For God's sake help me out someone!!!

Talk about Quiet Riot with Randy here

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Ozzmosis

For God's sake help me out someone!!!

Post by Ozzmosis »

Does anyone have the following Quiet Riot bootlegs with Randy Rhoads?

1) Dead End Kids – Quiet Riot – rehearsal track (Note: Originally Suicidal Show rewritten with a slower tempo)
2) Miles of Smiles – Quiet Riot – rehearsal track (Note: The pre-chorus in this song has a small piece that was later used in Slick Black Cadillac's solo piece.)
3) On the Highway – Quiet Riot – studio session- (Note: Early version of Mama's Little Angles with different lyrics.)
4) Rollercoaster Ride – Quiet Riot – rehearsal track
5) Laughing Gas (Studio) - Quiet Riot- studio session (Live) (Note: This is a studio recording, where Quiet Riot set up and played live. This version is unique as it contains the entire song as they performed it live, complete with Randy Rhoads' unaccompanied guitar solo. Unfortunately, there are 4 seconds where the audio drops out completely during the solo.)
6) Suicide Jam – Quiet Riot – live (Also known as "The man on the flying trapeze," or "The Flying Trapeze,") (Note: This was the instrumental tune the band did during the Diary of a Madman tour in between the guitar and drum solos.)

PLEASE HELP ME OUT IF YOU CAN... I NEED THESE BOOTLEGS!!!
Last edited by Ozzmosis on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: For God's sake help me out someone!!!

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ozzmosis wrote:if you're a true randy rhoads fan you'd tell me!!!
Being a "true" fan has nothing to do with it, having the proper attitude in your request should be your first concern (i.e. say please and thank you).

QR1, QR2, The RR Years, a few demos and bootlegs of shows (almost all poor quality) is all there is available of Randy in Quiet Riot... that and 3 full show DVDs and 1 DVD of the Kelly Garni era QR.

Cableguy used to have it all hosted on his site but that's no longer online.

Try this for the demos... and this for a DVD with 2 QR shows.

The recordings you mentioned don't have Randy on them that I know of, nor does the Violet Fox one.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Ozzmosis wrote:Thank you for telling me! I've been asking around and no one would answer me. Sorry if i sounded demanding...
If you could, would you please answer these remaining questions?

Qusetion 1: Is Randy's playing on Rhoad To Eternity or Suicide Show?

Question 2: Which of these songs (from Rhoad To Eternity and Suicide Show) does Randy really play on?

1 Suicide Show
2 Treacherous
3 Quinn The Eskimo
4 Mr Cruel
5 Always On The Run
6 Believer
7 Flame On
8 Flame On (Instramental)
9 I Wanna Go
10 One In A Million
11 Shakedown Tonight
12 Overline
13 Don't You Want It Back
14 She's So Truculent
15 Money Queen
16 Always Gone
17 Kickin' Lover
18 One In The Million
19 Overline

Last question: Where can i get a cd with all of the Randy Rhoads songs that were not on Quiet Riot 1, 2, or Randy Rhoads years?

Please let me know if you can
The original Randy Rhoads site has all of your questions answered, AND it is part of this site as well now :wink:

http://home.flash.net/~ulknatme/wrong.htm
Ozzmosis

The Legendary?

Post by Ozzmosis »

I went to randy rhoads club and saw "The Legendary" lp in the bootlegs section and it had the following tracks listed
1. GOING ALRIGHT
2. MY BABY
3. LOSING
4. 'CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW
5. GET WHAT YOU WANT
6. YOU'RE INSANE
7. RATS AND POLICE

What are these mislabled tracks really called? What info do you guys have on this?
Last edited by Ozzmosis on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Ozzmosis wrote:i found out about all of this a long time ago on my own since no one was willing to help. i now have just about every bootleg with randy except for the following...

1) All our Heroes - Quiet Riot - audience - live (Unreleased)
2) Dead End Kids – Quiet Riot – rehearsal track (Suicidal Show rewritten with a slower tempo)
3) Miles Of Smiles – Quiet Riot – rehearsal track
4) On The Highway – Quiet Riot – studio session
5) Rollercoaster Ride – Quiet Riot – rehearsal track
6) Suicide Jam – Quiet Riot – live ("The man on the flying trapeze," or "The Flying Trapeze,")
7) We Just Had A Riot – Quiet Riot- studio

if you could, would you mind telling me where i can find these? i've been seaching just about everywhere and can't find them at all...

How about some context? Where exactly did you get these titles? I got my first QR bootlegs on the "QR III - Demos + Live" mentioned by Randy Perry on The Day The Music Died website, back in 1984 on audio cassette tape (along with QR I & II) for $35 via an ad in Circus Magazine. It contains a studio instrumental that would probably be "We Just Had A Riot" although that is not what it was called. I asked Kevin Dubrow himself and he told me it was an un-named studio jam.

The other songs are either completely mislabeled, similar to Rats and Police on the "Legendary" bootleg LP fromm the Starwood show(http://www.rrclub.com/indexe.html) or they are real songs that have never seen the light of day. In almost 30 years of looking for RR rare stuff, I have never heard of these. Not saying they do not exist, but I've never, ever heard of them.

PS. Paul is right, whether you mean to or not, your posts come across as rude and pushy. Not to mention you've posted the exact same thing in multiple threads which is annoying as %$&*. Posting the same thing all over the place is going to do just the opposite of your intending :wink:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

If Darin (cablegyxx) and/or Randy Perry don't know of it, it doesn't exist.

You might try contacting Kelly Garni...
Ozzmosis

Post by Ozzmosis »

i got this list from randy perry on this site. here is the link to where the page that i saw these viewtopic.php?t=2109

he claims that these are from his collection. i myself am not sure some of these are even real
according to him and a few others they are....
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ozzmosis wrote:i got this list from randy perry on this site. here is the link to where the page that i saw these viewtopic.php?t=2109

he claims that these are from his collection. i myself am not sure some of these are even real
according to him and a few others they are....

Have you contacted Randy Perry?
Ozzmosis

Post by Ozzmosis »

i sent a message a few weeks ago and so far no response...
Ozzmosis

Post by Ozzmosis »

Paul Wolfe wrote:If Darin (cablegyxx) and/or Randy Perry don't know of it, it doesn't exist.

You might try contacting Kelly Garni...

And how do I do that?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Ozzmosis wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:You might try contacting Kelly Garni...

And how do I do that?
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/krgarni
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

i talked to him last night about the museum and his book. before that i talked to him like the week they announced the museum and he said he was gonna try to get the chip pan in for me, but sadly kelly and kelle got over ruled by the rest of the Rhoads family :(... the book is still a go though!
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
Ozzmosis

Post by Ozzmosis »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Ozzmosis wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:You might try contacting Kelly Garni...

And how do I do that?
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/krgarni
This is really him?!
Ozzmosis

Post by Ozzmosis »

cableguyxx wrote:
Ozzmosis wrote:i found out about all of this a long time ago on my own since no one was willing to help. i now have just about every bootleg with randy except for the following...

2) Dead End Kids – Quiet Riot – rehearsal track (Suicidal Show rewritten with a slower tempo)
6) Suicide Jam – Quiet Riot – live ("The man on the flying trapeze," or "The Flying Trapeze,")

if you could, would you mind telling me where i can find these? i've been seaching just about everywhere and can't find them at all...

How about some context? Where exactly did you get these titles? I got my first QR bootlegs on the "QR III - Demos + Live" mentioned by Randy Perry on The Day The Music Died website, back in 1984 on audio cassette tape (along with QR I & II) for $35 via an ad in Circus Magazine. It contains a studio instrumental that would probably be "We Just Had A Riot" although that is not what it was called. I asked Kevin Dubrow himself and he told me it was an un-named studio jam.

The other songs are either completely mislabeled, similar to Rats and Police on the "Legendary" bootleg LP fromm the Starwood show(http://www.rrclub.com/indexe.html) or they are real songs that have never seen the light of day. In almost 30 years of looking for RR rare stuff, I have never heard of these. Not saying they do not exist, but I've never, ever heard of them.

PS. Paul is right, whether you mean to or not, your posts come across as rude and pushy. Not to mention you've posted the exact same thing in multiple threads which is annoying as %$&*. Posting the same thing all over the place is going to do just the opposite of your intending :wink:
All Our Heroes is actually called Dead and Gone. I somehow managed to download it.
Ozzmosis

Post by Ozzmosis »

cableguyxx wrote:

is "We Jut Had A Riot" the track without vocals that sounds like "Gonna Have A Riot"?