It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:01 am


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 6   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:58 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
Well for the record i've just asked Dave Tangye about his position when working for Ozzy and he is still saying that he worked for Ozzy as his PA and he did the security for the 1981 USA tour. OK he was not with Ozzy night and day but he was with him for a good duration while he was in the blizzard band. Nick i asked him about the photograph below. I also asked Bob about the photo a while ago and he did say it was at Clearwell castle. Dave Tangye was not at Clearwell castle during the pre-production. He is saying the location is at Chepstow castle they went for a day out and he is sticking to his word on this one. I'm looking at the moat behind them does Clearwell castle have or did it have a moat in 1980.
These are a few quotes from my chat with Dave.
"I don't need to say anything to anyone regarding my association with Ozzy Osbourne. Tell Troy Jackson from me that you can't change history..!!! "
" I worked on the Blizzard of Ozz 1980 UK tour as well as the first 1981 US tour "
" The photo that he is talking about was taken by me outside Chepstow Castle. "
Q " Is that not Clearwell castle in Monmouth the photo of Bob and RR outside the castle with the battlements etc behind them." A - " No definitely not!!! As I have said it was taken by me out side the walls of Chepstow Castle. I have the negatives to prove my copyright...I'm afraid Bob has got it wrong, He is not infallible you know!...."
" Just to reiterate Shaun, I was not present at the Clearwell Castle pre-production. So how the fuck do I have the photo of Bob and Randy ?.." Fair comment Dave!!
" We collectively did go there as a day out sightseeing, nothing more nothing less. Believe me or believe me not that's the whole truth?..."
" I don't care if these pricks try to diss me because I was there and seen it with my own two eyes. "
This is in reply to believing everything that Bob tells you has to be 100% true / fact. " So true, I think people tend to look up to some Musicians as some sort of Demi-God. Truth is the truth gets distorted by idle chatter! P.S: Tell Nick he should have gone to Specksavers. lol. "
" These people don’t phase me at all, they don’t know half of what went on back then! Fortunately I still have my memories, diaries and photos to remind me of the day's. And no one can take that away from me..."
" I was in that boardroom when Ozzy bit the head of the dove. The whole charade was all about introducing Ozzy to the senior execs of CBS USA. Nothing more nothing less. Just because I have not written a bio of this time in my life does not mean to say that it didn't happen. Maybe one day I will publish all my memories of the time who knows. "
" Ok Shaun, you can use what you want of this, as long as you clean all the typos and spelling mistakes up.."


Attachments:
bob and randy1.jpg
bob and randy1.jpg [ 75.1 KiB | Viewed 1962 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:16 am 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Well for the record i've just asked Dave Tangye about his position when working for Ozzy and he is still saying that he worked for Ozzy as his PA and he did the security for the 1981 USA tour. OK he was not with Ozzy night and day but he was with him for a good duration while he was in the blizzard band. Nick i asked him about the photograph below. I also asked Bob about the photo a while ago and he did say it was at Clearwell castle. Dave Tangye was not at Clearwell castle during the pre-production. He is saying the location is at Chepstow castle they went for a day out and he is sticking to his word on this one. I'm looking at the moat behind them does Clearwell castle have or did it have a moat in 1980.
These are a few quotes from my chat with Dave.
"I don't need to say anything to anyone regarding my association with Ozzy Osbourne. Tell Troy Jackson from me that you can't change history..!!! "
" I worked on the Blizzard of Ozz 1980 UK tour as well as the first 1981 US tour "
" The photo that he is talking about was taken by me outside Chepstow Castle. "
Q " Is that not Clearwell castle in Monmouth the photo of Bob and RR outside the castle with the battlements etc behind them." A - " No definitely not!!! As I have said it was taken by me out side the walls of Chepstow Castle. I have the negatives to prove my copyright...I'm afraid Bob has got it wrong, He is not infallible you know!...."
" Just to reiterate Shaun, I was not present at the Clearwell Castle pre-production. So how the fuck do I have the photo of Bob and Randy ?.." Fair comment Dave!!
" We collectively did go there as a day out sightseeing, nothing more nothing less. Believe me or believe me not that's the whole truth?..."
" I don't care if these pricks try to diss me because I was there and seen it with my own two eyes. "
This is in reply to believing everything that Bob tells you has to be 100% true / fact. " So true, I think people tend to look up to some Musicians as some sort of Demi-God. Truth is the truth gets distorted by idle chatter! P.S: Tell Nick he should have gone to Specksavers. lol. "
" These people don’t phase me at all, they don’t know half of what went on back then! Fortunately I still have my memories, diaries and photos to remind me of the day's. And no one can take that away from me..."
" I was in that boardroom when Ozzy bit the head of the dove. The whole charade was all about introducing Ozzy to the senior execs of CBS USA. Nothing more nothing less. Just because I have not written a bio of this time in my life does not mean to say that it didn't happen. Maybe one day I will publish all my memories of the time who knows. "
" Ok Shaun, you can use what you want of this, as long as you clean all the typos and spelling mistakes up.."




I'd say that it was more a wild exaggeration than a figure of speech to state that Dave Tangye was around 'day and night' as Ozzy's PA for the duration of the 1980-'81 period, it also suggests that you're talking about the original band, i.e. a month after the band got together to the end of March '81, which is why I commented.
Dave Tangye was Ozzy's 'minder' on the UK tour (approx 7 weeks) as both he and I stated, but he wasn't mentioned in the UK tour programme with the other crew members. He was also at Ridge Farm for approx 6 weeks during the recording of Diary, which he didn't mention. So during approx 70 weeks that the original band worked together, Dave Tangye was around for approx 13 weeks and not 100% of the time as you suggested. I'm giving information about that time in the UK, I'm not attempting to change history but to establish it.

Shaun, you seem determined to stir shit where there is none and make mountains out of molehills. You wrongly informed me and Dave Tangye, that two of his photos appeared in Bob's book and were uncredited, and you told me that, in your opinion, Dave Tangye should get a free copy of Bob's book because you got a free copy for the 2 photos that you submitted. I then informed you that NONE OF DAVE TANGYE'S PHOTOS APPEAR IN BOB'S BOOK. Bob then had to contact DT to set the record straight.
The photo of Bob and Randy taken outside of a castle is on Bob's website and it's always been credited to Dave Tangye. Bob was asked where it was taken and he said that the only castle he visited during that time was Clearwell. Nick says the photo looks like Clearwell and he lives in the area. Dave says it was taken at Cheptow. Here are some photos of Chepstow for those who, like me, have never visited the place....
http://cadw.wales.gov.uk/daysout/chepst ... e/?lang=en

There's no record of any sightseeing trip or day out with Dave Tangye in Bob's diary but according to DT the photo could only have been taken during the UK tour, you've got the dates/venues so maybe you can work out what they were doing in the area.

I've spoken to Steven Machat on more than one occasion and he revealed some very interesting information about those days, but I wouldn't know who was at the CBS meeting in LA, where a dead bird's head landed or which crew members were on tour with Ozzy in the US. I meant no disrespect whatsoever to Dave Tangye and I'm certainly not 'dissing' him. My comments referred only to your misleading exaggeration, Shaun. Please stop being a wind-up merchant and get your facts right before you shoot off at the mouth. Feel free to post this back to Dave Tangye if you want to waste more of his time.

Quote:
I was wondering Sky, i hope you don't mind me asking, what was your roll in the Blizzard of Ozz? Did you work for the organization, or did you work for Bob back then? Please forgive me if this has been asked before. You seem to have alot of cool and interesting insight on things.



Hi, I had no role whatsoever in the Blizzard of Ozz, I wasn't on any payroll. I'm just a friend of Bob Daisley's from before Blizzard days. I was also a student at the Guildhall where Randy took a few lessons and that's the reason that I joined UR in the first place, I wanted to find out about Randy and his work before he arrived in the UK. Unfortunately, I'm now seen only as Bob's spokesperson because I helped him to edit his book etc. but when I post or comment on this forum I'm giving my opinions based on my observations, Bob doesn't need me to speak for him and he's never asked me to.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:25 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
Sky wrote:
Shaun, you seem determined to stir shit where there is none and make mountains out of molehills. You wrongly informed me and Dave Tangye, that two of his photos appeared in Bob's book and were uncredited, and you told me that, in your opinion, Dave Tangye should get a free copy of Bob's book because you got a free copy for the 2 photos that you submitted. I then informed you that NONE OF DAVE TANGYE'S PHOTOS APPEAR IN BOB'S BOOK. Bob then had to contact DT to set the record straight.

Stirring shit!!! your dragging up an issue that happened months ago and if you check your emails i said i'd made a mistake and i had contacted Dave and explained why i had assumed the photos to be his. I'll kick up the dust if i'm being walked over and put down by someone who is less in the know on an issue. Like your having to stick up for Nick, this had nothing to do with you until you stuck your 2 pence worth in. I'm defending Dave here, so i gather your just being Bob's mouth piece again..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:46 pm 
Madman

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 360
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Sky wrote:
Shaun, you seem determined to stir shit where there is none and make mountains out of molehills. You wrongly informed me and Dave Tangye, that two of his photos appeared in Bob's book and were uncredited, and you told me that, in your opinion, Dave Tangye should get a free copy of Bob's book because you got a free copy for the 2 photos that you submitted. I then informed you that NONE OF DAVE TANGYE'S PHOTOS APPEAR IN BOB'S BOOK. Bob then had to contact DT to set the record straight.
Quote:
Stirring shit!!! your dragging up an issue that happened months ago and if you check your emails i said i'd made a mistake and i had contacted Dave and explained why i had assumed the photos to be his. I'll kick up the dust if i'm being walked over and put down by someone who is less in the know on an issue. Like your having to stick up for Nick, this had nothing to do with you until you stuck your 2 pence worth in. I'm defending Dave here, so i gather your just being Bob's mouth piece again..


Yes , you are shit-stirring as usual Shaun. I brought up the fact that WITHOUT CHECKING you informed Dave Tangye that 2 of his pictures were being used in Bob's book, because it's typical of your behaviour. Yes you apologised for being wrong but THE DAMAGE HAD ALREADY BEEN DONE! Now you're at it again, talking shite without checking facts, getting your knickers in a twist and running to Dave Tangye to tell tales. Now you say you're sticking up for him... How exactly? I'm not calling Dave Tangye a liar, I'm calling you a twat. You're acting like a fuckin' child, get a grip.
I stated that Nick said the castle in the picture looks like Clearwell and he lives near there, how is that sticking up for him? Dave Tangye says the castle is Chepstow, I posted a link so that people can look for themselves and make up their own minds because unlike you, I don't give a fuck who or what people believe, but I'll say what I think.
Lately you've shown nothing but disrespect for Bob, you've disrespected Randy's family for years, and now it's my turn because I dared to comment on another post which you saw as sticking my 2 pence worth in. And there was I thinking that this was a fucking forum!!!
For the record, Bob Daisley doesn't need me to be his 'mouthpiece' and he never has, he personally answers every message to everyone who writes to his site and FB. The only time I've ever mentioned people on this site to Bob Daisley has been to do with his book, or when people LIKE YOU have asked me to get books signed, or when I've been asked by people on here to pass messages on, or post his opinion. I've never used UR to advertise Bob's book, I don't plug his interviews and I've never posted any links to reviews about his work... Some 'mouthpiece'!
.

_________________
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:49 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Well for the record i've just asked Dave Tangye about his position when working for Ozzy and he is still saying that he worked for Ozzy as his PA and he did the security for the 1981 USA tour. OK he was not with Ozzy night and day but he was with him for a good duration while he was in the blizzard band. Nick i asked him about the photograph below. I also asked Bob about the photo a while ago and he did say it was at Clearwell castle. Dave Tangye was not at Clearwell castle during the pre-production. He is saying the location is at Chepstow castle they went for a day out and he is sticking to his word on this one. I'm looking at the moat behind them does Clearwell castle have or did it have a moat in 1980.
These are a few quotes from my chat with Dave.
"I don't need to say anything to anyone regarding my association with Ozzy Osbourne. Tell Troy Jackson from me that you can't change history..!!! "
" I worked on the Blizzard of Ozz 1980 UK tour as well as the first 1981 US tour "
" The photo that he is talking about was taken by me outside Chepstow Castle. "
Q " Is that not Clearwell castle in Monmouth the photo of Bob and RR outside the castle with the battlements etc behind them." A - " No definitely not!!! As I have said it was taken by me out side the walls of Chepstow Castle. I have the negatives to prove my copyright...I'm afraid Bob has got it wrong, He is not infallible you know!...."
" Just to reiterate Shaun, I was not present at the Clearwell Castle pre-production. So how the fuck do I have the photo of Bob and Randy ?.." Fair comment Dave!!
" We collectively did go there as a day out sightseeing, nothing more nothing less. Believe me or believe me not that's the whole truth?..."
" I don't care if these pricks try to diss me because I was there and seen it with my own two eyes. "
This is in reply to believing everything that Bob tells you has to be 100% true / fact. " So true, I think people tend to look up to some Musicians as some sort of Demi-God. Truth is the truth gets distorted by idle chatter! P.S: Tell Nick he should have gone to Specksavers. lol. "
" These people don’t phase me at all, they don’t know half of what went on back then! Fortunately I still have my memories, diaries and photos to remind me of the day's. And no one can take that away from me..."
" I was in that boardroom when Ozzy bit the head of the dove. The whole charade was all about introducing Ozzy to the senior execs of CBS USA. Nothing more nothing less. Just because I have not written a bio of this time in my life does not mean to say that it didn't happen. Maybe one day I will publish all my memories of the time who knows. "
" Ok Shaun, you can use what you want of this, as long as you clean all the typos and spelling mistakes up.."



First of all Shaun Clearwell is not in MONMOUTH. Monmouth is in WALES a completely different country .Clearwell is in Gloucestershire ENGLAND.

A good friend of mine who has WORKED on Clearwell Castle doing restoration saw this photo and said " its around the other side of Clearwell castle walls near to the lake "

That is NOT Chepstow castle that is Clearwell Castle .For a start Chepstow doesnt even have a moat or battlements like that Shaun .Ive lived here for 34 years and i know both Clearwell and Chepstow very well and have visited them both as a kid and adult and also because Bob Daisley confirmed he had never visited any Castle in Chepstow it doesnt matter how many times Dave Tangye says its Chepstow it isnt i will take some photographs in the next week and prove it.

Next thing you know your lover the preacher wolfe will be chiming in claiming he was there when the photo was taken...

Shaun do you think you could make yourself look any fucking more stupid apart from hanging yourself upside down singing songs in geordie? I mean youve slated Randy Rhoads` family pissed off Bob Daisley with your twatish behaviour and now Troy .I know you arent very bright and im taking that into account believe me but ffs give it a rest.

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:27 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
I wish you'd shut the fuck up about your obsession for Monnow valley etc.. It fkn bores me...bring on the photos.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:59 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
I wish you'd shut the fuck up about your obsession for Monnow valley etc.. It fkn bores me...bring on the photos.


I didnt mention Monnow Valley. Thats a completely different place again. Looks like next week ill be teaching you Geography, History and English...yawn.

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:14 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Well for the record i've just asked Dave Tangye about his position when working for Ozzy and he is still saying that he worked for Ozzy as his PA and he did the security for the 1981 USA tour. OK he was not with Ozzy night and day but he was with him for a good duration while he was in the blizzard band. Nick i asked him about the photograph below. I also asked Bob about the photo a while ago and he did say it was at Clearwell castle. Dave Tangye was not at Clearwell castle during the pre-production. He is saying the location is at Chepstow castle they went for a day out and he is sticking to his word on this one. I'm looking at the moat behind them does Clearwell castle have or did it have a moat in 1980.
These are a few quotes from my chat with Dave.
"I don't need to say anything to anyone regarding my association with Ozzy Osbourne. Tell Troy Jackson from me that you can't change history..!!! "
" I worked on the Blizzard of Ozz 1980 UK tour as well as the first 1981 US tour "
" The photo that he is talking about was taken by me outside Chepstow Castle. "
Q " Is that not Clearwell castle in Monmouth the photo of Bob and RR outside the castle with the battlements etc behind them." A - " No definitely not!!! As I have said it was taken by me out side the walls of Chepstow Castle. I have the negatives to prove my copyright...I'm afraid Bob has got it wrong, He is not infallible you know!...."
" Just to reiterate Shaun, I was not present at the Clearwell Castle pre-production. So how the fuck do I have the photo of Bob and Randy ?.." Fair comment Dave!!
" We collectively did go there as a day out sightseeing, nothing more nothing less. Believe me or believe me not that's the whole truth?..."
" I don't care if these pricks try to diss me because I was there and seen it with my own two eyes. "
This is in reply to believing everything that Bob tells you has to be 100% true / fact. " So true, I think people tend to look up to some Musicians as some sort of Demi-God. Truth is the truth gets distorted by idle chatter! P.S: Tell Nick he should have gone to Specksavers. lol. "
" These people don’t phase me at all, they don’t know half of what went on back then! Fortunately I still have my memories, diaries and photos to remind me of the day's. And no one can take that away from me..."
" I was in that boardroom when Ozzy bit the head of the dove. The whole charade was all about introducing Ozzy to the senior execs of CBS USA. Nothing more nothing less. Just because I have not written a bio of this time in my life does not mean to say that it didn't happen. Maybe one day I will publish all my memories of the time who knows. "
" Ok Shaun, you can use what you want of this, as long as you clean all the typos and spelling mistakes up.."





To Shaun, The photo of Randy and me was Clearwell Castle where we did pre-production before recording the first Blizzard album in March, 1980. We were in Monmouth together but that was prior to Clearwell, we were writing and auditioning drummers in Monmouth late 1979. It was early 1980 that we went into the studio at Ridge Farm, Surrey, to record the first Blizzard album. I lived in London at that time and Randy returned to America for Christmas 1979 and came back to continue writing and auditioning drummers early 1980 until we found Lee Kerslake. I hope this clears things up a bit for you.

Bob.

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:17 pm 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
I had the same message from Bob when i asked him about the pic ages ago i think i showed you it when you asked about Frank's post card. I have been having a look at Clearwell castle on google maps. Picking up on my geography of the area i've looked around the entire perimeter to see if it has any water in the shape of a lake or a moat ?. I cannot see one, has the lake been filled in ?. The ramparts of the castle that i have seen on photos do not have battlements. They are only on the square turrets. The turret on the Bob RR photo check out the battlements on the raised tower see the under slung parts with the block design. Non of the buildings inside the castle have this design. Are the battlements hidden by trees or have they been knocked down since 1980 ?. All the square turrets in the aerial photo on google maps have been on websites and non of them have that feature on the lower battlements. Before you go flying off with your comments of i've seen it and its definitely there. I'd like to see a photo of the area or the google map pin pointed where Bob and RR are standing. OK Dave Tangye could be mistaking but he's sure he was not at Clearwell castle. He has no reason to say he was there even Bob's photos do not show Dave on them. I'm sure he was there during his stint with Sabbath. His book does have a few mistakes and i know the photos at the Newcastle city hall gig are from 1977 not 1978. As Ozzy has a beard and he didn't have one in 1978. But they are definitely the city hall. Not to go shouting off or arguing the toss i'm curious to be proving right or wrong. Then i can say well Dave is making a mistake or Bob is. I'm going off what the guys are saying and both of them have no reason to say different. Dave saying how is the photo at Clearwell castle when he has never been there. We know Bob was there as he has other photos of the place. Interesting to see some photos of Deep Purple on the steps and in the garden on the web site.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:25 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
I had the same message from Bob when i asked him about the pic ages ago i think i showed you it when you asked about Frank's post card. I have been having a look at Clearwell castle on google maps. Picking up on my geography of the area i've looked around the entire perimeter to see if it has any water in the shape of a lake or a moat ?. I cannot see one, has the lake been filled in ?. The ramparts of the castle that i have seen on photos do not have battlements. They are only on the square turrets. The turret on the Bob RR photo check out the battlements on the raised tower see the under slung parts with the block design. Non of the buildings inside the castle have this design. Are the battlements hidden by trees or have they been knocked down since 1980 ?. All the square turrets in the aerial photo on google maps have been on websites and non of them have that feature on the lower battlements. Before you go flying off with your comments of i've seen it and its definitely there. I'd like to see a photo of the area or the google map pin pointed where Bob and RR are standing. OK Dave Tangye could be mistaking but he's sure he was not at Clearwell castle. He has no reason to say he was there even Bob's photos do not show Dave on them. I'm sure he was there during his stint with Sabbath. His book does have a few mistakes and i know the photos at the Newcastle city hall gig are from 1977 not 1978. As Ozzy has a beard and he didn't have one in 1978. But they are definitely the city hall. Not to go shouting off or arguing the toss i'm curious to be proving right or wrong. Then i can say well Dave is making a mistake or Bob is. I'm going off what the guys are saying and both of them have no reason to say different. Dave saying how is the photo at Clearwell castle when he has never been there. We know Bob was there as he has other photos of the place. Interesting to see some photos of Deep Purple on the steps and in the garden on the web site.



There are obviously parts of Clearwell which ive never seen or rarely get photographed but the battlements are exactly the same as all the photos ive included look closely ive added quite a few.
The lake is still there at Clearwell you can make it out on google earth you can also make out where the photo of the band was taken in Bobs book and ive included a photo without the band.It looks more like a canal that runs along the path with Bob and Randy in it. The Castle at Chepstow is 10th century Norman and mostly ruins also has rounded turrets and the battlements are hardly visible also the embankment is enormous and clearly visible all along the path. Clearwell is a Gothic 17th century Castle and a completely different design its clear on the photo that Randy and Bob are not stood near a Norman Castle from the 10th century .Here are some photos of Chepstow outside the grounds and this is where Dave T claims the photo was taken. By the way the other side of Chepstow Castle is a sheer drop into the river so this is only area outside the grounds that is accessible.

Dave T has been to Clearwell in his book " How Black was our Sabbath" its mentioned he was there a couple of times with another band when he wasnt with Sabbath.I think it was Necromancer or something similar in fact there is even a photo in the book of the band he was with at Clearwell .Hes also been to the house in Monmouth which is also mentioned in his book.

The easiest way to find out is ask Bob if Dave T was around at all when they did pre production.

The photos ive included of Purple and Coverdale are instantly recognizable at Clearwell when i took new photos today and compared them. The photo of Bob and Randy i was told was towards the lake /pond .


Attachments:
947dd0e43741d7f98a61954c7297c73c.jpg
947dd0e43741d7f98a61954c7297c73c.jpg [ 129.12 KiB | Viewed 1896 times ]
Clearwell 1.jpg
Clearwell 1.jpg [ 427.34 KiB | Viewed 1896 times ]
Clearwell 4.jpg
Clearwell 4.jpg [ 385.45 KiB | Viewed 1896 times ]
Clearwell 3.jpg
Clearwell 3.jpg [ 404.85 KiB | Viewed 1896 times ]
Clearwell 2.jpg
Clearwell 2.jpg [ 492.7 KiB | Viewed 1896 times ]
coverdale.jpg
coverdale.jpg [ 135.81 KiB | Viewed 1896 times ]
castle2.jpg [53.68 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
27.jpg
27.jpg [ 275.85 KiB | Viewed 1896 times ]

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Last edited by mojopin70 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:29 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
More photos of Clearwell and Chepstow.

Look at the photo of Bob and Randy and the battlements and then the battlements at Clearwell even the brickwork.


Attachments:
bob and randy1 (2).jpg
bob and randy1 (2).jpg [ 165.89 KiB | Viewed 1895 times ]
david-coverdale-of-pop-group-deep-purple-in-the-grounds-of-clearwell-castle.jpg
david-coverdale-of-pop-group-deep-purple-in-the-grounds-of-clearwell-castle.jpg [ 596.32 KiB | Viewed 1895 times ]
castle2.jpg [53.68 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:03 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
Google earth photo of Clearwell ive circled the lake/pond area in Bobs book and also the band photo . Picture of Purple outside the front with a photo i took today.
Included a couple of photos that show that the lake is still there and photographed frequently during wedding shoots...


Attachments:
Purple.jpg
Purple.jpg [ 976.78 KiB | Viewed 1893 times ]
RDM1108-002.jpg
RDM1108-002.jpg [ 117.92 KiB | Viewed 1893 times ]
BA-32.jpg
BA-32.jpg [ 303.35 KiB | Viewed 1893 times ]
Clearw..jpg
Clearw..jpg [ 259.43 KiB | Viewed 1893 times ]

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:36 pm 
Junior Member

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:30 pm
Posts: 26
Quote:
I was wondering Sky, i hope you don't mind me asking, what was your roll in the Blizzard of Ozz? Did you work for the organization, or did you work for Bob back then? Please forgive me if this has been asked before. You seem to have alot of cool and interesting insight on things.



Hi, I had no role whatsoever in the Blizzard of Ozz, I wasn't on any payroll. I'm just a friend of Bob Daisley's from before Blizzard days. I was also a student at the Guildhall where Randy took a few lessons and that's the reason that I joined UR in the first place, I wanted to find out about Randy and his work before he arrived in the UK. Unfortunately, I'm now seen only as Bob's spokesperson because I helped him to edit his book etc. but when I post or comment on this forum I'm giving my opinions based on my observations, Bob doesn't need me to speak for him and he's never asked me to.

Thanks Sky! I appreciate the reply! Yeah, I think it's pretty cool how Bob ain't afraid or bothered by interacting with the fans on his site/facebook page. I can't think of many other rock legends that give a shit about their fans like he does. That's how I see it anyway.

_________________
"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:38 am 
Mass Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 4425
The aerial google map photo is the big red circle the pond ?. I cannot get my bearings to the location where is the wall with the square turret at the centre. In the pic with RR and Bob, to the left of the photo you can see like an arched door way is that the one that is buried in the photo you can just see the top of it in the embankment rampart. Looks like i'm WRONG and so is DT. I apologise to anyone i have upset. Sorry pass the humble pie i need a large slice.
Nic can you put an X on the map to place the spot where RR and Bob are in the photo. As the photo you have taking is to the far left of that photo. I cannot see that turret and the blocked design i mentioned that is under the battlements that would be on the other side.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:50 pm 
Mass Poster

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm
Posts: 587
Yes the big red circle is the pond/lake and the small red circle is location where you can see the band photo in Bob`s book.Theres a photo i posted here of that location at the castle minus the band....

Im still trying to work it out Shaun they said i could drop by and have a look over at Clearwell but the current admin dont think there was ever a motte/moat but were in two minds whether it was taken there. But then theres never been one at Chepstow either and the embankment at Chepstow is massive i went up to the walls in Chepstow 2 days ago and they are also higher than in this photo and i ran down the embankment and nearly decked it because its so steep. In the Bob and Randy photo the ground is pretty level from the wall to the path they are standing on.I could post you 20 photos of Chepstow Castle and you wouldnt be able to match the Bob and Randy photo with any part of it not only that on the other side is a sheer drop to the river . Chepstow is 900 years old and Norman and Clearwell is only 300 years or so old and Mock Gothic .If Dave T didnt join until the uk tour. They wouldnt have come near Chepstow. I think they played Cardiff? and Bristol? which would be the closest locations to Chepstow. What are the uk tour dates from the start or the tour?

_________________
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 6   [ 84 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net