skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Carlos Cavazo

Post by skezza »

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The photos above where taken on 12th January 1983 at the Newcastle City Hall.Quiet Riot supported Judas Priest on the European tour.The pick in Carlos's hand is amongst my collection.At the end of the set he came over and shook a few fans hand's and i beckoned to him for his pick and he walked over and stuck it in my hand.I'll hunt it out and post it up,does anyone else remember Quiet Riot in concert from this time..They never looked back after this tour it was the making for them they went on to play at the US Festival 1983 (pic below).
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

FUCK MMMMEEEEEE !!!!!!!!! Who took those photos .Gimme some gimme some Those are some fucking awesome photos....
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

I think those pics are fucking awesome. I've always loved Carlos' playing....always been a fan. Infact here's my meager offerings of what he's bestowed upon me. If you got more pics please post them.

Click here to watch Battle_Axe
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Wow! great pictures GI

I wondered what the inside of City Hall looked like.
This is the same venue that Brad played with Ozzy the year before isnt it?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

BIG_P wrote: If you got more pics please post them.
Hi Big P If you want to see more photos of Carlos go to the Quiet Riot 1983/84 tour Rudy Sarzo in the Mayfair WOW! Thread its listed in the QR category..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:Wow! great pictures GI

I wondered what the inside of City Hall looked like.
This is the same venue that Brad played with Ozzy the year before isnt it?
Hi Trig, thats the City Hall in Newcastle i've had many a good time at this venue i seen my first band here when i was 12 The Scorpions. All the good metal/rock bands have played here.from the 60's to the present day acts like Led Zep Black Sabbath Van Halen Rush Kiss Judas Priest AC DC just to name a few.I just wish more bands would play here,instead of the large Cow shed up the road the Newcastle Telewest Arena.
therebel67

Post by therebel67 »

AWESOME PHOTOS!!
bubba

Post by bubba »

Awesome photos man! Has anyone heard what Carlos is up to nowadays? I know he was involved in some sort of supergroup, but haven't heard anything about it for several months. Is that still on track?
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

Carlos Cavazo is a truly underrated player. But where is he now? Playing in a this cover band w/ Vinny Appice, Jimmy Bain, Chas West, & Alan Krigger. He also just released an album with the band Power Project. This sounds very power metal-esque.

Former DIO, QUIET RIOT, BONHAM Members Join Forces In 3 LEGGED DOGG - Aug. 10, 2006

3 LEGGED DOGG, the new band featuring guitarist Carlos Cavazo (QUIET RIOT), bassist Jimmy Bain (DIO, RAINBOW), vocalist Chas West (BONHAM, LYNCH MOB), guitarist Brian Young (DAVID LEE ROTH), and drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH), has inked a deal with Perris Records. The band's self-titled album will be released on August 29 and will feature the following track listing:

01. Frozen Summer
02. Give And Take Away
03. Rain On My Parade
04. One Good Reason
05. Wasted Life
06. Long Way Back From Hell
07. Left For Dead
08. Bring The Hammer Down

Download an audio sample at this location.

3 LEGGED DOGG came together when former DIO bandmates Jimmy Bain and Vinny Appice talked about forming a new powerhouse act to continue the musical assault. After hearing vocalist Chas West's hell-raising vocals and guitarist Brian Young's ripping guitar sounds one night at a jam in Hollywood, the foundation was formed. Good friend guitar shredder Carlos Cavazo joined forces to complete the band and a 3 LEGGED DOGG was born.

JOE LYNN TURNER, CARLOS CAVAZO, VINNY APPICE, PHIL SOUSSAN Join Forces In BIG NOIZE - Aug. 22, 2006

Legendary hard rock vocalist Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) has been working on helping to put together the "supergroup" BIG NOIZE for several months. With the line-up now shored up, BIG NOIZE will travel to Nashville late August/early September to film a DVD. The band includes:

Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) - Vocals
Carlos Cavazo (QUIET RIOT) - Guitar
Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) - Drums
Phil Soussan (OZZY OSBOURNE, BILLY IDOL) - Bass
Gary Corbett (CINDERELLA, LOU GRAMM) - Keyboards

Current plans focus on marketing the DVD to the corporate concert industry but a commercial release in the future has not been ruled out. The repertoire will feature well-known songs from each artist's catalogue.

Former BLACK SABBATH, W.A.S.P., QUIET RIOT Members Featured On New XPELD Album - Sep. 3, 2006
Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO), Robin McAuley (MSG), Carlos Cavazo (QUIET RIOT) and Chris Holmes (W.A.S.P.) are among the guest musicians who appear on the second album from XPELD, a three-piece band from California that has been performing together since 2002. According to a press release, XPELD "take just the right amount of ingredients of electrifying metal sounds, hard rock elements and a little straight rock edge. They have rocked up and down the Sunset Strip since day one, playing at all of Hollywood's most prestigious clubs, including the Paladino's Club, Rainbow, The Key Club, Foxx Club, 14 Below and The Other Place."

For more information, including audio samples, visit http://www.xpeld.com.
CROWLEY

Post by CROWLEY »

Killer pics! 8)
[img]http://home.flash.net/~ulknatme/flyingvees.jpg[/img]
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Follis wrote:Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) - Vocals
Carlos Cavazo (QUIET RIOT) - Guitar
Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH) - Drums
Phil Soussan (OZZY OSBOURNE, BILLY IDOL) - Bass
Gary Corbett (CINDERELLA, LOU GRAMM) - Keyboards
that actually sounds interesting :twisted:
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Interview

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

There is a pretty good interview with Carlos on King Hesh. Give it a listen...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

Carlos is a great guitarist
LoVe Life
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I was wodering what Carlos was up to. He was a pretty damn good guitarist way back when, I imagine he is even better now.
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!