Black Sabbath are back together!

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stiltzkin

Re: Black Sabbath are back together!

Post by Stiltzkin »

...and now Bill Ward is out of the equation :(

In all honesty, from a pure musical perspective,
I believe the best thing they could've done, and DID,
was the HEAVEN & HELL album :!:

From a more economic perspective, I guess making up
with Ozzy makes sense :wink:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

its not Sabbath without Bill! it isn't sabbath with anyone but the four founding members.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Sabbath without Bill on drums just isn't Sabbath, he's is as key to the sound as Ozzy imo

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Nicole posted this on Facebook... seems that Bill's son is tired of the 'fans' talking trash about his dad pulling out of the Sabbath reunion.

I haven't read up on the situation, but if it is a contractual thing, I hope whoever is in charge can see that all 4 guys made Sabbath what it was and a 'reunion' without all 4 is not Sabbath any more than Gary Rossington playing onstage with a bunch of guys is Lynyrd Skynyrd...
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

What all the bitchin' arseholes are forgeting is the health of Tony Iommi. Regardless of Bill's situation this could be the last time the band ever play as the original four piece. I'm sure Bill realises this and any numb nut who is hitting Bill for general shit because they want to see them gigging. He's no fool and i'm sure he's tredding carefully so he doesn't get dragged through the courts like Tony did over the use of the Black Sabbath name and merchendise etc. I just hope Tony pulls through, and is fit enough to do this. If all else fails they'll just get someone like Vinnie Appice. They've done it before without Bill, but it would be cool to see them back together again Well see eh!. :wink:
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Alex wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Nicole posted this on Facebook... seems that Bill's son is tired of the 'fans' talking trash about his dad pulling out of the Sabbath reunion.
I saw that one as well. It is a shame that people are generally too feeble-minded to fully grasp the whole picture.

Bill deserves better than this.
Yeah, but that's just people, one piece of the jigsaw puzzle is enough.

I hope that things can get worked out, I mean after a lifetime of drama I would hope some common sense emerges!

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

NEW CONTRACT: They should all get equal quarters. plain and simple.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

SLAGER wrote:NEW CONTRACT: They should all get equal quarters. plain and simple.
Like that would happen :lol:
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

Stiltzkin wrote:
SLAGER wrote:NEW CONTRACT: They should all get equal quarters. plain and simple.
Like that would happen :lol:
Exactly...and therein lies the problem. If it is Ozzy that is causing the rift (because of his obvious extra value), then SHARON HAS TO BE THE PROBLEM. She manages Ozzy and is soley reponsible for his negotiations. Further proof....Sharon is a friggin suckass!!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Hey SLAGER, wasn't it Ozzy who led the charge to get Tony to split the rights to the name Black Sabbath because he felt that all four of them deserved to share the rights? Why would he try to get the Name split between the four of them and then screw bill on a reunion?
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

Yeah thats true because at that time Tony owned the BS name entirely. Ozzy sued him for the rights to it, which is why Tony had to change the name of his band to Heaven & Hell. Ozzy sure is one heck of a nice guy.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah it disgusts me when it all comes down to money and people being fucked over. The issue with the Black Sabbath name was all down to merchendise. When H&H went on tour and started to sell shirts showing the old H&H Mob Rules album covers. They are all licenced under the name Black Sabbath so the image and name has to be 'shared'. Or the way i see it, Ozzy being told from $haron that they can ca$h in on something they have not funded. Pay a lawyer, a quick day in court and the purse is full. Lets all rewind and remember that the name was Geezer's idea and out of all the band members Tony Iommi kept the band name going through various band, line up changes. Then when it would of suited the band at its best during the H&H Dio time. He gets the 'you cannot use it'. Why ?..

The issue with Bill Ward is plain and simple. Remember when Bill was ill and couldn't perform for the reunion or was it the Ozzfest 2002 tour ?. They got Mike Bordin to fill in, well he's been offered Mike Bordin wages to do the job. Less pay and that will include doing an album and the tour. "Bill stick to what you know mate and fuck the O$bournes". I thought Ozzy was your mate ?.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.