Kevin DuBrow; 1955 - 2007

Talk about Quiet Riot with Randy here

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Well the man is dead. You wouldn't go to a funeral and talk about how much the guy was a prick. I would hope so anyway. I still don't have too much faith in blabbermouthers...one of them will rise up I'm sure.
Madman56
Cool Member

Kevin Dubrow RIP?

Post by Madman56 »

I've been hearing that Kevin Dubrow has passed, can anyone confirm thisQUIET RIOT Singer KEVIN DUBROW Dead At 52

QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali has confirmed the passing of the group's singer, Kevin DuBrow, at the age of 52. In an e-mail to Spain's The Metal Circus, which had requested a comment from Banali on the rumors of DuBrow's death, the drummer wrote, "I can't even find words to say. Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend Kevin DuBrow." UPDATE: The same statement can now be found on Frankie Banali's official web site.

Michael Politz of The Vegas Eye reported earlier today that DuBrow was found dead in his Las Vegas home on Sunday, November 25. According to Politz, DubRow - whom Politz calls "one of my closest friends" - recently celebrated his 52nd birthday in New Orleans "where he ate great food and even caught THE CULT at The House of Blues."

Although the band has yet to issue an official statement on the matter, bassist Kelly Garni, who was one of the founding members of QUIET RIOT, has posted the following message on the Randy Rhoads (late QUIET RIOT/OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist) web site RandyRhoads.tk:

"I ask this to all of you not only for myself but for other friends and family. I ask that no one here offer any speculation or opinions, theories or other things that could be construed as negative or, and I'm sorry for this, even sympathetic, right at this immediate time. I am already within hours of this having to deal with untrue rumors and speculation and that only adds fuel to that. There is a tendency for the subject of Kevin to incite flames on every board and now is not the time for that. I will explain to everyone here the facts and the truth in the next 24 to 48 hours as I realize this will effect us all. So please, until then, be patient. All details and other pertinate info will be passed on to you here when it becomes available to me. Thank you."

In 2004, DuBrow recorded a collection of cover versions for his first solo album, "In for the Kill".

QUIET RIOT's latest studio CD, "Rehab", was released on October 3, 2006.
The lineup on the album was Kevin DuBrow, Frankie Banali, Tony Franklin and Neil Citron. Legendary singer Glenn Hughes also made a guest vocal appearance on the LP.
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

I was finally able to get on Frankie Banali's site, and unless it's been hacked it appears to be true. RIP Kevin
Rippin Rod

Post by Rippin Rod »

What a career this guy had. First, Randy Rhoads gets snagged by Ozzy, and he still makes it big! What drive and determination. A real inspiration!
Later,

Rod
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Last edited by frank on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

WOW! That's really some news.
Please don't anyone take this the wrong way, but looks like Kevin got the last word in the documentary, but taking his memories with him. Again, I do not mean any disrespect to him at all.
May he rest in peace.
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

I haven't commented on the news as I'm still taking it in. I was dealt a blow earlier this year with the untimely death of Brad Delp. And now Kevin. It hurts in a very similar way - another part of the soundtrack of my youth is gone. I remember seeing Metal Health the day it came out in 1983 and how excited I was for them hearing "Cum on Feel The Noize" for the first time and saying to my buddies "That's a hit man. Home run". And so it was.

Got to meet the band and have my album signed by all 4 guys. All very cool and nice to this then 16 year old. What a time to have been a teenager. Got to stand front row for them opening for Iron Maiden (great band but a bit of a let down after the unbelievable energy of Quiet Riot).

Cheers Kevin. It was great being able to correspond a few times with you. You and Randy definitely opened my eyes and ears to some classic stuff (Mountain and the one I'll always be grateful to you for Kevin - Mr. Steve Marriot). You crammed a lot in 52 short years and I hope you and Randy find some guys to fill in on bass and skins and get on with it. That must have been the thunder I heard earlier.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

My condolences to the friends and family of Kevin, I hope you find some comfort in your memories of him and from his many fans. I was able to meet him a few years ago and he was very nice to my friends and I, very funny and put on a hell of a show as usual. RIP Kevin, you'll be sadly missed.
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

Kelly Garni on Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312940,00.html#

Video clip should be in the upper right hand.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Rest in peace Kevin DuBrow.. You'll be missed..
ken01fan
Cool Member

Post by ken01fan »

R.I.P. Kevin. You will be missed.
Tell Randy hello. Peace always. :(
Randy Rhoads: Simply the best!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Dan wrote:Kelly Garni on Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312940,00.html#

Video clip should be in the upper right hand.
Thanks for the link, Dan.

It's a shame that the assumption must be made that drugs were involved. It sounds like Kelly suspects that to be the case. As the discussion in the Depression thread points out, drugs are not a good resource for dealing with problems in your life. All to often they lead to death, which is never a good solution to a problem.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

I'm gonna miss you, Mr. DuBrow.