Quiet Riot 1983/84 tour Rudy Sarzo in the Mayfair WOW...

Talk about Quiet Riot with Randy here

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Quiet Riot 1983/84 tour Rudy Sarzo in the Mayfair WOW...

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This is a story which happened a good few years back,I was a big fan of QR and i had just bought the Metal Health LP and i had tickets to see Judas Priest who are in my mind the grand daddies of HM.So i was delighted to find out that QR would be supporting them on the tour.The gig was first class and QR did a great set,i managed to get down the front and i got some really good photos of Carlos Cavazo and i managed to shake his hand and just to make things better he give me his pick which just made my night.The good news was that QR planned on doing a tour headlining 4 months later so i had to get tickets for this concert.This was surprisingly not sold out and the upstairs balcony was empty on the night.I'd met all of the band apart from Rudy that afternoon when they'd done their soundcheck so i was trying my best to meet the man in question.I waited at the stage door after the gig and we heard through one of the local crew that they had gone 20 minutes after the show they got straight into a door mobile and headed for the Hotel.I decided to give up my search and went on the drink in Newcastle, then onto a club (The Mayfair). I met a few people who had been to the gig and my girlfriend at the time was talking to one of her pals and she beckoned me over."have you heard who's upstairs ? " "No" "Who ?" only Rudy Starstruck well i pissed myself laughing and went upstairs to see if he was in the building and to my amazement he was standing chatting to these two guys.I knew one of them so i let on to him and pretended i didn't notice Rudy.I said Hello and explained to him that he was like the Scarlet Pimpernel "we seak him here" so i bought him a drink and we sat down and he mentioned how he'd enjoyed the show and he'd been walking around Newcastle sight seeing.He had been told about the Rock night and he turned up on his lonesome.So we talked about his time with Ozzy/Randy and he was very open about this, not like a stranger, being himself he was very friendly and he was glad of our company Me my girlfriend and a guy i can remember as being called Fin (Dave Finnigan).I asked if he would sign my programme and i had a couple of photos left in my camera to take. I got my photo took with him and he asked if he could get his photo taking with my girlfriend i said sure.He then went on to tell us that he was getting married in a few weeks time and would we like to come.I was blown away by this,he said that he had invited Fin and his brother and it would be OK.We could get the details from him.Well at the time i was only 17 and my wages wouldn't have stretched to a weekend in Blackpool so the holiday to the U S of A was out of the question.I should of boxed clever and got my girlfriends parents to pay for us as they had loads of Cash..So that was my encounter with Rudy Sarzo and QR do you have any QR storys..?? Check out the photos below and the photos at the Carlos Cavazo thread..Enjoy..
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Idol......Great story and very interesting. I'm a longtime fan of Rudy Sarzo.
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Rudy is areally nice bloke and that book is going to be amazing when it comes out.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »