Picking Up the Pieces Tab

Talk about Quiet Riot with Randy here

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Picking Up the Pieces Tab

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, so ages ago I PowerTabbed Picking Up the Pieces because I couldn't find it anywhere...

So, I felt I did a pretty good job on it, but there was one part just before the chorus that I couldn't get. Mainly because it sounded like an arpeggiated chord and there's also bass, vocals and drums going on...

Well, a friend recently showed me how that part is supposed to be played and tonight I'm going to update my PowerTab...

What I'm wondering is if there is anyone who can host it for me when I get it done?
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

ill host it for you Paul :D
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Never mind, I found a copy of my poertab online and noticed the name of the tabber has been changed to "RhoadsFan"...

If someone else insists on taking credit, then I'm not going to bother anymore.
zakkattack!

Post by zakkattack! »

RockyRhoads wrote:Never mind, I found a copy of my poertab online and noticed the name of the tabber has been changed to "RhoadsFan"...

didums :P
ya lil baby!!*L*
zakk!
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

RockyRhoads wrote:Never mind, I found a copy of my poertab online and noticed the name of the tabber has been changed to "RhoadsFan"...

Oh :( That's the only bit in the song I need to learn now! Well...you are a Rhoads fan so I guess it's a good description of you but I know how you feel. It's even worse when people put their name on a song you wrote and gets rid of yours.
zakkattack! wrote:didums :P
ya lil baby!!*L*
Well aren't you friendly :?
Hays

Post by Hays »

hey man, I would love it if you still poseted the link to that tab or whatever.

I downloaded a power tab some time ago but its only the very very first part and it helps me none.

been wanting to cover that song live for a long time...just never had time to tab it.

post it and youll be the best!!

Thanks!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Okay, I updated my Powertab, I'll send it to Skezza and hopefully he can post it.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

RockyRhoads wrote:Okay, I updated my Powertab, I'll send it to Skezza and hopefully he can post it.
got your email, you forgot to attach the tab though :twisted:. Send it over when you get chance Paul, im interested myself!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

It's that darn Military.com email, I did attatch it, but the site dropped it off!!! :x :x :x :x

I sent it again, from Comcast....
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

http://webcreations-uk.com/RR/Picking_Up_the_Pieces.ptb

Here it is, big thanks to Rocky, must have taken you hours to tab this.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Tabbing a song is one thing, playing it is another. I've always been more of a rythm player, because I am in awe of fast lead players. I'm the guy who wants to know all the scales and how to write a good solo before trying to play one...

So last night I decided to give the solo to Picking Up the Pieces a go and damned if I didn't pull it off! I don't know what made me try it, but I did and it sounded alright, so I'll have to tackle some more solos, get my chops up to speed and then someone can make a forum all about me :wink:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I started re-tabbing this with bass and drums... I wanted to upload what I have but .gp5 files are not allowed for upload???
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I started re-tabbing this with bass and drums... I wanted to upload what I have but .gp5 files are not allowed for upload???
Paul, try now :)
ptb as well?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Sorry Skezza, but the drums don't come through on PTB as far as I know...
Attachments

[The extension gp5 has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Sorry Skezza, but the drums don't come through on PTB as far as I know...
they dont, i do have Guitar Pro :) i was just wondering if you were going to upload it as well if so id enable the ptb uploads!