Where you there when Ozz...?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Rob200
Cool Member

Where you there when Ozz...?

Post by Rob200 »

Hey I was wondering if any of you witnessed Ozzy bitting the head of that bat in Iowa back in 1982?
"..After a week still I didn't believe it. You know I'm really proud and honored, and..I don't want to stop hear you know.."
Randy Rhoads @ the MTV Best New Talent Award
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

This as a good question! I hope we get someone to speak about it. :)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I saw him take a mouthfull of someone's piss from a bottle and spit it into the crowd !!!!!!!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
lil_miz_rhoads
Cool Member

Post by lil_miz_rhoads »

Trigger wrote:I saw him take a mouthfull of someone's piss from a bottle and spit it into the crowd !!!!!!!
ewwwwwwwwwwww!!! :?
My life is a Black abyss...
XXMisunderstoodXX
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Trigger wrote:I saw him take a mouthfull of someone's piss from a bottle and spit it into the crowd !!!!!!!
Donington '84 by any chance.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

....WTF Ozzy. Bottles of piss?
Actually, I'm not to surprised. :lol:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Fozzy41 wrote:
Donington '84 by any chance.
Indeed, I was shocked, stunned and laughing all in one.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

This is a little bit off topic but i can remember seeing a set of photos of Ozzy on stage from the Bark at the..Tour.these photos showed Ozzy with blood on his chin as though he had just wiped his mouth..I'll try and find one of these to post up.But it makes me think if he had done something similar ? I don't think he did the WASP Blackie Lawless thing with theatrical blood etc...plus the meat slingging days stopped...So i am thinking that it could of been another biting into something episode.. :?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I remember a guy going by the name basalt at the .tk board years ago argued that the bat incident never actually happened.

According to him, when Randy was asked about the incident at the seminar in PA, Randy kind of blew off the question, like he didn't want to lie about it. This guy also pointed out that Ozzy tells the story that he bit into this thing and Sharon looked aghast, "What are you doing? That was real!!" How would Sharon know it was a real bat, from the side of the stage?

Basalt was a character, but he made pretty strong case that the whole bat biting episode was nothing more than a publicity stunt. Personally, I believe he the original account sounds true enough - that Ozzy assumed it was a toy and bit into it. Of course, Ozzy being an alcoholic, whose memory isn't always clear, the story has changed a bit over time, and he and Sharon love to embellish things...

As for photos of Ozzy with blood near his mouth, those could be from the Blizzard of Ozz meeting at CBS Records when Ozzy did bite the head off a dove. You can see the dove in his hand.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I don't think doctors would willingly give out rabies treatments unless they were positive the person could have been infected. And apparently Sharon saw the wings flap from the side of the stage. Ozzy bit the head off a dove, why not another creature?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:As for photos of Ozzy with blood near his mouth, those could be from the Blizzard of Ozz meeting at CBS Records when Ozzy did bite the head off a dove. You can see the dove in his hand.
Paul the time line is from the Bark tour what i'm on about i can tell just by the stage clothes and hair style of Ozzy I'll try to post a photo up.I can see your point about this being a publicity stunt but i honestly think that he did bite the bat.Just by mistake i think Ozzy didn't know what he'd done until it was to late.I think the dove biting incident was definately a publicity stunt and it worked.Who would go to a job interview and make a total twat of themselves if you thought that this would help your carreer ?.It was the making of Ozzy and actions speak louder then words and it was talked about for years to come including now !!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

NicDots wrote:I don't think doctors would willingly give out rabies treatments unless they were positive the person could have been infected. And apparently Sharon saw the wings flap from the side of the stage. Ozzy bit the head off a dove, why not another creature?
Of course no one saw Ozzy get rabies shots... we only heard the story.

I do agree with you, though.

From the Guitar Seminar at Music City in Greensburg, PA 2-2-82 as transcribed by .TK's Ironface:
Fan: Did he really chew a bats head off?

(Laughter from crowd)

RR: I got asked that earlier.(Chuckles)

(More laughter from crowd)

RR: I’ll leave it to your imagination.
And GUITARIDOL, I heard Ozzy was SMASHED on Courvoisier at the time of that CBS records meeting. Ozzy has been known to do a few insane things while drunk.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
NicDots wrote:I don't think doctors would willingly give out rabies treatments unless they were positive the person could have been infected. And apparently Sharon saw the wings flap from the side of the stage. Ozzy bit the head off a dove, why not another creature?
Of course no one saw Ozzy get rabies shots... we only heard the story.
Uh, there are pictures of it, Pablo. :lol: They've got them on some Biography program of Sharon's that aired on Lifetime or something like that. Rudy Sarzo also recounts Ozzy's bat bat chomping.
And as for Randy not really going into it, I can see why. It was a music seminar, and not a place for him to really get into. I'm sure he wanted to show off some riffs and licks rather than talk about his nutty singer. :lol:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Don Airey mentions this in a Kerrang article from February 1982