Best QR album

Talk about Quiet Riot with Randy here

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

FlyingHigh

Best QR album

Post by FlyingHigh »

I dont know about anybody else but I think that QR1 was a bit crapy! I think the guys really seemed to get there act together by the time they recorded QR2.
I wish they had managed to record a third album with Rudy because I really love 'Breaking upin a heartache' i think it had a really class mature feel.
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

Is this Randy era only?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Follis wrote:Is this Randy era only?
I dont think anybody will mind if you want to talk about post Randy QR :wink:

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
from the east

Re: Best QR album

Post by from the east »

FlyingHigh wrote:I dont know about anybody else but I think that QR1 was a bit crapy! I think the guys really seemed to get there act together by the time they recorded QR2.
I wish they had managed to record a third album with Rudy because I really love 'Breaking upin a heartache' i think it had a really class mature feel.
I like QR 1
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

For what they are, I like both QR 1 and 2. I like that style of music and Randy created a great framework for someone else to expand on... he may have reworked them himself had he had a chance... musically, they ain' bad...vocally they are a bit week...

Had the right people put money into QR at that time and given them direction, they'd have been great and Ozzy would be watching American Idol wondering, "what if?"
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I really like Metal Health, great album! I like some of QRII and some of QRI but Kevin on a few sounds cheesy and very childlike...
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

A very good QR album is the 88 S/T with Paul Shortino. I like QR III, too.
FlyingHigh

Post by FlyingHigh »

skezza wrote:I really like Metal Health, great album! I like some of QRII and some of QRI but Kevin on a few sounds cheesy and very childlike...
Condition Critical was OK as well it was from the mid 1980's. I heard on Tuesday.
FlyingHigh

Post by FlyingHigh »

I saw some old poor quality video of them with Rudy a few weeks ago and the band was fine but Kevin didn't deserve any awards :?
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

skezza wrote:I really like Metal Health, great album! I like some of QRII and some of QRI but Kevin on a few sounds cheesy and very childlike...
That is very true my friend :D
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Not sure if this count as well.
But I really like "The Randy Rhoads years", that's by far my most favorite QR album!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Dutch.....I agree.
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:wink: I also agree; "Randy Rhoads years" really caught my ear and I got into QR 1 & 2. after that, even if I had heard glimpses of those albums before...well they just didn´t sound like Ozzy stuff, so maybe it was because of that!
Mikel
Hays

Re: Best QR album

Post by Hays »

FlyingHigh wrote:I dont know about anybody else but I think that QR1 was a bit crapy! I think the guys really seemed to get there act together by the time they recorded QR2.
I kinda know what you mean. The first time i heard QR1 I was like: this is pretty bad!" but then as i listened to it more and more i relalized there are some killer cuts on there. Demolition Derby, Its Not So Funny. there is some good stuff on that album.
I also agree with the third album with randy. that would have been a kickin album. They would of had some really good cuts on there. But I guess Randy Rhoads years is sortta the third album...kinda.
I would have to say my favorite is QR2. Everys songs has something that is good about it. Some cuts are killer, some arent. but every track has something good about it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I've got a DVD with QR playing It's Not So Funny live, and that song rocks... The actual recording of QR 1 isn't so good, but the songs are quality, in my opinion.