Ozzfest UK

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Ozzfest UK

Post by Fozzy41 »

Went to Ozzfest at The 02 Arena yesterday. PM'd Trigger to see if he was going, and if he and Joe fancied meeting up for a few pints beforehand but never heard anything.
Didn't get there until about 6 O'clock so missed Steel Panther and Murderdolls, but saw Korn, thought they were good although not my cup 'o tea, but quite impressed really.
I was there just to see Ozzy.
After a few minutes of the intro comedy footage of Ozzy in various sketches, Avatar, Jersey Shore, Iron Man, etc (Funny but I'd just prefer Carl Orff's Carmina Buruna as an intro) Ozzy ran onto the stage and told everyone to Have a good time and Go Crazy then the band kicked into a frenetic Bark at the Moon, sound was brilliant, really clear, and Ozzy sounded really strong. Ozzy then said how good it was to be back in England before kicking into Let Me Hear you Scream. Sounded great and the huge crowd reacted as if it was 20 yr old classic. This song sounded great in a live setting.
Not sure of the order of the track listing after that, but it was the usual set he's been doing on this tour, no real suprises, but Fairies Wear Boots was brilliant, my fave song on the night.
Ozzy dedicated Road to Nowhere to Ronnie James Dio, saying he was a great singer, and finishing the song with "God Bless You Ronnie" I think the last time Ozzy said Ronnie's name onstage was probably back in '82 ("Say high to Ronnie, hang the bastard") lol. How things change eh.
Rat Salad was good too, giving Gus G and drummer Tommy Clufetos their chance to shine, both did great, and seen as yesterday was 40 anniversary since Jimi Hendrix died we got the intro to Purple Haze. Gus made the Sabbath songs amazingly heavy, giving Tony Iommi a run for his money.
The only song Ozzy struggled vocally on was towards the end of Into the Void, but most of the time he sounded better than he has in years, I just wish he'd give it a rest with all the "I can't fucking hear you" shouting between every song, got a bit predictable and boring. Save youre voice for singing Ozzy.

He playe the usual four songs from Blizzard but fuck-all from Diary, and no mention of the re-releases.
Good to hear Shot in the Dark and Killer of Giants again from Ultimate Sin. But wish he would play more off the new album, Digin Me Down or Soul Sucker would have been a great addition to the set.

Overall though a great gig, finished with Mama I'm coming Home and the inevitable Paranoid.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Ozzfest UK

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hello Gaz, So you got down to Ozzfest good stuff i've been watching a few clips on youtube and Ozzy's vocals have made a big turn around. I totally agree with you with Ozzy's banter inbetween songs. Old hat and very repetitive you'd think he'd let up after the crowd have been won over. WOO WOO WOO that was one i fucking detested on any bootleg or Live show. But it looks like the tour will not be coming up to the north East so much for Ozzy's 18 month tour. So did Joe errm Mr & Mrs Skezza and Ian not make it ?. I was wanting a programme from the gig for my collection. Anyone got a spare one they want to trade ?. Cheers for the review Gaz ..Did you get any photos ?.
Attachments
Ozzy Ozzfest 2010.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

No photo's mate, too mad at the front, blurred as fuck.
Never saw out of Skezza or Trigger, a few weeks ago Trig PM'd me to ask if I was going and we'd try to meet up, but I've hear bugger all since.
It was a right ball-ache getting down there but worth it. No programmes on sale just the Metal Hammer Ozzfest tribute mag that you can buy in the shops.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Cheers for the review Gaz ..Did you get any photos ?.
Found these Shaun, not sure who took them though.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Nice pics cheers Gaz ...Did you get the PM i sent you ?.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Yeah got thhe PM mate, cheers. Heres some more pics and a cool revue.
http://www.rockersdigest.com/Article/333/Ozzfest
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

I'm seeing in Ozzy in NJ on December 3rd! Its going to be a hell of a trip, but It'll be worth it!
zazafromjohor

Post by zazafromjohor »

Awsome show!!
Here are some pictures from the show first thumb are pix from other bands on the bill that night.