Ozzy's water swilling antics..

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Ozzy's water swilling antics..

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I always remember the early Ozzy shows for it's madness and Ozzy's command over the crowd. Bringing on a full bucket of water and drenching some fans even if they wanted it or not. The strange thing is, no photographs of this stunt have ever been published, this happened at every gig. We may have seen a few in later years, but i've never seen one from the 1980 -82 period. If you have any or have seen some please post them up.
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: Ozzy's water swilling antics..

Post by orion_damage »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I always remember the early Ozzy shows for it's madness and Ozzy's command over the crowd. Bringing on a full bucket of water and drenching some fans even if they wanted it or not. The strange thing is, no photographs of this stunt have ever been published, this happened at every gig. We may have seen a few in later years, but i've never seen one from the 1980 -82 period. If you have any or have seen some please post them up.
I've never seen the meat throwing incidents. That'd be neat to see as well.
dannyahansen
Mass Poster

Post by dannyahansen »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I always remember the early Ozzy shows for it's madness and Ozzy's command over the crowd. Bringing on a full bucket of water and drenching some fans even if they wanted it or not. The strange thing is, no photographs of this stunt have ever been published, this happened at every gig. We may have seen a few in later years, but i've never seen one from the 1980 -82 period. If you have any or have seen some please post them up.
I think the closest I have seen is the pictures at the Port Vale (81) concert. There is a picture of Ozzy going to grab a bucket of water. It looks like it was taken from side stage. Not sure what he did with it though.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

orion_damage wrote:
I've never seen the meat throwing incidents. That'd be neat to see as well.
I did see a pic of the dwarf John Allen with his meat bucket on stage. I honestly think the theatrics of doing this dried up as the venues and crowd didn't take it too well. Getting covered in blood and general crap. I heard a good story about John Allen when someone decided to return a large lump of meat that was still frozen. It hit 'little' John that hard, it knocked him out and he had to be dragged off stage.
The huge metal hand that was hidden under the raised steps, that was another prop that failed on more then one occasion and was only seen in a couple of shows.. I remember seeing some cool photos from one of the gigs with Ozzy in the hand.