Black Sabbath, at there worst with Ozzy?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Black Sabbath, at there worst with Ozzy?

Post by skezza »

Tony is way way too sharp, his tone is so high, must be at least one semitone possibly two. And because of this Ozzy cant even keep his voice at the same pitch, i wonder if this was a trick to force ozzy out the band as this was 1978!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_3SDVNja3Y

Horrible just horrible!
Ivar

Post by Ivar »

I've seen a video from the same concert of Paranoid at VH1e. It's horrible too :-P.
CrazyBrain

Post by CrazyBrain »

It's a shame such a bad show was released as the only official live video.
They did great shows even if not so frequently in 1978.
Rob200
Cool Member

Post by Rob200 »

CrazyBrain wrote:It's a shame such a bad show was released as the only official live video.
There was more officail/pro shot stuff with sabbath! There is...

Paris 1970
Don Krishner Rock Show
1974 California Jam
Never Say Die

Those are the most popular
"..After a week still I didn't believe it. You know I'm really proud and honored, and..I don't want to stop hear you know.."
Randy Rhoads @ the MTV Best New Talent Award
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Rob200 wrote:
CrazyBrain wrote:It's a shame such a bad show was released as the only official live video.
There was more officail/pro shot stuff with sabbath! There is...

Paris 1970
Don Krishner Rock Show
1974 California Jam
Never Say Die

Those are the most popular
this is why it makes sense Ozzy would want to mark the start of his new band with recording them on video. I can't believe they would not have recorded shows even on hand held video from the side of the stage.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Wolfie wrote:I can't believe they would not have recorded shows even on hand held video from the side of the stage.
That is a very real possibility, but the liklihood of seeing that stuff would be very rare. That type of thing would have been done for the band, not for release. They would have wanted a pro team to do the filming for a releaseable show.

Personally, I believe they did have plans to do a professionally shot concert on the Diary tour. The problem for us is that Randy died before that scheduled date. I just can't believe that they waited until Brad was in the band before scheduling to film a show. No offense to Brad, but Randy was THE guitarist, Brad was a replacement...
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

I personally love the official Never Say Die video. I admit Ozzy sounds a bit rough in parts but I still think most of the time he sounds great, and to me he looks like he's giving it his all, I also think he's great to watch. None of this "hunched over the microphone look" shuffling around the stage that we've had since the reunion, no, he's rockin' like a good un and has a fantastic stage prescence. Maybe its just me but I love the old tassled tops and the peace signs. I would give anything to be able to go back in time and see Sabbath in the 70's, preferably '75, but '78 would do. I remember first buying this video back in the early eighties and I thought it was awesome, and to this day I still love digging it out and playing it. To me it's far better than the official solo video releases such as Bark at the Moon and The Ultimate Ozzy, there a bit too pantomime for me.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll