the randy rhoads years

Talk about Quiet Riot with Randy here

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

eternal randy rhoads

the randy rhoads years

Post by eternal randy rhoads »

where I can find(download) the randy rhoads years(quiet riot cd)?
Attachments
livzey10.jpg
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

I'm not sure if you can get the whole cd downloaded, but you can get it at a cheap price at amazon.com or at ebay(my favorite!).
Good Luck!!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

it's actually pretty horrible.
Last edited by frank on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

frank wrote:it's actually pretty horrible.
I am interested to know why you don't like the album? I was never a huge QR fan but as a person who lived through the QR period, I would be interested in knowing why this album jars with you so much.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

most people see the randy rhoads years as a way into the early QR stuff because they dont like the original material, or thats what i gather.

The randy rhoads years is heavily edited though + I actualy really like QR I and II there are some songs there that should've been on the randy rhoads years IMO.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I think KEVIN DUBROW did a wonderful job for us fans with producing this RR years cd while others did NOTHING for decades long. :wink: And yep, I like this album waaaaay better than those poor original recordings with Randy. Thanks to Kevin for that!
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

r.p. is right. the r.r. years are heavily edited mainly to present kevin in the best possible light. a self-promotion piece if there ever was one. no altruism here boys.
while q.r. 1 & 2 are primitive, they at least have the integrity of being the original recordings in all their glory(?)
Last edited by frank on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
r.w.rhoads

Post by r.w.rhoads »

i will send you a copy of it for free if we can find out how much it would be to send it to italy.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

frank wrote:r.p. is right. the r.r. years are heavily edited mainly to present kevin in the best possible light. a self-promotion piece if there ever was one. no altruism here boys.
while q.r. 1 & 2 are primitive, they at least have the integrity of being the original recordings in all their glory(?)
i know what you mean. Kevins vocals on Look In Any Window nearly gave me a heart atack when i heard the original and what happened to Mama's Little Angels :lol: . I wonder if Kevin really was overly concerned with how he would come off?

maybe im a little mad but i genuinely like QR I and II. I think the songs are pretty good and i get a feel for the era when i listen to that stuff.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

When Kevin redid Mama's Little Angels and turned it into Last Call For Rock 'n' Roll, he did Randy a huge injustice, in my opinion. Kevin didn't like his vocals, so he changed them. The CD wasn't about Kevin, it was supposed to be about Randy.

At the time we were told it was an opportunity to hear what Randy sounded like pre-Ozzy. But the alterations made it more like what Randy might have sounded like post-Ozzy playing pre-Ozzy songs.

The worst offense, in my opinion, is Laughing Gas. He cut two different solos together together and it's the worst version of the song I've heard.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

My own oppinion on QR I & II was that they were OK as they were, I felt that the RR years was Kevin cashing in on Randy again, what it did give us, as fans, was a chance to hear some new things.
I am no lover of QR, I like QR II but when I first heard QRI I thought it sucked big time, but as a peice of Randy history I was more than happy to have it.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

QR I & II were fine the way they were, if they are looked at in the correct way. They were growing pains, and part of the only recordings we have of Randy. As a Randy fan, I treasure them, and thankful to have them. I don't think anyone besides Kevin's conscience can fairly say what Kevin's intentions were regarding that RR Years CD. Everyone else just has an opinion on it. He said he had to redo songs to get Delores approval to get some of the QR songs heard. I'm sure many fans got to hear Randy's QR songs that otherwise hadn't. IMO, I think that it would have stayed better being found in their original form via the internet or trading. Last Call For Rock N Roll and Laughing Gas (from that CD) are no better than what Ozzy and Co. did to Blizzard & Diary with those re-remasters :x
Last edited by cableguyxx on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

cableguyxx wrote:QR I & II were fine the way they were, if they are looked at in the correct way. They were growing pains, and part of the only recordings we have of Randy. As a Randy fan, I treasure them, and thankful to have them. I don't think anyone besides Kevin's conscience can fairly say what Kevin's intentions were regarding that RR Years CD. Everyone else just has an opinion on it. He said he had to redo songs to get Delores approval to get some of the QR songs heard. I'm sure many fans got to hear Randy's QR songs that otherwise hadn't. IMO, I think that it would have stayed better being found in their original form via the internet or trading. Last Call For Rock N Roll and Laughing Gas (from that CD) are no better than what Ozzy and Co. did to Blizzard & Diary with those re-remasters :x
I agree about the growing, from QRI to 'Diary' Randy grows as as a guitarist and you can hear him go from strengh to strengh.