The Contracts - It Is Complicated

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Re: The Contracts - It Is Complicated

Post by whoopiecat »

Sorry Cred, it's the fact that you specifically posted to complain no one was talking about your topic. Twice.
It happens to lots of topics, around here, as well as forums all over the web.
Conversation will eventually lead back to the topic at hand.
Don't be sad...
~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

mojopin70 wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Duh. Do you realise how stupid you both appear to people?

I bet youve spent your whole life in Newcastle . Wolfe can barely move so thats his excuse sat on his big fat backside typing his self righteous nonsense-it makes my eyes hurt! and to top it off he actually thinks hes humourous. Hes neither humble or humourous!

Sorry, I had to say it, I had to!
Nice touch nick having to get personal and start ripping the piss out of people .. Very classy!! 'the wonders of the edit feature'...
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Duh. Do you realise how stupid you both appear to people?

I bet youve spent your whole life in Newcastle . Wolfe can barely move so thats his excuse sat on his big fat backside typing his self righteous nonsense-it makes my eyes hurt! and to top it off he actually thinks hes humourous. Hes neither humble or humourous!

Sorry, I had to say it, I had to!
Nice touch nick having to get personal and start ripping the piss out of people .. Very classy!! 'the wonders of the edit feature'...
Hypocrite.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Say it as it is mate i don't need to hide behind what i say or have any need for deleting my posts after i've typed them out...say it man, get it off your chest.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Mr. Wolfe wrote:
shred1 wrote:I THOUGHT it would be an interesting topic....
Never mind.
It is interesting and there were some comments made to that effect. When was the last time a thread here didn't go off topic?

Now, back on topic, how did you come across this video? Specifically searching or did you just happen across it?

Paul is this a joke? :shock:

For the record, I was wrong about this book and about Randy. I stand by my feelings of being offended by some of his behavior presented in the book as well as the idea that some folks think that behavior is somehow 'cool'.
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

It IS an interesting topic but as usual Shaun knows best. Doesnt matter that Machat was an important music industry lawyer who worked with the Ardens who has told credible stories.

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

mojopin70 wrote:Ozzy was pissed off with being under CBS . Thats why he bit the Dove`s head off at the meeting.
Nick it all started with you putting my comment down 'in a, i know it best scenario ' i write something but you know better. I posted up the photos to say Machat's comment about spitting the head of the dove into the girls lap etc. Another one who cannot tell a story straight look at the photos they are before and after. Look at the blood on Ozzy's leg and the doves head is in the shot, look closely. I know it was a meeting for Ozzy to get 'signed up' with CBS not what you mentioned above. I have heard this mentioned loads of times in interviews. It was all a big stunt to try to impress the A&R people at CBS to get a deal with them.
Then i go onto to mention Tangye was there, and you think he's full of shit cos he didn't recognise a photo from 1976. that guy was Ozzy's PA he was with him night and fkn day for all the 1980 - 1981 period. Who's the know it all now... You've read Bob's book 3 times and your a fkn expert on every thing mentioned here. You'll have to get to the library mate i'm too switched on for your juvenile rantings you couldn't tie my shoe laces.
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

mojopin70 wrote:
Mr. Wolfe wrote:
shred1 wrote:I THOUGHT it would be an interesting topic....
Never mind.
It is interesting and there were some comments made to that effect. When was the last time a thread here didn't go off topic?

Now, back on topic, how did you come across this video? Specifically searching or did you just happen across it?

Paul is this a joke? :shock:

For the record, I was wrong about this book and about Randy. I stand by my feelings of being offended by some of his behavior presented in the book as well as the idea that some folks think that behavior is somehow 'cool'.
Is what a joke, you included two different quotes.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

since this is more about Ozzy than the rest of the band, I'm moving it to Ozzys section,
go on with the mudslinging and it will end up in the OffTopic section ;)

think about it :)
shred1
Madman

Post by shred1 »

Considering that Sharon Osbourne has been cast as the person who fucked it all up, it is interesting to find out who was really 'pulling the strings' on the business side.
Much debate about this very topic.... here, a couple seasons ago.

Back then, I suggested that Don Arden had a larger role in all this than Sharon. That was heavily ridiculed.

Without bias, Machat's interview offers much clarity on how things went down. It wasn't all Sharon.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
mojopin70 wrote:Ozzy was pissed off with being under CBS . Thats why he bit the Dove`s head off at the meeting.
Nick it all started with you putting my comment down 'in a, i know it best scenario ' i write something but you know better. I posted up the photos to say Machat's comment about spitting the head of the dove into the girls lap etc. Another one who cannot tell a story straight look at the photos they are before and after. Look at the blood on Ozzy's leg and the doves head is in the shot, look closely. I know it was a meeting for Ozzy to get 'signed up' with CBS not what you mentioned above. I have heard this mentioned loads of times in interviews. It was all a big stunt to try to impress the A&R people at CBS to get a deal with them.
Then i go onto to mention Tangye was there, and you think he's full of shit cos he didn't recognise a photo from 1976. that guy was Ozzy's PA he was with him night and fkn day for all the 1980 - 1981 period. Who's the know it all now... You've read Bob's book 3 times and your a fkn expert on every thing mentioned here. You'll have to get to the library mate i'm too switched on for your juvenile rantings you couldn't tie my shoe laces.
You are projecting Shaun you are doing it unconsciously.I bet you couldnt tie your shoe laces either!

Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

[
that guy was Ozzy's PA he was with him night and fkn day for all the 1980 - 1981 period.
That's total bollocks Shaun. Dave Tangye was Ozzy's friend who joined the road crew as Ozzy's 'MINDER' for the UK tour. He was at Ridge Farm and turned up on the odd occasion at other places to see Ozzy, but he certainly was NOT Ozzy's PA and he DEFINITELY wasn't with him every day and/or night for the 1980-81 period. You really shouldn't believe everything that you'd like to believe, many people who were around in those days are still around today to speak out. I'm one of 'em.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
tihsyloh

Post by tihsyloh »

I was wondering Sky, i hope you don't mind me asking, what was your roll in the Blizzard of Ozz? Did you work for the organization, or did you work for Bob back then? Please forgive me if this has been asked before. You seem to have alot of cool and interesting insight on things.
"But they're not blind, Its just that they won't see."[color=#0040FF][/color]
Mr. Wolfe
Cool Member

Post by Mr. Wolfe »

shred1 wrote:Considering that Sharon Osbourne has been cast as the person who fucked it all up, it is interesting to find out who was really 'pulling the strings' on the business side.
Much debate about this very topic.... here, a couple seasons ago.

Back then, I suggested that Don Arden had a larger role in all this than Sharon. That was heavily ridiculed.

Without bias, Machat's interview offers much clarity on how things went down. It wasn't all Sharon.

Wasn't it Sharon's brother who originally was to manage the band? I think Sharon gets the blame because she's been so vocal over the years...

Another question, didn't Arden manage Sabbath through all those years when management took their money and left them with nothing to show for it? Maybe they chose to back Ozzy because they figured he was least likely to catch on to the bullshit?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Sky wrote:[
that guy was Ozzy's PA he was with him night and fkn day for all the 1980 - 1981 period.
That's total bollocks Shaun. Dave Tangye was Ozzy's friend who joined the road crew as Ozzy's 'MINDER' for the UK tour. He was at Ridge Farm and turned up on the odd occasion at other places to see Ozzy, but he certainly was NOT Ozzy's PA and he DEFINITELY wasn't with him every day and/or night for the 1980-81 period. You really shouldn't believe everything that you'd like to believe, many people who were around in those days are still around today to speak out. I'm one of 'em.
A figure of speech saying he was with him night and day. But to my knowledge and going from what Dave has told me he was Ozzy's PA and worked for him on the 1980 and the 1981 USA tour he did have time out around the Palladium dates and rejoined the tour for the Tampa date. He is credited in the 1981 USA tour programme as Security. He was present at the CBS meeting and if he has anything to say to add to this or to say its total bollocks i'm sure he will let you know.