Favorite QR song?

Talk about Quiet Riot with Randy here

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Favorite QR song?

Post by Trigger »

I have a few I like but my favorite song in 'Breaking up is a heartache' I find it harder tp really get into QR as the Ozzy stuff is more mature. I also like 'Slick black Cadilac' and 'Weve got the magic' which tracks do you like.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Trouble, It's not so funny, Look in any Window and Killer Girls are some of my favourates. I think it's all pretty good so it's hard for me to pick favourates. I also really like We've got the Magic and Slick Black Cadillac and Laughing gas though.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Ell wrote:Trouble, It's not so funny, Look in any Window and Killer Girls are some of my favourates. I think it's all pretty good so it's hard for me to pick favourates. I also really like We've got the Magic and Slick Black Cadillac and Laughing gas though.
I forgot about Trouble thats a great song!!!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Back to the Coast live when they really let loose and slip into the Beatles' Get Back has got to be my favorite...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Rocky

Which show (date) did QR fit 'Get Back' into 'Back to the coast'?

T
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:Hi Rocky

Which show (date) did QR fit 'Get Back' into 'Back to the coast'?

T
I think it was 10/25/79 at the Starwood...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Thanks Rocky I will check that out :D

T
The Art Of Shredding

Post by The Art Of Shredding »

My Favourite is Quiet Riot at the Whiskey LA(June 22 1979) not one song though just the whole concert, it's my favourite video of Randy too because it's the only one i've seen that you can watch the whole concert. The only thing that i don't like about Quiet Riot is the singer :lol:, the rest of the band in that concert is really good.
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:lol: Look in any window, Laughing gas, Afterglow [even if it is a Humble Pie cover!], my taste for favourites tend vary from time to time, but Randy remains one of my all time favourite guitarists!
Mikel
Hays

Post by Hays »

Trouble, Demolition Derby(Its stupid but really fun), Its Not So Funny(love the way he does that solo, that one made me a real Randy Fan!), Picking Up The Pieces, Driving Me Crazy, Tin Soldier, Breaking Up Is A Heartache, Always on The Run(even though the demo quiality is really bad), Suicidal Show, Lie Back & Let Me In....I could go on.

You can tell I dont really like the Ozzy era.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

ANYTHING with Paul Shortino vocals..... :lol:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Xanadu wrote:ANYTHING with Paul Shortino vocals..... :lol:
I'll never understand how anyone could consider that Quiet Riot... at that point all the original members of the band were gone, essentially making it a different band. I always felt they only used the Quiet Riot name because it was an estalished name and they hoped that would help it sell better...

Sorry for the rant, but I always felt it to be disrespectful to continue a band's name with only one or two original members (i.e. Lynyrd Skynyrd) or no original members at all (i.ie. Quiet Riot with Shortino; Molly Hatchet)...

For the record, I think that record is good, it's just not "Quiet Riot" to me.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

RockyRhoads wrote:
Xanadu wrote:ANYTHING with Paul Shortino vocals..... :lol:
I'll never understand how anyone could consider that Quiet Riot... at that point all the original members of the band were gone, essentially making it a different band. I always felt they only used the Quiet Riot name because it was an estalished name and they hoped that would help it sell better...

Sorry for the rant, but I always felt it to be disrespectful to continue a band's name with only one or two original members (i.e. Lynyrd Skynyrd) or no original members at all (i.ie. Quiet Riot with Shortino; Molly Hatchet)...

For the record, I think that record is good, it's just not "Quiet Riot" to me.
Wow, well then there's probably not too many original bands out there today.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote: Wow, well then there's probably not too many original bands out there today.
Exactly, there are, however, a bunch of people trying to make a buck off the accomplishments of those who came before them and/or trying to relive the past by hanging on to a famous name.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

RockyRhoads wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote: Wow, well then there's probably not too many original bands out there today.
Exactly, there are, however, a bunch of people trying to make a buck off the accomplishments of those who came before them and/or trying to relive the past by hanging on to a famous name.
How about Iron Maiden? Only 2 members from the line up on the first album are still in the band, they are definately Iron Maiden though.