I will sort my Quiet Riot goodies out from their 1983 Judas Priest support role and their 1984 Metal Health tour here in England.
Met them, went to soundcheck courtesy of Kevin and Frankie, pics, the lot. Great musicians, great to their fans
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Ace5150 wrote:I will sort my Quiet Riot goodies out from their 1983 Judas Priest support role and their 1984 Metal Health tour here in England.
Met them, went to soundcheck courtesy of Kevin and Frankie, pics, the lot. Great musicians, great to their fans
Ace welcome to the site and i'd love to see your QR goodies. Did you take any photos of Priest ?. It was a great show and both bands played great sets.
Ace5150

Post by Ace5150 »

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will start to scan my oldies stuff over the weekend, including my autographed leather jacket (minus Banali) as well as Rudy sigs etc.
I still have my QR reviews, interviews, CC guitar pick and some great stories to tell when I met them twice in England.
Bear with me, some of this stuff is in boxes from 25+ years ago!
Ace5150

Post by Ace5150 »

Reading down in bold silver pen

Rudy Sarzo
Kevin DuBrow
Carlos Cavazo