Tony Iommi: Iron Man

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRFAN123456789

Tony Iommi: Iron Man

Post by RRFAN123456789 »

I'm currently reading this book (I got it a few hours ago and I'm already on page 196). anyways, what did you guys think of it? I really like it. It gives more details of the Polka Tulk/Earth Days than "I Am Ozzy" does. When I went to the Books a Million I wanted to get "Trust Me I'm Dr Ozzy" but I only had enough for the book I got, and a Dr Pepper. I don't know if I should get "Trust Me I'm Dr Ozzy". Is it a good comedy book, or is it completely serious? I know the cover looks kinda like it's a comedy book, but I'm not sure. Anyway, what do you guys think of Tony's book compared to Ozzy's. I honestly like Tony's better.
RIP
Randy Rhoads
12/6/1956-3/19/1982
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Tony Iommi: Iron Man

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

RRFAN123456789 wrote:I'm currently reading this book (I got it a few hours ago and I'm already on page 196). anyways, what did you guys think of it? I really like it. It gives more details of the Polka Tulk/Earth Days than "I Am Ozzy" does. When I went to the Books a Million I wanted to get "Trust Me I'm Dr Ozzy" but I only had enough for the book I got, and a Dr Pepper. I don't know if I should get "Trust Me I'm Dr Ozzy". Is it a good comedy book, or is it completely serious? I know the cover looks kinda like it's a comedy book, but I'm not sure. Anyway, what do you guys think of Tony's book compared to Ozzy's. I honestly like Tony's better.
I got the book for a Christmas present. I couldn't put it down once i started the first couple of chapters. It gave a great detailed picture of Tony and how the friction between the band turned sour etc. Very much warts n' all and he talks about his life very openly. His wife, girlfriends, drug, drink abuse and the music. I thought it was much better then 'I Am Ozzy'. As far as the 'Trust Me' book it is what you said, a funny side of Ozzy and his ailments and advice. I would spend your money on the Garry Sharpe Young book Ozzy Osbourne. That is a very detailed account of how the original band got together and it covers many interviews from ex band members. One of the better Ozzy books out there.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

I actually went to Tony's book signing last October in Sheffield. Brilliant to meet the great man, even though it was all a bit rushed. Enjoyed the book. Especially the early says of Sabbath and how Tony was the driving force of the band, great read. Tony often keeps things close to his chest and although he does reveal quite a lot I didn't already know, he does skip large chunks of certain time periods, maybe it's just me but I wanted to know more about recording of albums and more antics on the road, but thats just me.
Didn't know John Bonham was his Best Man.
I prefered Ozzy's book to be honest, only 'cos it has funnier stories in it, but still really enjoyed Tony's. Shame there was no mention of the recent lawsuit, but I suppose thats understandable really.
Trust Me I'm Dr Ozzy? Don't waste youre money, fucking shite, this must be aimed at his post Osbourne's/ media celebrity fanbase, not fans of his music.
To get a good overview of Sabbath and Ozzy I think you need 4 books, the Garry Sharpe Young book that Shaun mentions, also check How Black was Our Sabbath written by Dave Tangye and Graham Wright, and Ozzy and Tony's books, there ya go, happy reading.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

I like the part where Tony said the first time John Bonham met Dio they almost got into a fight cause as Dio was walking off stage John said "He has a great voice for a midget".

It is a good read
Live Life Stronger Than Death