Jacks "Big Time" Ozzy Documentary to debue soon

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

DMRX
Mass Poster

Jacks "Big Time" Ozzy Documentary to debue soon

Post by DMRX »

Ozzy Osbourne is not only hitting the big screen, he's also hitting the film festival circuit.

"God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" - a new documentary about Ozzy's life and times, will debut at the 10th Annual Tribeca Film Festival in New York; the event runs April 20 to May 1.

Directed by Mike Piscitelli and written and produced by Jordan Tappis, it will be the first release from Jack Osbourne's company, Jacko Productions.

The project is billed as "an intimate documentary that delves deep into the life of music icon Ozzy Osbourne. A sober Ozzy has reached a point of clarity as he looks back on a lifetime of unparalleled success, misdiagnosed disease, unrelenting fear and a recurring dependency on drugs and alcohol. This is a film about reconciling the past and looking toward the future."

"God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" is expected in theatres later this year.

Watch the trailer below (please note, this was originally titled "Wreckage Of My Past: The Ozzy Osbourne Story)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyl34Vf6 ... r_embedded
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Re: Jacks "Big Time" Ozzy Documentary to debue soon

Post by whoopiecat »

I wonder if this is coming out on DVD at the same time as the box and remasters?
The festival is done 5/1. This may get a limited run in regular theaters, but it's not as though it's a concert film/doc, like Flight 666.
This may be the reason why the box date went from the first week, to the last week in May.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
billeci

Post by billeci »

i doubt it, they would want this on its own. makes more $$$$
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

whoopiecat wrote:I wonder if this is coming out on DVD at the same time as the box and remasters?
The festival is done 5/1. This may get a limited run in regular theaters, but it's not as though it's a concert film/doc, like Flight 666.
This may be the reason why the box date went from the first week, to the last week in May.

oh, god, it ain't coming out that fast. I'm hoping they do release it sometime by fall 2011 though at the least.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Why not? Maiden's Flight 666 was released to theaters 4/21 in the UK and the 22nd everywhere else. It was then released on home video a month later.
There's really no reason to wait to release it, as it's a seperate entity from the box, for one...and I don't see this being released to 450 screens in 45 countries like 666 was. As popular as Ozzy is, I don't see this having an engagement longer than a week in theaters.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!