Ozzy for two more albums

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Ozzy for two more albums

Post by rice_pudding »

i stumbled across this story:

Ozzy Osbourne has revealed that he will make two more albums then draw the curtain on his music career.

Speaking to USA Today, the Black Sabbath rocker admitted that the LPs may take some time as he is struggling to master the music software he intended to use to record the new material.

He said: "I am recording another album soon. I've got a ProTools machine downstairs in my house now, I record from home now. I can't turn the f***ing thing on. It's like the brain of the house.

"But when you have somebody who knows what they are doing, it's so easy to make records now, it's not even funny. The art of making records is somewhat diminishing. It's taking the passion out of it. But I will try to give it as much real me as I can."

He added: "I want to make two albums. Make one and go out on that one, and make another one and go out on that. Time is very valuable to me now. I'm 60 this December. It doesn't seem ten years since I was 50, it really doesn't. My mission now is to do as much as I can."
sourced from:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a1202 ... lbums.html

Rob
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Thats sad.. But hey, 60 years old? Wow. He really is a living rock legend.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Sharon said to billboard.com that Ozzy actually renewed his contract with Epic for 3 more albums, not 2. I wonder if Ozzy knows. :lol:
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

NicDots wrote:Sharon said to billboard.com that Ozzy actually renewed his contract with Epic for 3 more albums, not 2. I wonder if Ozzy knows. :lol:
"SHARON!!!! I'm not gonna do it!!!!!"

And so another new "I'm not doing it" album and tour happened. :lol:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

maybe a third album would be live, another fairwell tour type thing like live and loud?

Ozyy with Pro Tools though :?: i can't imagine how on earth that works :lol:

Rob
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I always enjoy hearing new Ozzy albums and I look forward to hearing at least 2 more. I hope he adds some new blood into the band for the recordings I would love to hear a new drummer in the band.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

maybe he should invite as many artists as possible to participate? More Lemmy collaborations would be good. It would be nice to see Bob or Jake lay down a couple more tracks too but i doubt that would happen...

Who would you like as a drummer Trigger?

Rob
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I think the day Bob works with Ozzy again is the day pigs fly.
Lemmy is by far a better writing foil for Ozzy and Geezer even more so. Ozzmosis is my favorite Ozzy album.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I think Ozzy should of retired a good few albums ago. I haven't been a great fan of his last albums i.e Black Rain etc and i think the last album he done of any great value was No More Tears.I put this down to the writing and all the Ozzy albums that have been good have either been down to people like Bob Daisley Lemmy Randy Rhoads. $haron should let Ozzy retire while he can enjoy his retirement instead of being pushed onto stage and into the recording studios for the money, not the love of doing it..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Double post :oops:
Last edited by GUITARIDOL5682 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

The more and more I think about it, the more and more I think Ozzy just likes doing it and can't think of better things to do. Besides, his albums still sell and so do tickets (Dallas, i.e). I think Ozzy's got the right to do whatever he wants to do at the end of the day.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

+1

ozzy may be a little burnt out these days but i dont think he would really be happy retired.

he should just throw the book out the window and do whatever he likes on these last albums.

Rob
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I would love to have an Ozzy/Book of Shadows type thing!
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Well I haven't really liked anything Ozzy has put since No More Tears, but I will continue to buy his albums...

I would love to see him get some fresh blood in the band....I'm sick of the Zakk Wylde sound....To me he ruined Ozzy....I'm not saying he's not a great guitarist, just he should never have come back when he left the first time....His first 2 Ozzy albums are great, the other 3 studios albums are a little better than horrible(IMO)....

I'd love to see some 20 year old nobody with some new ideas get the job and help Ozzy write a few more kick ass albums.....
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's pure torture watching an ageing Ozzy trying to be 25 again on stage.He just doesn't have that same energy and stage presence he had years ago.He seems to be far too rehearsed in his antics on stage.His singing Live these days goes from bad to worse.When he does his attempts at his 'leap frogging' he looks like he needs a zimmer frame LOL!.Don't think i don't love the guy he is a very wild, great humoured man and his days of Rock N Roll are over IMHO.I do believe he likes playing Live for his own entertainment but i think he should really think about retiring before $haron works him into the grave.