Black Sabbath Book

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Black Sabbath Book

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I got an email from Amazon dot com today saying I might be interested in this. For those who don't want to click on the link, it's called Sabbath Bloody Sabbath: The Battle for Black Sabbath, and it's about the fighting between Tony and Ozzy between 1977 and 1997.

Could be interesting....

Barneylovesbeagle

Post by Barneylovesbeagle »

Great book if you like that kind of stuff....
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Barneylovesbeagle wrote:Great book if you like that kind of stuff....
What kind of stuff is that? Reading? Or do you mean learning the history behind the Tony/Ozzy feud?
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

I think it would be a good read.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

I'm going to order this!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i've got this book although mine is a later edition (the title is changed to Black Sabbath: never say die! 1978-).
its a good read although i didn't find it as interesting as the authors other book on the ozzy osbourne band which is fantastic. the only downer is that it gets confusing in the middle when there are so many band members etc. coming and going - but i gues thats just a reflection of the turbulent times sabbath were going through in the mid eighties.
if you have any questions about the book feel free to ask
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I think the other book, Doom Let Loose, is a lot cooler. It goes a lot deeper into the song writing process to me. It paints a much different picture of how lyrics came about than I had thought. I always thought Ozzy sat around and waited for Geezer to write stuff out but the book says otherwise. Lots of cool pics too.
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

rice_pudding wrote: although i didn't find it as interesting as the authors other book on the ozzy osbourne band which is fantastic.
Please tell me more about this! I've never heard of it....
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

DayNah wrote:
rice_pudding wrote: although i didn't find it as interesting as the authors other book on the ozzy osbourne band which is fantastic.
Please tell me more about this! I've never heard of it....
Check out: The Story Of The Ozzy Osbourne Band

Great book! :D
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

the story of the ozzy osbourne band is a fantastic book (you might see it listed as Blizzard of Ozz which was the books original title). it tells the story of the ozzy osbourne band from the perspective of its numerous band members over the years.
there are interviews with Bob daisley, lee kerslake, tommy aldridge, carmine appice, Don airey, lindsay bridgwater, dana strum, phil soussan and bernie torme ammong others! :D
it features interviews with some people i had never known had a hand in ozzys music. no fan should be without a copy!
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

rice_pudding wrote:the story of the ozzy osbourne band is a fantastic book (you might see it listed as Blizzard of Ozz which was the books original title). it tells the story of the ozzy osbourne band from the perspective of its numerous band members over the years.
there are interviews with Bob daisley, lee kerslake, tommy aldridge, carmine appice, Don airey, lindsay bridgwater, dana strum, phil soussan and bernie torme ammong others! :D
it features interviews with some people i had never known had a hand in ozzys music. no fan should be without a copy!
You guys just made my fucking day!...I'll try and track this down on Amazon....

Speaking of Black Sabbath books, has anyone else read "How Black Was Our Sabbath"?....It's an unauthorized biography from a couple of Sabbath's roadies throughout the 70's.....Lotsa great stories in there too.... :D
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

oh yeah, i forgot to mention one of the best things about this book is that it has a complete discography of the artists who worked with ozzy as well as a consise biography of the other bands they're associated with. so for example theres a bio on Quiet Riot caus of the Randy and Rudy connection and a bio on BLS and pride and joy cause of the zakk connection. :D
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

I just ordered this from Amazon!....Thanks guys.....I'm excited to read this.....
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

So I just finished reading the book....

WOW is all I have to say......I've been an Ozzy fan for 20 + years and thought I had a pretty good idea about who played with him and how things worked in his camp.....FANTASTIC READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the recommendation guys!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

yeah its excellant, the author has a great knack for what he does, its adictive reading :) the first part of the book with ozzys first attempt at a band was especialy interesting

one of my favourite parts of the book is when bob and lee tricked ozzy into thinking the UK was at war :lol: